Large Truck My truck is bigger than yours. The forum for 2+ ton trucks (all years), COE's, Louisville's, Big-Job's etc.

ID transmission, and maybe decode p-pump tag

Search this Thread

Old 07-28-2016, 02:09 PM
mustang_gt_350
Laughing Gas
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
ID transmission, and maybe decode p-pump tag

I picked up a dt466 and trans from a State plow truck today. He said he had no idea on what the transmission was because he wasn't fimailiar with them and he couldn't find a tag on it. He also said the motor was locked up. Anyway, after the drive home on the trailer in the rain it washed some of the grime off of the trans and i see now on the underside it has ROADRANGER casted into it. He told me he beleieved it was a 9 speed but wasn't sure. Anyone know how to ID it for sure? It does have a split lever on the shifter.

I also have a pic of the bosch plate on the pump if anyone can decode this for me i would appreciate it.

I know its not a ford, but i have no where else to ask, and i figured maybe somone who has been around this stuff for a while will be able to ID it for me. I counted the shift pattern but i got a even #, but i don't remember what it was because i instantly thought it was a 9 speed so it should be even?

He also said it was locked up, but after a few bumps with the starter i got it to spin over. I will try to start it later this week probably.

upload img
host image online