General Automotive Discussion
View Poll Results: What do you think about rolling coal?
I love it and see no reason for drivers to be ticketed.
7.14%
I hate it and I think that drivers should be ticketed.
50.00%
I dont like it, but I dont think that it should be a ticketable offense.
28.57%
I dont care so long as they dont roll coal into my vehicle.
14.29%
Voters: 28. You may not vote on this poll

Question of the Week: Should rolling coal be illegal?

Search this Thread

Old 10-02-2016, 01:40 PM
Collision
Senior User
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by texastech_diesel
The more smoke the more power I have. I have well over 700HP. I have Edge stacked with Smarty stacked with Banks stacked with EFI. Stacked with stacks and stacked with cold air intake stacked. And did you see my tow mirrors flipped up?

Cummins likes to stack - YouTube

I used to wonder who all the low-IQ idiots in town were. Turns out the song of their people is bigfoot farting in a large trash can for a very long time.
Honestly, if its between a 6.0 and a 5.9 cummins, Ill go with the cummins. I do think the 6.0 is faster, but when it comes to actual towing, a Cummins has more torque, you can really feel it. Sorry guys, but a stock ford vs a stock Ram, both has their pros and cons.

Old 10-02-2016, 02:00 PM
AK_SuperDuty
Elder User
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
My buddy has a black smoke button on his 2012 duramax tuner. When people follow on his tailgate during winter up here in Alaska, he feeds them large doses of black smoke. I think there are times like this when rolling coal is more than warranted

Old 10-02-2016, 03:23 PM
oldrebuiltdodge
New User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I bought one that "rolled coal". Until I got it fixed so that it was normal, it was one of the sickest engines I ever operated. How can anyone ever think that gives them more power? In any engine excessive fuel in the comuustion chamber actually does damage to the engine, by washing lubricating oil off of the cylinder walls, or if it is a dry fuel, it will cause overheating. It also gives diesel vehicle owners in general a bad name. I don't like them doing that, because of the above, but I can see where a ticketable offense would also open up a BIG can of worms.

Old 10-02-2016, 09:47 PM
ProjectToyHauler
Freshman User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Rolling Coal = Emissions testing soon in Utah

I've been lucky for 15 years living in a county in Utah that does not require emissions testing on diesels. So, I've never worried about the mods I've made to my trucks. But, that's about to change and a big part of the reason is because of all the a-holes rolling coal to show off. I see it almost daily and it's embarrassing IMO. The other day I saw a guy rolling down I-15 puffing smoke into cars to get his kicks. That no doubt should be a ticket!

And thanks to these a-hole, our county has announced that "soon" they will start forcing emissions on our diesel trucks. Although my truck rarely smokes, it probably won't pass emissions, so thank you coal rollers of Utah! We all get to bolt all the crap back onto our trucks we don't want now to pass emissions. Just like all my favorite dirt bike and off-roading areas that get closed down because of a couple a-holes that can't tread lightly, this this the same thing, a couple idiots are ruining it for all of us.

Old 10-03-2016, 08:06 AM
Collision
Senior User
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by ProjectToyHauler
I've been lucky for 15 years living in a county in Utah that does not require emissions testing on diesels. So, I've never worried about the mods I've made to my trucks. But, that's about to change and a big part of the reason is because of all the a-holes rolling coal to show off. I see it almost daily and it's embarrassing IMO. The other day I saw a guy rolling down I-15 puffing smoke into cars to get his kicks. That no doubt should be a ticket!

And thanks to these a-hole, our county has announced that "soon" they will start forcing emissions on our diesel trucks. Although my truck rarely smokes, it probably won't pass emissions, so thank you coal rollers of Utah! We all get to bolt all the crap back onto our trucks we don't want now to pass emissions. Just like all my favorite dirt bike and off-roading areas that get closed down because of a couple a-holes that can't tread lightly, this this the same thing, a couple idiots are ruining it for all of us.
Can you just register your vehicle as a classic to avoid emissions?