Missouri Chapter Join Chapter , Leader:77&79F250

It August boy's n girls

Search this Thread

Old 08-26-2016, 08:21 AM
ubereal2
Post Fiend
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Good morning everybody back home
That's nice R.C. But I'm not wired that way, I'll be right there with the yelling and if they want to take it further, I can be that guy too.
Glad y'all made it through the storms alright, yeah I keep a watchful eye back home.
I'm heading out of the house in the next 45 minutes or so to go get some guitar time/therapy in this morning.
I've had a idea for the coyote engine that was in my 2011, but never could get it finished. Well, I found a local shop and that would work with me, and I had 50 of these made. And the first set look great on the 2013, if I do say so myself.
Now to see if I get sued for using a cartoon character.
I need to clean up better from the Flex Fuel emblem that was on the tailgate. It doesn't look that bad with my eyes, but the camera sure liked it.

Unk Bob

Attached Images    
Old 08-26-2016, 08:31 AM
whiskey runner
Lead Driver
Received 190 Likes on 174 Posts
yea bob ..i used to get mad and upset when i felt 'dumped on'... but i have found that it usually did no good and most times made things worse.. so from now on i am going to take care of me and my mental health first and blow off the small things....

now when it comes to my wallet i will still "speak softly and carry a big stick".. ha ha ha ha ha

cool stickers..

Old 08-26-2016, 08:55 AM
cyclopsblown34
Lead Driver
Received 36 Likes on 36 Posts
Howdy all. RC, good read, sorry you had to deal with such a tool. I've quit waiting on people who don't have green folding stuff and a firm appointment, I'm impatient as all get and would much rather be working on my projects, unfortunately I've got other obligations from running my shop so my son had a paycheck, now he's looking for a job and I'm trying to whittle down to my stuff. Plenty of work with deposits, hopefully I don't pull an Alan and near to work myself to death getting this stuff done.

Old 08-26-2016, 10:57 AM
Grems4ever
Lead Driver
Received 153 Likes on 122 Posts
Morning folks. The storms stayed north of us and all we got out of it was some thunder and a pretty impressive light show.

Welcome to the forums Scott. I'm in and out a lot depending on how nutty my work week has been. This is my favorite online place to hang out in so I try to check in when I can.

Old 08-26-2016, 05:13 PM
earthquake68
Hotshot
Received 256 Likes on 193 Posts
Evening Everybody!

Rich. ....I'm honored my credit is so good with you, but keep your kidneys. So far, mine are still working half @ $$ed ok.

RC. My response to those people is usually in a calm tone, "You do what you think you have to do, ...and then I'll react to it." It gets the point across rather clearly for being such a vague statement.

Scott. Welcome aboard. I'm sure we'll meet eventually. .....I'm the monster truck guy in the room.

Speaking of which.... We had an "oh s#!t" situation in the shop today. While spraying the bedliner in High Roller, we used stuff that is SUPER sensitive to moisture in the air supply. It looks like someone spilled a vanilla milkshake in the bed. Of course we panicked. We're having stuff overnighted that's a little forgiving to moisture and hopefully will have it done by lunch tomorrow. ...that's the plan anyway. The guy at the store said it was pricey. I told him he didn't understand what was happening right now. The truck HAS to be done in 10 days and it doesn't matter if something is going to run a little high. Hopefully, I'll be able to make the truck move under it's own power for the reveal at the Indy Jamboree. LOTS of people are counting on seeing it then. ...nothing like a little pressure to let you know you're still alive.

Old 08-26-2016, 05:15 PM
whiskey runner
Lead Driver
good afternoon all.. i hear the sky rumbling out there..... i got the shop cleaned up some, after making a big mess getting out those diesel engines yesterday.. i now have 3 empty engine dollys i need to get filled.. ha ha ha ha .. then i got the 48 ford bed off the frame and loaded onto a trailer behind the flat bump.. i cant wait to head north sunday and visit with rich and penny.. should be a easy day for a change..

sounds like a rough day for ya alan.. i hope the 'new' stuff works better.. i may drop by tomorrow because i dont wanna spend the day cleaning my shop again tomorrow..would much rather sluff off and play...

Old 08-26-2016, 05:45 PM
earthquake68
Hotshot
Received 256 Likes on 193 Posts
Hey RC. If you swing by, can you bring an engine stand? I hope to yank the engine out of HR tomorrow and I don't have an extra one right now.

Old 08-26-2016, 07:09 PM
whiskey runner
Lead Driver
ok alan i will go by the shop and get one out.. will let you know when i can make it

Old 08-26-2016, 07:53 PM
Grems4ever
Lead Driver
Received 153 Likes on 122 Posts
Evening all. Just a typical Friday for me - ran Mom & Dad around for dr. appointments and grocery shopping.

Today's National Dog Day! The only thing more loyal and dependable than a good dog is a Ford truck.

Old 08-26-2016, 10:17 PM
whiskey runner
Lead Driver
nice pics dave....

Old 08-27-2016, 04:33 AM
whiskey runner
Lead Driver
good morning missouri.. just waiting on daylight before i head to the shop.. plan on a easy day today, first i need to see if i have a empty engine stand, gather up a few of ole rips parts, then take a leisurely drive toward sparta.....
i hope maybe jeff is around so i can pick up my 31-10.50 tires for the black bronco.

Old 08-27-2016, 06:24 AM
whiskey runner
Lead Driver
it is light enough to see so i am off to the shop.. ya'll have a good day

Old 08-27-2016, 09:58 AM
77&79F250
Moderator & parts seller
Received 3,286 Likes on 2,442 Posts
Morning folks, RC are you still planning on meeting that guy for the truck bed sale/swap at my place? Any idea on a time line for you?

Old 08-27-2016, 06:42 PM
whiskey runner
Lead Driver
good evening all.
i had a easy day.. stopped by and bothered jeff for a little while then headed over to bother alan since i was in the neighborhood.....

tomorrow i will be heading north again all the way to rich's.. then probably back to jeffs to see if i can give him a hand moving a truck frame.. would like to haul a truck back from alans also.. but that will depend on timing..

Old 08-27-2016, 11:51 PM
BORDERBUM
Logistics Pro
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Yes, you were literally in the neighborhood lol! Always good to see you RC! Ever remember what part you needed from me?? Lol
Sounds good for tomorrow RC. I cleared out more space for the frame. Tomorrow before you get here I hope to have the rear end rolled out for it.

Quick Reply: It August boy's n girls