2017+ Super Duty The 2017+ Ford F250, F350, F450 and F550 Super Duty Pickup and Chassis Cab

FOREScan software installed

Search this Thread

Old 09-30-2016, 08:57 PM
PSM 6.4
Senior User
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Rutcutter
Not yet just now got the Double horn honk deleted and the Tpms psi threshold lowered down to 55 psi in the rear.
Hey bud, I'm PSM64 on the Forscan forum.

What did you need to do to get those changes to finally go through?

Old 09-30-2016, 09:34 PM
Jace2016
Elder User
Will not have my truck for another 30 days but VERY interested in doing these changes! Hope you guys are still here for advice next month!

So I can get it coming ahead of time what items do I need to order? Will they work with Apple iOS devices? That's all I have so I'm hoping there's a version that will.

Old 10-01-2016, 06:26 AM
Xwild
Elder User
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Jace - you need a windows install in order to be able to change settings.

Old 10-01-2016, 09:45 AM
Bread Truck
Freshman User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by PSM 6.4
Hey bud, I'm PSM64 on the Forscan forum.

What did you need to do to get those changes to finally go through?
Also, how low are you able to drop the TPMS?

Old 10-01-2016, 09:51 AM
System
Prolocutor
Received 1,183 Likes on 568 Posts
Originally Posted by Jace2016
Will not have my truck for another 30 days but VERY interested in doing these changes! Hope you guys are still here for advice next month!

So I can get it coming ahead of time what items do I need to order? Will they work with Apple iOS devices? That's all I have so I'm hoping there's a version that will.

As Ted said, it's the full version of the program on Windows only Jace. The Forscan Lite app for iPhone will allow you to connect to a wifi adapter, monitor the truck, and clear codes. To make changes, you need Windows on a laptop or tablet. I am an Apple guy but have Windows installed through Bootcamp on my Macbook Pro for just these type programs. Oh, and you also need a different type adapter to make the changes. While iOS will only work with a wifi adapter, you need a BT adapter for the full version of Forscan to make changes. This is the recommend adapter. https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Old 10-01-2016, 10:34 AM
Jace2016
Elder User
Thanks Rodney & Ted. Everything I have is Apple. Not very familiar with all the technical stuff but all my office computers are Apple, IPad, iPhone, etc. Nothing windows based but need to buy a laptop & software for our Class 8 trucks anyway to set parameters for different drivers so this may be just the perfect time. Anything windows based should work right? The adapter on the link you provided is just the BT to connect to the OBD port correct? Where would I get the full version of Forscan? Thanks for the help in advance, like I said before really interested in changing TPMS monitors so they aren't always showing low tire psi when not towing (I will have them down around 50), horn honking thing, & play with some others as the fog lamps. My 02 Lariat had none of those goodies so I had no issues.

What's the difference in FOREscan and the MS-scan listed for Ford on Amazon with the adapter?

Old 10-01-2016, 10:46 AM
Rasalas
Cargo Master
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by Karl4Cat
full version of Forscan to make changes. This is the recommend adapter. https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1
Rodney, I started browsing the Forscan Forum after acceptance and will pull the plug on both the reader and a new laptop. Old laptop has been in the recycle bin for a few years now and have not really had use for one since the advent of the smartphones for mobile reference.

Question which I did not find an answer to is the ability to reprogram the distance to empty and set the fuel gauge to read empty when the tank is empty instead of the built in safety factor of 6-8 gallons. Thought maybe you had seen it and I don't need how to, just is it available. Thanks.

Old 10-01-2016, 12:08 PM
Bat4x4
Senior User
Originally Posted by Rutcutter
Not yet just now got the Double horn honk deleted and the Tpms psi threshold lowered down to 55 psi in the rear.
Are you able to get the spotlights on the mirrors to stay on with the device?

Old 10-01-2016, 04:08 PM
System
Prolocutor
Received 1,183 Likes on 568 Posts
Rob, I did see where you could change fuel tank size but I didn't look any further to see if it could be a custom size or only switch between OEM sizes like with tires. Not sure on DTE either.

Jace, yes, any Windows based computer or tablet would work as long as it has BT. Yes, the adapter is just an OBD2 to BT but it's also one of the few adapters that can read and program all the modules. Some of the cheaper BT units can't. As to Forscan, you download it here free: Download FORScan Then you need to join the Forscan forums. Once admin has approved your membership you can use the key generator on the Forscan download page to unlock your Forscan program and you can change settings at will. It's a few steps but it's all free and worth the effort...

Old 10-01-2016, 04:15 PM
Rutcutter
Fleet Mechanic
Received 24 Likes on 14 Posts
Originally Posted by Bat4x4
Are you able to get the spotlights on the mirrors to stay on with the device?
I don't think so.. Going to have to "wire around" the spotlights.

Old 10-01-2016, 04:45 PM
wb6anp
Logistics Pro
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
I will be investigating things when I get my truck. Like changing the fogs.

Old 10-03-2016, 12:25 PM
Blk04Snake
Senior User
So what would be a good portable windows device to buy to be able to use it with that BT adapter? My laptop doesn't have BT so I'll have to get something else I guess. Since I'd probably only be using it for this I don't want to have to get something super duper expensive.

Old 10-03-2016, 01:43 PM
fordmantpw
Cargo Master
Received 423 Likes on 136 Posts
You can buy a USB BT adapter so that you don't have to buy a new laptop with BT. That is your cheapest route.

Otherwise, I'm a fan of the Surface devices, but they are a bit more expensive.

Old 10-04-2016, 01:26 PM
Dylan01
Freshman User
From the Forscan FAQ:

"What OBD2 adapters are supported?

All ELM327 adapters are supported, including clones. Situation with so-called "ELM-compatible" is more complex. Our opinion about "compatible" devices is reflected in this article: . At the moment (Feb 2013) the following ELM327-compatible devices are confirmed to be compatible with FORScan:

- OBDLink SX (STN1100 chipset) - confirmed by Naresh Seeparsad on JDM Mazda 323 BJ Familia 2002 MY

FORScan normally works with COM, USB and Bluetooth interfaces"

I have a VGA to OBD2 port from a previous project I intend on trying out. Though, the hardest part will be getting my old Windows XP laptop to boot and run the program first. I will report back my findings!

Old 10-05-2016, 07:13 PM
Marching Ant
Senior User
Is there a setting to bring back the 'gallons of fuel used' display in the trip page, like we had in the 11-16's? I find this much more useful than their (very conservative) 'miles till empty' display - especially if you run an aux tank.

Quick Reply: FOREScan software installed