Looking for old magazine article of an idi

Search this Thread

Old 09-07-2016, 11:05 PM
TheBlueMule
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Looking for old magazine article of an idi

Hey guys,

When I was a kid I used to get all kinds of truck magazines in the mail. However, the article I'm looking for I'm pretty sure would have been in either "off-road magazine" or "truck trend". In either the late 90s or very early 2000's there was an article with a blue brick nose idi dually 4x4 extended cab. From what I can remember from the article, the guy either converted the dually to a 4x4 or converted a SRW 4x4 to a dually, put on a banks turbo, and some custom bumpers (that is what I vaguely remember at least). The truck was dark blue with a silver decal on the side. Also all work was done at shops and described what they were doing each place in the article. (Again, this is to the best of my knowledge)

I would love to find out what magazine and year it was from so I can purchase a used copy to reread some 15-20ish years later, especially after getting close to finishing restoring my crew cab 4x4 dually brick nose.

Thank you very much!
Thebluemule

Old 09-08-2016, 01:17 AM
Leroy Unlisted
Laughing Gas
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
i hope you find it ..

sounds cool .. for what ever reason i have a hard time finding some old magazine articles and even pictures ..

the big foot monster truck always changed up with the models .. and when the obs style came out they cut the wheel wells of bigfoot out into a circle .. and changed the front end .. otherwise it was the same truck .. i do believe in some cases ..

i'm sure they built more .. but .. when i look for big foot pictures .. like i remember as a kid .. it's hard to find the bullnose bigfoot .. you'd think there'd be a million pictures out there .. but for some reason they seem rare now .. on the net ..

there was no internet in them days .. so if we don't hunt down this stuff and preserve what you like .. or digitize it somehow .. it'll be lost in a few decades ..

i hope you can find it . ..

also .. if nobody knows .. then you can try the library .. some large libraries keep each magazine in archives by year .. i don't know how far back .. but if nothing else you could find the nearest large library and start there .. they'd probably assigned a dewey decimal number to it that far back or .. maybe a barcode or just in a box you'd have to go through ..

i like the truck too .. looks cool .. is ther a pic thread you got ?

Old 09-08-2016, 07:49 AM
TheBlueMule
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Exactly what I'm afraid of...I can't find anything online about it and I've searched for hours. I just figured someone would remember it on here.

I don't have a build thread yet but as soon as it's done I will be posting a thread with pictures from start to finish and summarize the project.