2017+ Super Duty The 2017+ Ford F250, F350, F450 and F550 Super Duty Pickup and Chassis Cab

Sync 3 / Sync Connect

Search this Thread

Old 08-12-2016, 07:11 AM
NStorm
Posting Guru
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Sync 3 / Sync Connect

Here's a fun one.

https://owner.ford.com/how-tos/sync-...c-connect.html

It let me select the F-350....maybe an Easter egg??

Old 08-12-2016, 07:42 AM
Fieldtester
Junior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Sounds cool, but I just went to download the Ford Pass app and there are a lot of bad reviews saying it does not work. Can't start/stop the vehicle, can't see fuel level like its says, etc. Hopefully Ford gets it worked out!!

Old 08-12-2016, 07:51 AM
fidel.medrano
Senior User
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Ive been hoping the super duty comes with sync connect. Haven't heard any confirmation yet though. We use the lincoln version and it works pretty well. Unlocked the car multiple times remotely and then locking again with confirmation. Remote start was pretty cool as well, not being limited by the normal FOB transmitter range.

lol plugged in my VIN though and it came up with my truck, even a cool little picture of it. That enough to hold me for a few more days :P

Old 08-12-2016, 04:02 PM
NStorm
Posting Guru
Originally Posted by fidel.medrano
Ive been hoping the super duty comes with sync connect. Haven't heard any confirmation yet though. We use the lincoln version and it works pretty well. Unlocked the car multiple times remotely and then locking again with confirmation. Remote start was pretty cool as well, not being limited by the normal FOB transmitter range.

lol plugged in my VIN though and it came up with my truck, even a cool little picture of it. That enough to hold me for a few more days :P
Says we need a 4G modem...is the Sirius modem 4G? I know there is a modem associated with the ESN.

Where'd you plug your VIN in? The Sync Connect app?? That would be PROGRESS.

Old 08-12-2016, 06:39 PM
fidel.medrano
Senior User
There was an add vehicle button. Clicked it and away I went. Nothing special though. Just like logging into the ford owner site.

Old 08-12-2016, 07:04 PM
NStorm
Posting Guru
Originally Posted by fidel.medrano
There was an add vehicle button. Clicked it and away I went. Nothing special though. Just like logging into the ford owner site.
Time will tell I suppose.

Old 08-31-2016, 09:34 AM
screwy
Cargo Master
Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts
Has anyone been able to confirm if they do have Sync Connect? There is a lot of conflicting information out there surrounding this.

Old 08-31-2016, 11:12 AM
SwensonBarrettBunch
Mountain Pass
Received 52 Likes on 30 Posts
I have talked with 2 Ford SYNC reps. Both say that the Super Duty does not have the modem and will not have it. We can watch the how to videos because it is grouped in with the F150's. The rep said that it would be corrected soon. I was really looking forward to the Connect system.

Old 08-31-2016, 11:16 AM
Frantz
Postmaster
Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
I had my first customer use the Ford Pass on a '17 Fusion he ordered last night. Seemed to function just fine: lock, unlock, remote start, fuel levels.

Old 08-31-2016, 11:41 AM
screwy
Cargo Master
Originally Posted by SwensonBarrettBunch
I have talked with 2 Ford SYNC reps. Both say that the Super Duty does not have the modem and will not have it. We can watch the how to videos because it is grouped in with the F150's. The rep said that it would be corrected soon. I was really looking forward to the Connect system.
As was I. Sad.

Old 08-31-2016, 11:51 AM
Rasty1
Elder User
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Originally Posted by SwensonBarrettBunch
I wonder what "soon" really means

Old 08-31-2016, 02:23 PM
BGWN
Junior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Pardon my ignorance on the connect system, but when/if it finally gets functional, and it allows for remote start from miles? away, might it also allow for notification and remote shut-off? That would be really handy in the event of a theft.

Old 08-31-2016, 02:45 PM
screwy
Cargo Master
Originally Posted by BGWN
Pardon my ignorance on the connect system, but when/if it finally gets functional, and it allows for remote start from miles? away, might it also allow for notification and remote shut-off? That would be really handy in the event of a theft.
You wont see remote shutoff capability, too many liability concerns there... You shut the truck off, thief looses power steering, brakes, etc.... Crashes, blames you, blames Ford... Wins big money. You might see a notification feature, likely in the form of geofencing.

Old 08-31-2016, 10:21 PM
Xwild
Elder User
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
So no Sync Connect, but I think we can still get the Remote Assistance module, which basically does the same thing.. cell access to the truck.

Old 09-05-2016, 09:38 AM
Force74
Senior User
Here's something I found in the ford Accessories. Doesn't say much about how it does it, but something can be purchased that allows your phone to start you vehicle.

https://accessories.ford.com/aerial-asy-10667.html

Quick Reply: Sync 3 / Sync Connect