1999 to 2016 Super Duty 1999 to 2016 Ford F250, F350, F450 and F550 Super Duty with diesel V8 and gas V8 and V10 engines
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Okay what's it worth ????????

Search this Thread

Old 08-02-2016, 07:27 PM
SLDNX
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Okay what's it worth ????????

Looking at upgrading and I have a 2002 SD that I purchased brand new. It's been a great truck and quite frankly its like brand new!!!

24,000 highway miles and pampered since new!!!
Complete maintenance records since new and stored in a heated garage!
V10 with a Diablo chip.
The outside is flawless and it's going to be the nicest 02 you'll probably find!
My buddies give me crap and claim the inside still smells new!!
It's got the dark grey interior with the dual power captain chairs and console.
Pro Comp shocks all around with a 2.5" level lift and 2" lift in the back.
Custom wheels with BF Goodrich tires.
Stainless nerf bars, box rails.
Grizzly center push guard with LED light bar.
Bed mat and tonneau cover.
Chrome rocker panels
Smoke bug shield
Tinted windows and vent shades

So, like it says what do you guys think it's worth ?????

Here's some quick pics and I can get better ones if anyone is interested.

Attached Images     
Old 08-02-2016, 07:39 PM
cyncwby
Elder User
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Gorgeous truck, the V-10 will most likely stop a few buyers in their tracks, most guy's looking at those years want the 7.3 but you might find a V-10 guy ..... and as we all know, a truck is worth only what someone is willing to pay. I just sold my '02 F250, 7.3 PSD, really good shape with 140K on the clock for $15k. With that low miles and the sshape it's in ask $25-30K for it and see what happens. Good luck with your sale.

Old 08-02-2016, 07:43 PM
I.B. Washincars
Laughing Gas
Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts
Wow, that's a tough call. It's definitely a nice truck...but. If I were looking far an A-1 low mileage truck, I would most likely want it to be stock. The lift, chip, and the aftermarket shocks staring me in the face would be a turn-off and I would probably pass on it. That being said, I'm 58 years old and your mods don't do anything for me. A 28 year old may fall in love and give you whatever you want.

The answer to your question, well I really don't have one, I'm just rambling a bit.

Old 08-02-2016, 07:53 PM
SLDNX
Senior User
Originally Posted by I.B. Washincars
Wow, that's a tough call. It's definitely a nice truck...but. If I were looking far an A-1 low mileage truck, I would most likely want it to be stock. The lift, chip, and the aftermarket shocks staring me in the face would be a turn-off and I would probably pass on it. That being said, I'm 58 years old and your mods don't do anything for me. A 28 year old may fall in love and give you whatever you want.

The answer to your question, well I really don't have one, I'm just rambling a bit.
I should clarify on a couple of those things......

The lift is very mild, it actually sits more like a F350 of its day. The front is basically a level lift with new front leaf springs. Once the front was in, I didn't care for the look, so we threw the 2" lift in the rear and presto, great stance!! As far as shocks, their just Pro Comp shocks which were better then stock and the ride is really nice.

The chip is a Diablo sport chip with little HP and Torque increase but more importantly, the shift points were modified and makes for a nice overall increase in performance over stock. This is completely reversible by removing the chip.

I have basically used the truck for heading out on sled trips when its my turn to drive. Pretty much every mile is highway miles and it works great, just looking to upgrade to something newer.......even thought its not needed. ha ha.

Old 08-02-2016, 08:00 PM
SLDNX
Senior User
On a side note, I did show pictures to one dealership and inquire what they would give me, just out of curiosity and .........with pics only, sight unseen they would go 15K. They said, they could sell the truck within a day or two and wanted it.

I just really need to decide on what to do. I actually posted up another thread talking about going with a 16 or waiting a little while for the 17??????

I am leaning towards another gas but going with the 4:30 gears. Just don't think I can justify the added expense of the 6.7???? Don't get me wrong their nice and I've driven several of them but.......I don't think I can justify it for my use. We head west several times a year, but I don't drive every time, just when it's my turn, so I'm thinking the 6.2 with an aluminum enclosed behind it, should work just fine.

Old 08-02-2016, 11:28 PM
Sam I Am
Posting Guru
KBB here says $14,428
NADA $13,700
Which is likely not too far off wherever you are. You can bet the dealership that gave you the quote knows the exact value they will offer it for sale and they wouldn't have made an offer unless they were going to make money on it.

It may sound odd but mileage that low can work against value. We have all heard of the "collectible" cars stored away new and even in climate controlled storage seals & gaskets can dry out, etc.
And the custom touches, specifically the wheels, chrome rockers, and bed rails are a style choice that do not add actual value at sale time to most buyers.

In my opinion it is worth much more to keep than to sell. Good luck with your sale or whatever you end up doing with it.

Old 08-03-2016, 06:58 AM
SLDNX
Senior User
Yeah, I've looked at KBB and NADA but even the dealership tells me, it's tough to go by those numbers because of what it is, condition and the ability to find another one like this. It truly is like new!!!

I did get one price back from a dealer on a new 17 and as suspected they are barely coming off sticker. Just over 2K off sticker......Which I knew would probably happen. I'll continue to look around and get some more prices but I think until the 17's are sitting on the lot and 16's are gonzo, this is probably the norm.

I'm thinking about shopping and waiting a little longer to see how much more these 16"s can drop. If a guy can find a killer deal, I'll jump on one of those and if not, that should help a little with the 17 price too, one would think?????

After all, it's not like I "need" a new truck.......

I do appreciate all the thoughts and of course keep them coming !

Thanks guys!

Old 08-03-2016, 07:05 AM
BirchyBoy
Senior User
Received 40 Likes on 28 Posts
Keep in mind that you are emotionally invested in the truck and know how it has been treated. The average person, though, will see a 15 year old truck that is very clean. The market value is probably in the $14k to $16k range with dealers being able to sell it for slightly more than you would.

Good luck with selling it!

Old 08-03-2016, 07:16 AM
SLDNX
Senior User
Originally Posted by BirchyBoy
Keep in mind that you are emotionally invested in the truck and know how it has been treated. The average person, though, will see a 15 year old truck that is very clean. The market value is probably in the $14k to $16k range with dealers being able to sell it for slightly more than you would.

Good luck with selling it!
True, but I do have it sold for more then 16K to a buddy that knows the truck too, which helps, but in the long run........does it pay to sell it or just keep the damn thing and run it!!

I think I'm at a crossroads with that very question, sell it soon, while its still worth something or keep it and drive the wheels off it.

Old 08-03-2016, 07:25 AM
Desert Don
Lead Driver
Received 4,615 Likes on 1,641 Posts
Originally Posted by SLDNX
True, but I do have it sold for more then 16K to a buddy that knows the truck too, which helps, but in the long run........does it pay to sell it or just keep the damn thing and run it!!

I think I'm at a crossroads with that very question, sell it soon, while its still worth something or keep it and drive the wheels off it.
At the rate you are going, the odds are long that you will not live long enough to drive the wheels off of this rig!!!😎😎😎!!
But, only you know your financial condition, and only you know your "wants"!
You definately do not "need" a new truck. Good luck in whatever you decide!

Old 08-03-2016, 07:41 AM
I.B. Washincars
Laughing Gas
I know you don't "need" a new truck, but the fact that you are here asking advice already shows that you have decided you "want" one. There's nothing wrong with that, we've all been there before.

I just sold my 2008 5.4 with 175K. The truck looked nice, but had a few things wrong, that I disclosed, and the bed floor was beat all to he!! from me hauling drums of soap. I priced it at 11,500 and sold it in less than a day for 10K. My house is on a main highway and it was like Grand Central Station out there. I even had three people call me after I pulled it behind the house.

What I'm trying to say is this. My truck wouldn't make a pimple on your trucks butt and I had people standing in line to buy it. I would put a price of about 20K on it and not budge much.

Old 08-03-2016, 07:48 AM
Coachhick
Senior User
If it was a 7.3, it would already be gone. Still, condition, I'd say between $15,000 and $20,000. As far as the wisest decision to make. Keep the truck. You are doing nothing but throwing money down the drain buying a new one when this is what's sitting in your garage.

If you want an AC plug in the dash.....a usb charging port.....a screen and backup cam....bluetooth radio....louder speakers....power sliding back glass.....or anything that is basically standard on a 2017, then take that $800 a month you were going to pay on it, and have it installed in your brand new 02...you could put $10,000 into it and have all the amenities of a new truck....and you'll still be way ahead

Old 08-03-2016, 08:10 AM
Frantz
Postmaster
Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
I would skip on the 4.30 gears myself. I know they are popular in this forum, but going from the old 4 speed to the new 6 speed (and even better 6 speed if you hold out for the '17 250,) you'll probably be fine. There is a reason they aren't sitting around on lots IMO (and not because they are sold out). The 6.2 does like to rev, and isn't a race truck which is why some guys like the 4.30s, but having driven the '17 myself, I think the street drivability of the 250s is awesome for next year.

Beautiful truck though. When you described the mods I was more worried, you did everything pretty tastefully. The only challenge the dealership will have is the age. Some younger guy who would love to own that truck, and would be able to keep it another 10-15 years, may have trouble getting approved because it's an old 4x4, and banks seem to hate those. Someone will buy it. If they are offering you a good deal on the new truck AND going over both NADA and KBB, I think you've got a nice deal in the works. Keep in mind many states allow the trade value to come off prior to taxes. Here in Pa, it's 6%, so that means you're saving $900 in taxes. That's nearly a grand you won't get in a private sale, with less hassle.

Old 08-03-2016, 08:13 AM
BirchyBoy
Senior User
Received 40 Likes on 28 Posts
I think your second post answers your question, you want something new. Sell to your friend and get what you want

Old 08-03-2016, 08:18 AM
speakerfritz
Hotshot
Received 982 Likes on 756 Posts
where are you located ?

that truck would look real good in my drive way

Quick Reply: Okay what's it worth ????????