2017+ Super Duty The 2017+ Ford F250, F350, F450 and F550 Super Duty Pickup and Chassis Cab

Things on the 2017 that you don't like.

Search this Thread

Old 01-18-2017, 08:08 PM
DIDit4DAD
Junior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by troverman
Unfortunately, the white line on the **** does not illuminate.
Thanks. That seems like a glaring oversight to me. Maybe I'll try some glow in the dark tape where the line on the **** is.

Old 01-18-2017, 08:23 PM
klassic
Tuned
Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts
Originally Posted by troverman
Here's the deal with the headlights / fog lights: if you set the headlights to Auto and then push the fog lights on, and then leave things alone...letting the auto lights turn the headlights on and off...the fog lights will stay on each time the auto headlights come on. If you switch from Auto to manual "On" mode but back to auto before you shut them off (say, to kill the auto high beam function) then the fogs stay on.

However, once you switch the headlight switch to "Off" then they will need to be re-switched on.
Are you saying if I turn the headlight switch to "on" instead of "auto" then the auto high beams will stop functioning?
Like how I couldn't figure out how to turn them off in the thick fog last night and was being blinded.

Old 01-19-2017, 07:24 AM
Shreve T
Mountain Pass
My only complaint so far is that there is NO radio channel display on the home screen (Nav) up top along side the Temp, Unless I'm missing something..

On my 2015 RAM w/u-connect it was displayed both in the center screen as well as the nav/home screen

Old 01-19-2017, 07:30 AM
Bear 1
Junior User
Originally Posted by Force74
I've had mine for a bit so I've actually got some very minor "suggestions" (overall, I have only one significant complaint - Wrong GAWR on the tag...which is getting fixed). -The drawer lid in the center console vibrates a little at low RPM at times when open. I would like a stronger fuel door lid that locks as well (railrode1). The 4 X 4 **** is flimsy and out of place compared to the other ***** (others are large and stout in design). Just small stuff really. Love the truck today more than I did a month ago. To me, that's the ultimate testament to buying a new vehicle.
I agree wit most of these.just put 4k miles on my 2017 F350 Platinum at Christmas.

Old 01-19-2017, 08:13 AM
troverman
Hotshot
Received 533 Likes on 257 Posts
Originally Posted by DIDit4DAD
Thanks. That seems like a glaring oversight to me. Maybe I'll try some glow in the dark tape where the line on the **** is.
It was like this on the previous generation, too.

But there is a silver lining: when you change to 4Hi or 4Lo, an indicator turns on in the dash display. GM trucks only show what mode they are in by the position of the ****.

Old 01-19-2017, 08:14 AM
troverman
Hotshot
Received 533 Likes on 257 Posts
Originally Posted by klassic
Are you saying if I turn the headlight switch to "on" instead of "auto" then the auto high beams will stop functioning?
Like how I couldn't figure out how to turn them off in the thick fog last night and was being blinded.
Absolutely. Switching to regular "on" mode cancels the auto high beam function and you control it the old way by moving the control stalk.

On our Lincoln with auto high beams, oddly, the only way you can cancel it is by turning "on" the fog lamps. Auto high beam only functions with them off.

Old 01-20-2017, 01:22 AM
ruphianh
Tuned
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
disclosure: Lariat Ultimate

Random stuff here but:

1. I wish it auto-locked when I walked away from it after turning it off. Rather than needing to press the key fob or the sensor switch on the door handle.

2. I wish the side mirrors had the option of auto folding when turning it off/parking. Instead i need to press the fold button.

3. I wish the speakers were better amplified/clearer. They are only decent. Why cheap out on this? For $20-$40 Ford could have done such a better job on audio quality.

4. I wish the apple/android car apps worked via bluetooth rather than cabled.I think this is more of a function of the apps themselves but still my thoughts.

5. I wish during parking, going from reverse to forward, the 360 camera didn't turn off automatically. I do not like pressing the button to see the 360 camera button during low speed parking maneuvers. Even my wife gave me crap about that. I think this would actually be the best, most functional change that could be done with a simple software upgrade. Most cars keep cameras on until speed function turns them off. Not shifting.

6. The turning radius could definitely be better.

7. There is absolutely no reason that the rear tires need to be 80PSI. I wish the tire pressure warning was adjustable in the dash for the tires. I could have a way better ride. The whole idea of going to the dealer of the FORscan thing is rediculous when they are set to 80PSI.

Old 01-20-2017, 06:14 AM
EightySecond
Elder User
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I wish that from the steering wheel controls I could scan through the SiriusXM stations or FM radio in chronological order - not just going through my presets. Having to reach over to the tuning **** to explore other stations is pretty dumb.

Old 01-20-2017, 08:24 AM
LCC
Mountain Pass
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by EightySecond
I wish that from the steering wheel controls I could scan through the SiriusXM stations or FM radio in chronological order - not just going through my presets. Having to reach over to the tuning **** to explore other stations is pretty dumb.
This has been the same in all the sync versions.. Would be nice to be able to select that function..

Old 01-20-2017, 11:03 AM
Rasalas
Cargo Master
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
I must be easy to please. Only gripes are 0 MTE and only putting in 28 gallons in 34 gallon tank. Spot mirrors way to easy to move. Have to re-adjust every time they are cleaned. And steering wander. The damn truck wanders all over the place. Down the next road, right past the driveway, over to the next town, and then the one after that, out to the big lake (Ontario), down to the small lakes (Finger Lakes), off to the hill country. And even then hard to park, back in the shop. Fights me every time and whines and whimpers all night, calling out, wanting to go. I guess I could have worse complaints but haven't found them yet!

Old 01-20-2017, 05:22 PM
petei
Tuned
Originally Posted by Rasalas
I must be easy to please. Only gripes are 0 MTE and only putting in 28 gallons in 34 gallon tank. Spot mirrors way to easy to move. Have to re-adjust every time they are cleaned. And steering wander. The damn truck wanders all over the place. Down the next road, right past the driveway, over to the next town, and then the one after that, out to the big lake (Ontario), down to the small lakes (Finger Lakes), off to the hill country. And even then hard to park, back in the shop. Fights me every time and whines and whimpers all night, calling out, wanting to go. I guess I could have worse complaints but haven't found them yet!
I don't see you for a while on the forum probably you spend more time driving that thing.How many miles you got on it now?

Old 01-20-2017, 05:40 PM
biz4two
Lead Driver
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Arrow

Originally Posted by ruphianh
disclosure: Lariat Ultimate

7. There is absolutely no reason that the rear tires need to be 80PSI. I wish the tire pressure warning was adjustable in the dash for the tires. I could have a way better ride. The whole idea of going to the dealer of the FORscan thing is rediculous when they are set to 80PSI.

You can certainly lower the air pressure about 5 or 10 psi without a warning...and maybe even 15. Although that might be a stretch.

I know on my 2012 SD...I have them a little lower to help with the harsh ride effects.

biz

Old 01-20-2017, 07:42 PM
klassic
Tuned
Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts
Darn... I thought you were serious about the steering wander. I don't know if Im imagining it, but I seem to be wandering like I'm drunk.
I've been waiting to see if anyone else seems to feel it.
I never noticed it in my 2012.

Old 01-20-2017, 08:04 PM
ecsb82
Junior User
The trailer light plug is upside down. The channel fills up with ice.

Attached Images  
Old 01-20-2017, 08:12 PM
Tomc750
Tuned
Received 21 Likes on 16 Posts
I have the same problem with my 450, while putting miles on prior to getting the tow body mounted which involves interstate driving, I go past my intended turnaround. So I go a little further, and repeat as necessary. Maybe you will eventually find a place to mount the compressor or tank, can't remember which. Give it some thought when the whimpering gets to be too much and have to go for another spin!

Quick Reply: Things on the 2017 that you don't like.