2017+ Super Duty The 2017+ Ford F250, F350, F450 and F550 Super Duty Pickup and Chassis Cab

Truck Delivered

Search this Thread

Old 08-17-2016, 11:47 AM
porthole
Cargo Master

Received 42 Likes on 34 Posts
Originally Posted by troverman
Whoo-hoo!! We have a winner! Probably not fair because guys like Fidel and House got black flagged by the camera setup.

Congrats, can't wait to see the pics.

Ahh, first is first, doesn't matter how you get there - even falling over the finish line

Old 08-18-2016, 08:13 AM
J.A.B
New User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Got the truck home yesterday and drove it a little bit. The manual shifter was a mistake. For some reason it never occurred to me when ordering the truck that this option would come with traditional manual hubs only ( no vacuum actuator ), I'll have to live with this for the next 8 years or so.

Something that might be of interest to others. This truck has the 4:10 gears, I find that they are not bad. 70 mph produces rpms of around 2200. I'm happy I did not go with the 3:55s.

The driver's position in reference to the radio and climate controls also seems much more ergonomic than the 11 - 16 models.

I'm also happy that the truck came with the Michelin tires vs. the all terrains that came with the Fx4 package in past years.

Attached Images  
Old 08-18-2016, 08:20 AM
ben97
Senior User
Very nice!!!

Old 08-18-2016, 08:38 AM
Rasalas
Cargo Master
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by J.A.B
Got the truck home yesterday and drove it a little bit. The manual shifter was a mistake. For some reason it never occurred to me when ordering the truck that this option would come with traditional manual hubs only ( no vacuum actuator ), I'll have to live with this for the next 8 years or so.

Something that might be of interest to others. This truck has the 4:10 gears, I find that they are not bad. 70 mph produces rpms of around 2200. I'm happy I did not go with the 3:55s.

The driver's position in reference to the radio and climate controls also seems much more ergonomic than the 11 - 16 models.

I'm also happy that the truck came with the Michelin tires vs. the all terrains that came with the Fx4 package in past years.
Congratulations!! You will get many years enjoyment out of this one. Nice new shop too!

Old 08-18-2016, 08:55 AM
troverman
Hotshot
Received 534 Likes on 258 Posts

Thanks for posting regarding the RPMs at speed. I ordered an F-350 dually as well, and it is 4.10's. I was on the fence on that one.

Nice truck. The Michelin's *are* AT tires, just not good ones. I wanted the black side wall like yours, but the dealer ordered the white letters.

Can you verify if the dually fender lamps and clearance lamps under the tailgate are LED?

Thanks

Old 08-18-2016, 09:05 AM
Rasalas
Cargo Master
I wanted the black side wall like yours, but the dealer ordered the white letters.
Thanks
Use some white sidewall cleaner and a soft brush. The cleaner dissolves the white rubber and after a few cleanings you should get down to the black rubber underneath unless they are using a lot more white rubber in the newer tires. Or find a good sharp curb and scrape along it for a while. LOL

Old 08-18-2016, 09:08 AM
Rutcutter
Fleet Mechanic
Received 24 Likes on 14 Posts
Congrats on the new truck! Very nice. I think yours is the 1st one I've seen with the manual 4wd option.

Old 08-18-2016, 09:08 AM
System
Prolocutor
Received 1,186 Likes on 570 Posts
Or have the dealer spin them on the rims since they screwed up heavily on your order T.

Old 08-18-2016, 09:17 AM
Rasalas
Cargo Master
Originally Posted by Karl4Cat
Or have the dealer spin them on the rims since they screwed up heavily on your order T.
Probably the best solution but I don't know if I would trust the dealer to get the job done without messing up something else at this point.

Old 08-18-2016, 09:29 AM
troverman
Hotshot
Received 534 Likes on 258 Posts
Originally Posted by Karl4Cat
Good point. In fairness, they are helping me a bit by giving me more for my trade and throwing in some rubber mats that were supposed to be ordered. I'm guessing there will be a free oil change as well. We've come to a deal this morning, actually, on my 2016. I'll be handing that over to the dealer tomorrow night...truck-less for 2 or 3 weeks.

Old 08-18-2016, 09:32 AM
PwerStroke99
Cargo Master
Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts
Or have a Tire Shop flip the tires.

Old 08-18-2016, 10:03 AM
Blk04Snake
Senior User
Great looking truck! Can't wait to see everyone elses' when they come in.

Old 08-18-2016, 10:06 AM
archer3
Senior User
Originally Posted by Rutcutter
Congrats on the new truck! Very nice. I think yours is the 1st one I've seen with the manual 4wd option.
I just came from my dealer's and thank goodness the ESOF is not optional on the 2017 F250 XLT in Canada or i would have been pissed at myself for not ordering it for reasons posted by others earlier.

"truck-less for 2 or 3 weeks."
So it's yours but the dealer can't sell it yet???

Old 08-18-2016, 10:12 AM
Spamfritter
Senior User
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I've got to disagree on the climate and radio controls. After having a 2015 F-150 Lariat for over a year, I find the 2013-2016 Super Duty to be superior in that regard. Not only do the ***** feel higher quality in the 2016 model, but they are better positioned for me. I also like the higher position of the navigation system. As for the tires, my 2016 came with 275/65R20E Toyo AT II's. That's probably what I would have chosen if I had purchased the tires on my own. I've had great luck with Toyo's. I don't know about the Michelins, but they seem to be hit and miss depending on who you ask.

Great looking truck though!

Old 08-18-2016, 10:19 AM
J.A.B
New User
Thanks for posting regarding the RPMs at speed. I ordered an F-350 dually as well, and it is 4.10's. I was on the fence on that one.

Nice truck. The Michelin's *are* AT tires, just not good ones. I wanted the black side wall like yours, but the dealer ordered the white letters.

Can you verify if the dually fender lamps and clearance lamps under the tailgate are LED?

Thanks
If I were doing a lot of highway driving I may not like the gearing as much but I do plan to go up to at least 265's after the factory set is done, that might lower the rpm's just a bit.

I'll check on the lights and let you know

Quick Reply: Truck Delivered