2017+ Super Duty The 2017+ Ford F250, F350, F450 and F550 Super Duty Pickup and Chassis Cab

Some not-so-great news.

Search this Thread

Old 08-22-2016, 10:55 AM
archerseven
Senior User
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Some not-so-great news.

Dealer sent me an email...

"Your truck is part of a hold, I don't have any info on the hold other than the expected release date of 9-25. I will send you more info as it becomes available to me."

Old 08-23-2016, 08:07 PM
F350-6
Post Fiend
Received 24 Likes on 20 Posts
Might share the details of your order (trim level, packages etc. just in case it turns out to be a limited hold).

Sorry to hear that.

Old 08-23-2016, 09:43 PM
archerseven
Senior User
Originally Posted by F350-6
Might share the details of your order (trim level, packages etc. just in case it turns out to be a limited hold).

Sorry to hear that.
XL 250 Super Cab that was built on 7/20. CNG prep with 4x4, manual shift on stop, power equipment group, over cab lights, elocker.... think that's it?

Old 08-24-2016, 07:02 PM
F350-6
Post Fiend
Received 24 Likes on 20 Posts
CNG prep isn't that popular of an option. Wonder if that's it. I watched several XL 250's get offloaded at a local dealer on Friday 8/19. Your Monday email either means those weren't caught up in the mess, or Ford moves faster than we think in halting shipments.

Old 08-25-2016, 05:22 AM
archerseven
Senior User
Originally Posted by F350-6
CNG prep isn't that popular of an option. Wonder if that's it. I watched several XL 250's get offloaded at a local dealer on Friday 8/19. Your Monday email either means those weren't caught up in the mess, or Ford moves faster than we think in halting shipments.
Yeah I've wondered that. CNG Prep definitely isn't new, though, nor is the engine, so I didn't expect it'd cause issues. Then again, on a truck this simple, I didn't expect issues. See what I know.

Old 08-25-2016, 05:55 AM
troverman
Hotshot
Received 534 Likes on 258 Posts
Originally Posted by archerseven
Yeah I've wondered that. CNG Prep definitely isn't new, though, nor is the engine, so I didn't expect it'd cause issues. Then again, on a truck this simple, I didn't expect issues. See what I know.
Yeah, its a bit strange. Seems like most of the early dealer deliveries were XL trucks. I got to check one out after hours that was left unlocked (no remote locks, so dealer reps forgot how to manually lock all doors, lol)

That XL truck was surprisingly very nice, even with roll down windows. Much nicer than the XL 2011-2016 truck on the inside.

I was disappointed it did not have the power pack...which would have given it the LED clearance lamps in the mirrors. For the longest time, only Ford Super Duty trucks had lights in their mirrors. Now that GM finally added some (LED), theirs are the brightest and most visible. I was hoping to compare Ford's new brightness to GM's. At least Ford's are LED now.

Hopefully your truck is not held up as long as expected.

Old 08-25-2016, 06:54 AM
archerseven
Senior User
Originally Posted by troverman
Yeah, its a bit strange. Seems like most of the early dealer deliveries were XL trucks. I got to check one out after hours that was left unlocked (no remote locks, so dealer reps forgot how to manually lock all doors, lol)

That XL truck was surprisingly very nice, even with roll down windows. Much nicer than the XL 2011-2016 truck on the inside.

I was disappointed it did not have the power pack...which would have given it the LED clearance lamps in the mirrors. For the longest time, only Ford Super Duty trucks had lights in their mirrors. Now that GM finally added some (LED), theirs are the brightest and most visible. I was hoping to compare Ford's new brightness to GM's. At least Ford's are LED now.
Yeah a different dealer had an XLT in (with plow package and FX-4... seemed like a bit of an odd combination of things) that I was checking out, unfortunately it did have remote locks so they didn't miss it.

I have one major complaint with it, which kinda goes against what most people on here like, but I wish it were a little more understated. I don't really want to stand out, and I'm not buying a big truck for the sake of having a big truck, I just want to be able to go more places carrying more things than a half ton's comfortable with. So I wish it wasn't as tall, and though I don't hate them, they do look good, the grill and in particular headlights are just obscenely big. That and it's crazy tall, not sure how to address that yet.

Loving everything else... the piece in the hood doesn't hold water, even when parked a bit up hill, and looking underneath I don't see the kinds of major areas that like to hold onto road brine that I'm used to seeing on trucks, so I think they'll hold up better against rust/corrosion.

Sent my dealer an email, going to see if I can test drive something that has shown up.

Hopefully your truck is not held up as long as expected.
Me too!

Old 08-31-2016, 09:37 AM
archerseven
Senior User
Update from my dealer this morning: "I just talked to our rep Monday and apparently there are like 4 different holds but he said they are being very tight lipped."

Old 08-31-2016, 09:53 AM
troverman
Hotshot
Originally Posted by archerseven
Update from my dealer this morning: "I just talked to our rep Monday and apparently there are like 4 different holds but he said they are being very tight lipped."
I spoke with my dealer this AM an he is waiting on a callback from his rep.

I went ahead and called Ford Customer Relations myself, and basically the lady told me she didn't see anything specifically wrong with my order but agreed it had been built, released, loaded on to Jack Cooper, then unloaded, sent back to the plant, re-released, and then sent back to the plant and back to "in production" status.

I need a truck. I was told ETA of 9/4 was very likely and at worst it would be another week. That's why I was willing to sell my truck (for a few extra bucks) early. I'm looking at what's coming in. Unfortunately no duallys anywhere near me.

Old 08-31-2016, 10:03 AM
Don Naslund
Laughing Gas
Received 39 Likes on 30 Posts
It may have been damaged in shipment so they just sent it back to be repaired.

Old 08-31-2016, 10:08 AM
troverman
Hotshot
Originally Posted by Don Naslund
It may have been damaged in shipment so they just sent it back to be repaired.
Maybe, but she told me she didn't see that it was damaged.

Old 08-31-2016, 10:32 AM
System
Prolocutor
Received 1,198 Likes on 573 Posts
I spoke with my dealer this AM an he is waiting on a callback from his rep.

I went ahead and called Ford Customer Relations myself, and basically the lady told me she didn't see anything specifically wrong with my order but agreed it had been built, released, loaded on to Jack Cooper, then unloaded, sent back to the plant, re-released, and then sent back to the plant and back to "in production" status.

I need a truck. I was told ETA of 9/4 was very likely and at worst it would be another week. That's why I was willing to sell my truck (for a few extra bucks) early. I'm looking at what's coming in. Unfortunately no duallys anywhere near me.
There is one coming in down in my neck of the woods Tyler. Kind of stripped down but if you are in a bind...

New 2017 Ford SuperDuty F-350 Lariat

Old 08-31-2016, 10:50 AM
troverman
Hotshot
Originally Posted by Karl4Cat
There is one coming in down in my neck of the woods Tyler. Kind of stripped down but if you are in a bind...

New 2017 Ford SuperDuty F-350 Lariat
Thanks Rodney. You can bet I'm looking all over. Two biggest complaints with the one in your area is lack of heated seats and the oxford white. I don't mind the tri-coat platinum white but oxford is pretty plain, even dressed up with the chrome pack.

There's one an hour away. Lariat Ultimate, said "new arrival." I would have left work and headed if it was true. The guy says, 'it already in inventory, have it by the weekend.' Quick chat session says "in production, ETA 9/25."

What happened is a big job normally first week in October (requires my heaviest trailer and equipment) moved up to 2 weeks away. I actually drove an hour last night and looked at a new 2016 F-450 King Ranch. Got there and sold. Not that I really want another 16.

Old 08-31-2016, 10:54 AM
Frantz
Postmaster
Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
The big hold I know of is the trailer camera. I don't see any other holds listed. Axle always shows as back order, but that hasn't been slowing down the orders.

Old 08-31-2016, 12:20 PM
archerseven
Senior User
Mine looks similar... we know at one point it was released to the trucking company (Jack Cooper), then suddenly it vanished from the system, then it went back to held at plant. Maybe calling customer relations would give me a bit more insight?

Originally Posted by Frantz
The big hold I know of is the trailer camera. I don't see any other holds listed. Axle always shows as back order, but that hasn't been slowing down the orders.
I'm fairly confident mine doesn't have any cameras, definitely not the trailer camera. Neither of those things would pull a truck back into the plant after production would it?

Thanks, by the way. You seem to be better able to use the Ford systems than any dealer around here, and willing to show up and talk to us about it. Much appreciated.

Quick Reply: Some not-so-great news.