2017+ Super Duty The 2017+ Ford F250, F350, F450 and F550 Super Duty Pickup and Chassis Cab

Platinum vs Lariat

Old 08-12-2016, 08:44 AM
troverman
Hotshot
Received 533 Likes on 257 Posts
Originally Posted by screwy
More than anything though, that center strip of leather down the back pushing into my back all the time drove me nuts. The seat themselves do look nicer though, the lariats are kind of bland, but more comfortable in my opinion.
^^^This. Our Lincoln has this "Bridge of Weir" leather with the same exact strip running down the center. The seat looks nice, but after a long drive, you pretty much feel like you're wearing a thong.

Coincidentally, the Lincoln also has the half-wood steering wheel. Looks terrific, but is definitely more slippery.

Old 08-12-2016, 08:58 AM
fordmantpw
Cargo Master
Received 423 Likes on 136 Posts
I prefer an all leather wheel over the half-wood wheel in our Flex.

Old 08-12-2016, 09:33 AM
AZFordLover
Tuned
Received 73 Likes on 39 Posts
Originally Posted by troverman
^^^This. Our Lincoln has this "Bridge of Weir" leather with the same exact strip running down the center. The seat looks nice, but after a long drive, you pretty much feel like you're wearing a thong.

Coincidentally, the Lincoln also has the half-wood steering wheel. Looks terrific, but is definitely more slippery.
LOL @ "...but after a long drive, you pretty much feel like you're wearing a thong."

My curiosity is killing me - how do you know this?

Old 08-12-2016, 09:42 AM
troverman
Hotshot
Originally Posted by AZFordLover
LOL @ "...but after a long drive, you pretty much feel like you're wearing a thong."

My curiosity is killing me - how do you know this?

Haha - I can only imagine. Not something I've ever tried, lol.

Old 08-12-2016, 11:05 AM
HRTKD
Boondocker
Received 6,619 Likes on 2,728 Posts
Originally Posted by troverman
The seat looks nice, but after a long drive, you pretty much feel like you're wearing a thong.
Fortunately I had finished breakfast already when I read this. troverman in a thong. Eww!!

Old 08-12-2016, 04:09 PM
NStorm
Posting Guru
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by 2009kr
I know it's subjective, but I'm really glad the 1/2 wood wheel is gone. I thought it looked nice, but hard slick wood never felt as nice as soft leather. The transition felt even worse to me.
For me it was function...backing up a gooseneck in any manner of crazy angled position...the slick top helps spin on my palm. I'm sure the leather will be fine. I will say the wood is COLD in sub freezing...before the wheel heater kicks in

Enter adaptive steering...hopefully spinning the wheel.......less?

Old 08-12-2016, 04:45 PM
Xwild
Elder User
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by NStorm
For me it was function...backing up a gooseneck in any manner of crazy angled position...the slick top helps spin on my palm. I'm sure the leather will be fine. I will say the wood is COLD in sub freezing...before the wheel heater kicks in

Enter adaptive steering...hopefully spinning the wheel.......less?
Tractor Supply - spinner **** for a tractor...

Old 08-13-2016, 09:23 AM
try2paz
Freshman User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Well I've settled for the platinum, they are starting to arrive at my local dealers. I've got two places with inbound platinum white trucks coming which is what I want. I'm not overly enthusiastic about the price but a loaded lariat is essentially the same price without the leather or pop out running boards. I've had the pop out running boards on my last three trucks and I've gotten spoiled hopefully within the next week or two I'll locate one. I don't have 12 weeks to wait for an order!

Old 08-13-2016, 09:34 AM
NStorm
Posting Guru
Originally Posted by try2paz
Well I've settled for the platinum, they are starting to arrive at my local dealers. I've got two places with inbound platinum white trucks coming which is what I want. I'm not overly enthusiastic about the price but a loaded lariat is essentially the same price without the leather or pop out running boards. I've had the pop out running boards on my last three trucks and I've gotten spoiled hopefully within the next week or two I'll locate one. I don't have 12 weeks to wait for an order!
What part of the country are you in?

Good luck!

Old 08-13-2016, 09:57 AM
try2paz
Freshman User
Originally Posted by HRTKD
Fortunately I had finished breakfast already when I read this. troverman in a thong. Eww!!

Originally Posted by NStorm
What part of the country are you in?

Good luck!
I'm in the Bay Area, thank god I've got x plan most of these dealers are crooks! I tried finding a gt350 local and best I could find was 10k over msrp. I ended up building an old 66 fastback instead

Old 08-13-2016, 11:25 AM
NStorm
Posting Guru
I'm in the Bay Area, thank god I've got x plan most of these dealers are crooks! I tried finding a gt350 local and best I could find was 10k over msrp. I ended up building an old 66 fastback instead
Cool, lots of friends in your neck of the woods. I'm starting to see window stickers around here...no physical trucks yet...might need to go for a spin this afternoon. The cars are definitely hot...Raptors too, $15k over MSRP is what I'm hearing...unreal. Good call on the fastback...awesome ride.

Old 08-13-2016, 04:55 PM
try2paz
Freshman User
Does anyone have a way to lookup the status of a truck by vin?

VIN1FT7W2BT2HEB17691

that vin is supposed to hit a local lot and the exact truck i want to buy. the internet sales manager speaks very little English and keeps sending me 2016 trucks....

Old 08-13-2016, 06:25 PM
Rutcutter
Fleet Mechanic
Received 24 Likes on 14 Posts
Does anyone have a way to lookup the status of a truck by vin?

VIN1FT7W2BT2HEB17691

that vin is supposed to hit a local lot and the exact truck i want to buy. the internet sales manager speaks very little English and keeps sending me 2016 trucks....

Yes go to the Ford page and go to the build and price page select your build and then click on the chat and give them the Vin #...

Old 08-14-2016, 03:14 AM
Marching Ant
Senior User
Interesting wrinkle concerning heated steering wheel availability for Lariat. I, among others, have previously stated in this thread that heated steering wheel is part of the Lariat Ulitmate Package. This was based on the info/details of the ultimate package on the build and price website (still is). However, if you choose to use the comparison function of the Ford website to
compare Lariat vs KR, then look at the interior options, you'll see that the heated steering wheel is not available on the Lariat. One of the two is wrong.

Old 08-14-2016, 04:24 AM
troverman
Hotshot
Originally Posted by Marching Ant
Interesting wrinkle concerning heated steering wheel availability for Lariat. I, among others, have previously stated in this thread that heated steering wheel is part of the Lariat Ulitmate Package. This was based on the info/details of the ultimate package on the build and price website (still is). However, if you choose to use the comparison function of the Ford website to
compare Lariat vs KR, then look at the interior options, you'll see that the heated steering wheel is not available on the Lariat. One of the two is wrong.
Order guide states heated wheel is part of Lariat Ultimate package.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Platinum vs Lariat