1948 - 1956 F1, F100 & Larger F-Series Trucks Discuss the Fat Fendered and Classic Ford Trucks

Ugh, huge setback

Search this Thread

Old 08-24-2016, 10:05 PM
Quesera
Freshman User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hang in there! Best wishes for a quick recovery an full health. I've been a little broken down lately, though not as broken down as my old truck. Hopefully we'll both be up and running soon!

Old 08-26-2016, 12:18 PM
Scotty's 52 F3
Fleet Mechanic
Received 56 Likes on 49 Posts
My prayers out to you and your family. Hang in there.

You can still work on your truck even while in the hospital. Plan it out. you'll think about details you might have missed otherwise.

My rock crawler build got stalled out by three back surgeries in 18 months. Got the wiring schematic figured out for my engine swap since I couldn't do anything else.

My surgeries were NOTHING compared to what you are going through but, you get the idea. Do what you can.

Old 08-26-2016, 08:09 PM
thomasstemmle
Senior User
Thank you all for the well wishes and positive thoughts! Yesterday, my LDH was 512, today was 552. Hopefully that's just an anomaly and it starts heading down again. I have to get it down to about 300 to go home.
My arm is like a pin cushion, and I look like a fat hermon addict with all the marks on my arms lol.
I'm pretty bummed bc I was invited to a special press conference with mets players and coaches on Sunday, and I was super excited for that. At least they let me transfer my passes to a family friend, a retired police officer.
This is what is inside me in case anyone is curious

Also, I love the seafoam idea!

Old 08-27-2016, 06:41 AM
Harrier
Lead Driver
Received 763 Likes on 373 Posts
Hopefully you will get the LDH level down quickly and you can get back home.
Thanks for the picture, a heart pump is something I never heard of until your post.

I'm a "how it works" type of guy. If you don't feel like answering these questions, no worries.
Is this a replacement for a heart transplant?
Do you have to wear it 24/7? (obviously the inside stuff can't be taken off. )
Does the TSA freak out when you travel?

Old 08-27-2016, 11:45 AM
thomasstemmle
Senior User
So, my LDH went to 760. They don't seem too concerned, bc my test for a thrombosis the other day came back negative. My INR is at a therapeutic level, so it could just be that I have a higher LDH base level now.

Joe, I am an open book. This is referred to as a bridge to transplant. On the rarest of occassions, while being on the pump, the heart can recover. That will not happen in my case, over 5+ years living with heart failure, never getting above 25% heart function.
The organ transplant the waiting list is a disaster in the way it is set up, and is in need for major changes. While on the pump, my status is 1B, and that along with my O+ blood type in NY, I will never get a call for a heart. Now that I am in the hospital, my status is upgraded to 1A, but I still have an extremely small chance of getting a heart.
All of my equipment is running 24/7/365 for the last 3.5 years. The batteries and controller are external, but always connected to power.
TSA or any other security is all smoke and mirrors. Some days I get the guy that wants to fondle my ***** for 5 mins to make sure I'm not hiding anything, and some days they just tell me to go ahead without checking anything. 99/100, if I wanted to sneak something in, I could

Old 08-27-2016, 05:47 PM
1952henry
Fleet Mechanic
Received 152 Likes on 92 Posts
Best wishes and prayers

Old 08-27-2016, 09:43 PM
Harrier
Lead Driver
Received 763 Likes on 373 Posts
Thanks for sharing that information. Sharing you condition helps us all learn.It has to be tough and frustrating.
I'm praying that all goes well with you.
It's also a reminder for everyone to sign their organ donor card. My cousin was 29 when she died of a brain aneurysm. Her husband wrote an article outlining all the people she saved by being an organ donor. I had never thought about it until then. I now will never forget it.

I know we are all over the country and world, but if there is anything we can do just let us know.

Old 08-29-2016, 11:04 AM
thomasstemmle
Senior User
My LDH is going the wrong way it's up to 841. Drs have no clue, and just seems like they have their thumbs up their asses. I am getting very impatient and losing faith in my medical care. Looks like I'm stuck here

Old 08-29-2016, 07:47 PM
abe
One Meadow Green Owner

Received 2,610 Likes on 1,454 Posts
Hang in there. I'll pray that your ldh goes down and that He guides the doctors. Now use your time to read your shop manual, your owners manual, etc. Subscribe to Vintage Truck for some good reading.

Old 08-29-2016, 08:13 PM
mike.rogers
Senior User
Get to feeling better soon.

Old 08-29-2016, 11:38 PM
Scotty's 52 F3
Fleet Mechanic
Received 56 Likes on 49 Posts
I'm praying for you. I hope things turn around for you.

Old 08-30-2016, 03:56 AM
Mervy49
Posting Guru
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by thomasstemmle
Thank you all for the well wishes and positive thoughts! Yesterday, my LDH was 512, today was 552. Hopefully that's just an anomaly and it starts heading down again. I have to get it down to about 300 to go home.
My arm is like a pin cushion, and I look like a fat hermon addict with all the marks on my arms lol.
I'm pretty bummed bc I was invited to a special press conference with mets players and coaches on Sunday, and I was super excited for that. At least they let me transfer my passes to a family friend, a retired police officer.

I was just wondering why a LDH gauge or something,... like a dashboard indicator, or some other electronic device wasn't installed at the same time all these mechanicals were installed. Then you could monitor it yourself.

Get well soon.

Old 08-30-2016, 05:59 AM
Rusty 57
Senior User
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by thomasstemmle

Is that a 223 or 292?
Hope you get well soon.

Old 08-31-2016, 01:07 AM
Bluey Zedoff
Laughing Gas
Received 70 Likes on 36 Posts
Good luck with your battle, mate. Being sick sure sucks.

Old 08-31-2016, 05:52 AM
raytasch
Believe Nothing

Received 244 Likes on 153 Posts
Originally Posted by Harrier
It's also a reminder for everyone to sign their organ donor card.
We're all pulling for you, guy.

Quick Reply: Ugh, huge setback