Georgia Chapter Join Chapter, Leader: ChiefM SPONSORED BY:

October 2016 Chat Thread

Old 10-21-2016, 06:43 PM
ChiefM
FTE Chapter Leader
Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts
Originally Posted by hturner12
So she going to get a new horse?

I took the other Jeep to get the tires put on. Found out why the front tires wore out at 48k the front wheels were toed out in 2 different directions
She has talked about it but I'm not sure.

That would wear the tires out pretty quickly.

I got the fuel tank back up between the frame rails. I put too much of the hose towards the tank side and can't get the filler and vent attached to the hose. Always something.

Old 10-21-2016, 07:57 PM
hturner12
Postmaster
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Was that the only horse?

I love dropping fuel tanks (not). If you can get the bed bolts our some time it easier to get to the tank with the bed off.

Went out to the land yesterday. Found 3 of the four pins and broke in the chainsaw. Our lot is very deep 1400 ft on one side 1500 on the other the first 250 is fairly flat then up

Old 10-22-2016, 05:36 AM
ChiefM
FTE Chapter Leader
Dropping the tank is not bad. When I worked at the car dealership I have definitely had harder ones. On the late 80 Camaros you had to remove the rear-end first.

My daughters boyfriend bought me an early Christmas present. A top of line Stihl backpack leaf blower. Man this thing is super awesome!! I can probibly get my whole yard done in 2 or 3 hours instead of all day. I will never go back to a hand held leaf blower again.

Old 10-23-2016, 05:56 AM
ChiefM
FTE Chapter Leader
He was not our only horse.
Did a little work around the house yesterday. Plan on getting the 79 back together and running today.

Yesterday we took the little guy to go get some fall/Halloween pictures at a local petting zoo and farm. We sit him down next to the pumpkins and he totally freaks out. It seems he is deathly afraid of pumpkins. Big ones, medium ones and the small decorative ones too. The wife was very disappointed.

Old 10-23-2016, 06:19 AM
hturner12
Postmaster
Lexie ask me if it was the only one yall had.

Give the litter guy a year he may like pumpkins next year, there are alot more things he could be scared of. Our oldest granddaughter it was the Easter bunny one year.

I got back to sanding yesterday.

Old 10-23-2016, 03:46 PM
ChiefM
FTE Chapter Leader
I got the fill and vent tube put back on. I put 5 gallons in the tank and fired it up, ran very bad and died. not getting fuel from the tank. The rubber line that attaches to the tank was loose and sucking air. I had to drop the tank back down little and put a hose clamp on the line.

It runs again!!! Man I am so glad to get that finished.

Went to put a transmission output seal on the wife's Suburban, I noticed a small wet spot on the drive way last weekend. I ordered a seal from rock auto. Crawled under the truck to start replacing it and it was dry as a bone??? Good for me!!!

Old 10-23-2016, 03:49 PM
hturner12
Postmaster
So what is leaking then?

Old 10-23-2016, 03:58 PM
yankbs 66f100
Elder User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by ChiefM
I got the fill and vent tube put back on. I put 5 gallons in the tank and fired it up, ran very bad and died. not getting fuel from the tank. The rubber line that attaches to the tank was loose and sucking air. I had to drop the tank back down little and put a hose clamp on the line.

It runs again!!! Man I am so glad to get that finished.

Went to put a transmission output seal on the wife's Suburban, I noticed a small wet spot on the drive way last weekend. I ordered a seal from rock auto. Crawled under the truck to start replacing it and it was dry as a bone??? Good for me!!!
Congratulations on having some success. Sometimes it's better to be lucky than good.

Had a successful weekend with the truck. Re-sanded, and re-painted the truck, and had enough energy to put the bed back onto the truck. Tickled with the way the day ended.

Old 10-23-2016, 04:02 PM
hturner12
Postmaster
Bob
The truck is looking good. I did some sanding on mine yesterday and some today after the race going to sand a little more. Got to get it done quick as am am loosing good paint days

Old 10-23-2016, 05:28 PM
yankbs 66f100
Elder User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thanks Hugh, the way this morning started, I didn't think it would warm up enough to paint. I am glad it turned out as warm as it did, and the wind died down. Oh, by the way, have I said how much I hate any kind of sanding. LOL

Old 10-23-2016, 05:42 PM
hturner12
Postmaster
That why I sanded today. Something I almost never do. I did make progress over the last 2 days all of the truck is at 400 except the drivers bed side it as 800, the camper shell is almost at 800 about 95%.

I found a fairly easy water source for wetsanding. I got one ot those 1/2 gallon pump up sprayers from Tractor Supply. Fill it water pump it up. I can keep the surface wet without soaking me. The new 6 in orbital palm is working better than my da .

Old 10-23-2016, 06:43 PM
ChiefM
FTE Chapter Leader
I am just glad to have it running again. Looks like everyone else's projects are coming along too.

Now I need to replace the front axle outer u-joints on the daughters truck and hopefully that will end the big repairs on vehicles for a little while.

I worked all day with no back brace and no issues!!! Getting better and better everyday.

Old 10-23-2016, 06:46 PM
hturner12
Postmaster
You still need to be careful with your back. It will not take much to throw it out again

Old 10-24-2016, 10:06 PM
Big_Texxan
Posting Guru
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Hey guys.

Wow truck looking good

Old 10-25-2016, 05:22 PM
ChiefM
FTE Chapter Leader
I am very careful with my back because I don't want to go thru that pain ever again. Taking off of work tomorrow, it's kinda slow on work right now and my little man has a doctors appointment. I have been with him on every Dr. appointment since he was born and don't plan on changing that. Plus I have a few other things I can take care of in town too.

Now that I went thru the fuel system and it's good again I need to work on the cooling system and the brakes. It's one step at a time.

I bought my lottery ticket so tomorrow I will be a millionaire!!!

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: October 2016 Chat Thread