1983 - 2012 Ranger & B-Series All Ford Ranger and Mazda B-Series models

2006 door speakers - any tips?

Search this Thread

Old 09-24-2016, 07:45 PM
BarnieTrk
Cargo Master
Received 56 Likes on 49 Posts
Originally Posted by BarnieTrk
Yes, my OEM radio has a front/rear fade control, but after some more reading/surfin' I suspect that my rear speakers are only empty GRILLS! I will be able to look tomorrow to confirm, but from what read, it was common for plain-jane OEM AM/FM/CD radios to come from FoMoCo with only the two door speakers - and the speakers grills behind the seats didn't have speakers AND didn't have wires or bracketry to support speakers there either!

I'll check back in here tomorrow once I peel off the speaker grills to see what I find.
Well Fellas,
My thoughts on the rear speakers were WRONG! Sure enough - there were FoMoCo speakers behind the rear grills. They were ink-stamped: 4ohm/25W / 6L5T-18932-AC32N4 / S4GRA / M2EJ1 / Made in Mexico. They looked dusty, but no visible tears. But the front speakers didn't have any visible tears/damage either. They appear to be the same speakers as the front speakers. The outer-most edges of the speakers measured 8" x 5.5". I left the rear speakers installed.

As far as the replacement of the front speaker went - the install of the Jensens went smooth and without any issues. I did put a small touch of dielectric grease on each connection. The foam baffles fit fine; I cut a hole in the bottom of baffle (the bottom - as it would be mounted) to allow any water out IF it ever got inside. I also ran the wires through the same hole. Once installed in the door, I trimmed the excessive foam away with a razor blade. I didn't use the provided speaker grills, as the inside door panel had a grill in it. Yep, they sound GREAT!

I'm sure my twice-a-day, Mon-Fri, (45-minute/28-mile commute each way) will be more enjoyable now!

THANKS again going out to Spooktn and Rockledge for your opinions, advice and support, Guys! Meanwhile - enjoy and be Safe Ranger-wheelin', Gents!

BarnieTrk

P.S.
Oh yeah - the door mirror replacement. In previous vehicles, (my '94 Ranger) I had been burned with trying to save a couple $$ with an aftermarket mirror - it ended up wiggling excessively. I wasn't going to go that route again. In an effort to stay true FoMoCo, my local parts yard wanted to sell me a complete replacement door, not wanting to sell me only the mirror... I didn't want to buy a door to store for more $$ than an NOS mirror. So I went genuine FoMoCo mirror, $95. Some would say that's pricey, but the replacement went smooth and easy...no drama there. Well worth it to me.

Old 09-26-2016, 06:09 AM
03 Maz B23
Elder User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Checkout a site like Crutchfield which will give you speaker size to fit each location. There should be connections within the wire harness at each speaker mounting location regardless whether it came with them or not.

http://www.crutchfield.com/S-Ef5V5NR2BoU