First Time Ford Owner....Factory Paint/Body Defect

Search this Thread

Old 08-26-2016, 11:59 AM
Kgonzo23
Freshman User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
First Time Ford Owner....Factory Paint/Body Defect

Hey guys. First time Ford owner and not having good luck. Have a 2016 F250 Super Duty. Less than 10K miles. Was going to purchase a used vehicle but for the price I figured buy new to save the hassles.

Im extremely meticulous and wash my vehicles twice a week sometimes 3 times. Im a neat freak. Well a few weeks back after having the truck almost 6 months now while drying the roof I cut my finger. Stood on the running boards and when I check out the roof below is what I find.

Original Damage https://imgur.com/gallery/NdYtX

Did research and found it was a known Ford issue. I was pissed obviously as its a brand new truck. Last thing I want is paint work done. Especially on a black vehicle. Went to 4 different Ford dealerships getting story after story. Finally found one with a body shop who agreed to help and made me feel like they would get it fixed. Warranty claim approved and dropped it off. They call 3 days later that its ready. Go and pick it up and this is what I see

1st Attempt https://imgur.com/gallery/pqJrb

Rightfully so I get even more pissed. Bring it back and respectfully speak to manager and show him as he personally told me it was good to go. Trash in paint, sandpaper marks everywhere, over spray on glass, repair looks like a finger painting. He apologizes and again asks me to leave it. So I left it. 2 weeks later I get a call to come get it. Go pick it up this week and I could not see the repair as the truck was covered in pollen. Get home, wash it, jump up.....

2nd Attempt https://imgur.com/gallery/9kpUK

Paint is bubbling up everywhere. I can stick my nail in it. The entire length of my roof.

So now where do I go? Do I have grounds to demand a new truck? Who is going to assure me with all the coats of paint in a year I wont have a flaking issue? Do I have grounds to demand them to pay for a repair at shop of my choice???

Whats my next move???

Old 08-28-2016, 07:26 AM
Kgonzo23
Freshman User
Originally Posted by Kgonzo23
Hey guys. First time Ford owner and not having good luck. Have a 2016 F250 Super Duty. Less than 10K miles. Was going to purchase a used vehicle but for the price I figured buy new to save the hassles.

Im extremely meticulous and wash my vehicles twice a week sometimes 3 times. Im a neat freak. Well a few weeks back after having the truck almost 6 months now while drying the roof I cut my finger. Stood on the running boards and when I check out the roof below is what I find.

Original Damage https://imgur.com/gallery/NdYtX

Did research and found it was a known Ford issue. I was pissed obviously as its a brand new truck. Last thing I want is paint work done. Especially on a black vehicle. Went to 4 different Ford dealerships getting story after story. Finally found one with a body shop who agreed to help and made me feel like they would get it fixed. Warranty claim approved and dropped it off. They call 3 days later that its ready. Go and pick it up and this is what I see

1st Attempt https://imgur.com/gallery/pqJrb

Rightfully so I get even more pissed. Bring it back and respectfully speak to manager and show him as he personally told me it was good to go. Trash in paint, sandpaper marks everywhere, over spray on glass, repair looks like a finger painting. He apologizes and again asks me to leave it. So I left it. 2 weeks later I get a call to come get it. Go pick it up this week and I could not see the repair as the truck was covered in pollen. Get home, wash it, jump up.....

2nd Attempt https://imgur.com/gallery/9kpUK

Paint is bubbling up everywhere. I can stick my nail in it. The entire length of my roof.

So now where do I go? Do I have grounds to demand a new truck? Who is going to assure me with all the coats of paint in a year I wont have a flaking issue? Do I have grounds to demand them to pay for a repair at shop of my choice???

Whats my next move???

Anybody????

Old 08-29-2016, 02:35 PM
Beechkid
Received 210 Likes on 160 Posts
engage the ford rep....................!!!!!!! they will assist and there are a variety of solutions from Ford denying payment to the repairing dealer and advising as to other shops in the region who have the capabilities to do the work.

Old 08-30-2016, 01:24 AM
Serf27
New User
Yes, I higly suggest you go back to the dealer who did the work and ask to be fixed to factory spec.

I really can't belive that work rolled out of a dealer.

Writing a letter to dealer corporate seems to go a long way from what I have read online.

Hope you get it fixed, GL.

Old 08-30-2016, 06:11 AM
Kgonzo23
Freshman User
Originally Posted by Serf27
Yes, I higly suggest you go back to the dealer who did the work and ask to be fixed to factory spec.

I really can't belive that work rolled out of a dealer.

Writing a letter to dealer corporate seems to go a long way from what I have read online.

Hope you get it fixed, GL.

Well I did go back to the dealer who did the work originally. I gave them 2 attempts to make it right and they are failing miserably....

Yesterday I spoke to the GM of said dealership and she said they would be contacting me today. But while I was taking more photos I noticed now the passenger side has begun to do the same thing!! So I contacted Ford Corporate. They have contacted me and forwarded my info to my regional manager. They said he will contact me today or tomorrow.

Old 08-30-2016, 01:08 PM
Beechkid
Received 210 Likes on 160 Posts
I can tell you from a personal experience (one from many years ago...a little bit different of a situation, but same type of issue), while its tough, relax as when the regional Ford rep engages, things happen which are all good.

Old 09-02-2016, 09:48 AM
vtpkrat2
Tuned
Received 23 Likes on 18 Posts
Although I cannot tell what the initial damage is in the pics I will say that the attempts at repair are very poor.As you "stack" materials (as in paint,primers etc.) as has been done here, you have a good chance of solvents being trapped which will eventually rise to the surface as bubbles or pockmarks. A REPUTABLE shop would strip ALL that garbage off and do a proper factory looking repair. Not a big deal for a shop to do with a guarantee. I do them all the time in my shop with no problems. Good luck! gary