Extremely unhappy Montana owner right now!

Search this Thread

Old 02-13-2017, 07:04 PM
bigredtruckmi
Lead Driver
Received 218 Likes on 50 Posts
Wonder how many lost sales!

Old 02-13-2017, 07:48 PM
golfmedik
Lead Driver
Received 83 Likes on 16 Posts
Originally Posted by senix
I'd let Montana know the power of social media if I were you.
I am going to when I talked to them again. I did mention it when we were scheduling the return back in November. I told her that all of the data I had collected on the AC units was online in a thread. She then asked me where it was and I told her the Montana forum. At that time, there was not nearly as many as now.

Originally Posted by bigredtruckmi
Wonder how many lost sales!
Personally, I know of two. My boss and a friend that camps with us both bought other brands even though they had both wanted a Montana. Also friends on here like Doug, have said that they now have no intention of ever looking at Montana. As for how many others it has influenced, I have no idea. I did it initially to see if others had had any problems such as this, but then it took on a different approach as they continued to keep their "hands off" approach even as the dealer asked for help. When it then took from July until November to get them to call me, I let it all out. As you know, we would have no idea, but I'm confident that it has had an effect somewhere.

Old 02-14-2017, 11:18 AM
Chuck's First Ford
Postmaster
Received 15 Likes on 15 Posts
Thank You Mr. Golfmedik,

I have read yours and others post in this thread...

I have been looking at Montana.... and the number of units here in South Texas. for Winter Texans...

Montana just fell from the top of my short list
I did contact the company .. about missing information in there hand-outs.... so they know I was looking.
as 2 dealers contacted me for a sale.

shame, Wife and I love the Montana model 380TH.
so YES, Montana lost another sale.
. I do hope they make it right.. but 6 months can never be made up.

Old 02-14-2017, 12:15 PM
senix
Super Moderator
Received 1,415 Likes on 1,010 Posts
The whole thing of making it right is a timely thing.

when my 2011 was having big time issues, they ponied up pretty darn quickly. KZ RV VP called me within hours of my email to the website of theirs.

We began a dialogue over a weekend no less. First up was an immediate extension of warranty with a plan to replace the unit.

That was how it should have been conducted.

Old 02-14-2017, 03:41 PM
BBslider001
Hotshot
Received 376 Likes on 268 Posts
Lost another sale here as well...and I used to really like them.

Old 02-14-2017, 07:46 PM
Sailor Roy
FTE Chapter Leader

Received 3,991 Likes on 1,598 Posts
Originally Posted by BBslider001
I have a Raptor for sale.........

Old 02-16-2017, 07:51 PM
WolfFox
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by senix
The whole thing of making it right is a timely thing.

when my 2011 was having big time issues, they ponied up pretty darn quickly. KZ RV VP called me within hours of my email to the website of theirs.

We began a dialogue over a weekend no less. First up was an immediate extension of warranty with a plan to replace the unit.

That was how it should have been conducted.
I totally agree!

Customer care, customer support, quality workmanship, quality control, treatment of the customer and how the manufacture takes care of the customer when problems do arise was the major decision for us when purchasing our RV.

All you have to do is Google, "Brand Name", "Reviews" to see how customers are being treated and which manufactures are having the most problems with their units. I've read and heard from owners the horror stories that many owners have gone through.

Most of these problems should never have happened and could have been easily avoided, if only the manufactures had just put some quality control measures in place. When I read of owners with long list of issues that need to be fixed when they’ve only had the RV for a couple of month than, it's obvious there's no quality control going on at these plants.

I've read of sinks and tanks falling out, pluming leaks, waste values being installed upside down, cabinet doors falling off, major roof leaks, structure issues, wall delamination, terrible trim work etc., basically just **** poor workmanship in general.

Now, you can't really hold the RV manufacture at fault for parts they install and they fail, like refrigerators, AC's, TV's, inverters, converters, etc., unless they are knowingly installing crappy components to begin with or there installed wrong. But there is no excuse, when an owner brings their unit back to the dealer and it takes 3 months for the warranty work or the owner can't use their RV, because the dealer is waiting for the parts for the RV manufacture or what Monty is going through. I won't say most, but a lot of the large RV, Manufactures/Corporations seem to not care what they’re selling or much about the customer either.

Dealers are in a pinch, if they don't carry and sell these manufactures RV's, than their competitors will. The best they can do is hope that they don't get to many problem RV's and they get the blame.

Before potential customers purchase a RV they need to do their homework, by researching (like some on here are doing), owners need start putting the word out one the problems they are having (like Monty is doing), if this would happen than these RV manufactures won’t be able to continue to get away with selling shoddy products. Unfortunately, a lot of people will just go and look without knowing anything about RV's, and a salesman sells them a RV. Then they come on the forums looking for help. Some RV associations may be able to put some pressure on these manufactures, but from what I've seen over the last 12 years of researching, it doesn't look like they are having much influence.

IMHO, the solution all boils down to Quality parts, Quality Workmanship, Quality Control, and Customer Care. It shouldn't matter if the manufactures are building a $30,000 or a $130,000 5th wheel, or a $500,000 motor home, the customer deserves all four of these and the manufactures, should provide it. The problem today with a lot of RV manufactures is they are missing the mark on most of these Qualities. Fortunately, there are still some manufactures that these Qualities still matter and they strive to fulfill them.

Old 02-17-2017, 01:57 PM
jims94vmx
Tuned
Received 15 Likes on 6 Posts
Been following this thread for awhile. Crazy. We are currently looking at 5th wheels and can not believe the lack of caring from the factory to let this go on for so long. They are lucky the side didn't cause an accident and people getting hurt! I am also staying away from this brand! Have a 25 ft Sprinter Cooper Canyon for the last 11 years and minus a few little things has been fantastic. I would love a Silver Fox but none around me in the eastern part of pa. Will have to keep looking....RV show coming up towards Philly in a couple weeks.....

Jim H.

Old 02-17-2017, 02:27 PM
TxMav
Tuned
Received 27 Likes on 19 Posts
I'm another one following this thread. I'm entertaining the idea of a pre-owned TT or 5th wheel. I don't even consider Keystone products anymore.

Old 02-17-2017, 03:47 PM
BPofMD
FTE Legend

Received 1,097 Likes on 997 Posts
Originally Posted by jims94vmx
Been following this thread for awhile. Crazy. We are currently looking at 5th wheels and can not believe the lack of caring from the factory to let this go on for so long. They are lucky the side didn't cause an accident and people getting hurt! I am also staying away from this brand! Have a 25 ft Sprinter Cooper Canyon for the last 11 years and minus a few little things has been fantastic. I would love a Silver Fox but none around me in the eastern part of pa. Will have to keep looking....RV show coming up towards Philly in a couple weeks.....

Jim H.
You DO have a Northwood dealer in PA, but don't expect him to have any Northwood (Arctic Fox) products in stock! He only will have what people order. Kelly Mobile Homes & RV Sales - RV's

Old 02-17-2017, 05:00 PM
jims94vmx
Tuned
Originally Posted by BPofMD
You DO have a Northwood dealer in PA, but don't expect him to have any Northwood (Arctic Fox) products in stock! He only will have what people order. Kelly Mobile Homes & RV Sales - RV's

Thanks, did find him on the net yesterday....about 75 miles away but not having anything to look at in stock kinda makes it hard. Videos only show so much. Appreciate the reply.

Old 02-18-2017, 10:34 AM
BPofMD
FTE Legend

Received 1,097 Likes on 997 Posts
That dealer map also shows other dealers but nowhere near as close. I know a lot of Fox owners that have actually bought in a lot further states too... just to be able to have (arguably) one of the best built RV's in the states.

Old 02-21-2017, 04:13 PM
jims94vmx
Tuned
no updates

Originally Posted by BBslider001
Have not heard from op?

Old 02-21-2017, 04:52 PM
golfmedik
Lead Driver
Received 83 Likes on 16 Posts
No word on the camper yet. I emailed the transport coordinator last week when I hadn't heard from them and was told that the unit got to Goshen on Friday after hours and should be delivered to their factory later last Monday. However, I still haven't heard that they actually have the unit. The appointment time was supposed to have started last Friday and still have heard nothing. I emailed them early this morning and still awaiting a response.

Old 02-21-2017, 04:53 PM
bigredtruckmi
Lead Driver
Received 218 Likes on 50 Posts
woops he answered you

Quick Reply: Extremely unhappy Montana owner right now!