2017+ Super Duty The 2017+ Ford F250, F350, F450 and F550 Super Duty Pickup and Chassis Cab

Lots of new members here lately!

Old 07-22-2016, 07:23 AM
johndeerefarmer
Cargo Master
Received 73 Likes on 55 Posts
Lots of new members here lately!

Have you noticed all of the new members posting in this section lately? Makes me wonder if some are shills from Ford here drumming up business.

Has any mod checked to see if any of these new members have the same IP address?

Old 07-22-2016, 07:35 AM
fordmantpw
Cargo Master
Received 423 Likes on 136 Posts
Originally Posted by johndeerefarmer
Have you noticed all of the new members posting in this section lately? Makes me wonder if some are shills from Ford here drumming up business.

Has any mod checked to see if any of these new members have the same IP address?
This is the first all new Super Duty in 18 years and this is the most active forum for the new '17. I'd say it is new interest in the truck.

Old 07-22-2016, 09:14 AM
archerseven
Senior User
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by fordmantpw
This is the first all new Super Duty in 18 years and this is the most active forum for the new '17. I'd say it is new interest in the truck.
Yes. (I've never had a forum complain that a post was too short before...)

Old 07-22-2016, 09:32 AM
HouseMouse
Elder User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I find your comment about new members quite insulting. Please don't try to explain.... We know. Thank You anyway Oh Great Exalted one.

Old 07-22-2016, 10:37 AM
PwerStroke99
Cargo Master
Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts
Been a Member for many years on FTE. Im definitely about as active on this 2017 Forum as I used to be in the 7.3 forums, LOL

Old 07-22-2016, 11:12 AM
maps
Junior User
Johndeerefarmer... I think what you are seeing is some excitement from guys like myself and PwrStroke99 with the new 2017 coming out. I have been on here since 2009 (despite my post count) and have had a F250 PSD since early 2003 (one of the first 6.0L). I am trying to gather information to purchase a new truck over the next 6 months and hope to learn from those who will get the early build trucks.

Old 07-22-2016, 11:22 AM
System
Prolocutor
Received 1,183 Likes on 568 Posts
What I'm more curious about is what happened to heavy posting members that couldn't wait for the 17's that have recently disappeared. For example, George C. used to make me crazy on a daily basis and now he's a ghost. And, Big John (powerstroke72), a super mod for the site, has been strangely absent after heavy interest in the beginning.

Old 07-22-2016, 11:51 AM
johndeerefarmer
Cargo Master
Lets just say if I ran Ford, GM or any other company, I would have shills on all of the forums plugging my products for free.......
One particular thread got me to wondering as it appeared that one guy was responding with two different user names..

Old 07-22-2016, 12:05 PM
JD BuckSavage
Junior User
^------ Not a bot, just excited about my new truck

Old 07-22-2016, 12:25 PM
johndeerefarmer
Cargo Master
Originally Posted by JD BuckSavage
^------ Not a bot, just excited about my new truck
Just to be sure I need all new members name and bank acct number!

Welcome Aboard........

Old 07-22-2016, 01:00 PM
LCR
More Turbo
Received 24 Likes on 21 Posts
There are plenty of Ford employees on here because they want to be. Those in any sort of position won't say exactly what they do because they can, and will, get in trouble for some of the things they post, especially if they are known to be Ford employees.

There are also Ford corporate employees who are here to see what is being said in public. If you don't think there is someone looking to see what has leaked out and keeping an eye on people like Josh, well you're pretty damn naive.

None of this is new practice, there are plenty of shell companies from everyone buying up vehicles from competition to reverse engineer them. And as such, any "spike" in membership is harmless because Ram and GM have been members of this site since day 2.

Old 07-22-2016, 01:12 PM
DDT11
Mountain Pass
Or people like me who are getting ready for my golden years in a 5th wheel, making sure I don't plop $75k down on the wrong vehicle.

Old 07-22-2016, 01:19 PM
HouseMouse
Elder User
Originally Posted by DDT11
Or people like me who are getting ready for my golden years in a 5th wheel, making sure I don't plop $75k down on the wrong vehicle.
Hear-Hear, Me Too!!! Golden years(?), Accelerated life style.

Old 07-22-2016, 02:43 PM
johndeerefarmer
Cargo Master
Originally Posted by LCR
There are plenty of Ford employees on here because they want to be. Those in any sort of position won't say exactly what they do because they can, and will, get in trouble for some of the things they post, especially if they are known to be Ford employees.

There are also Ford corporate employees who are here to see what is being said in public. If you don't think there is someone looking to see what has leaked out and keeping an eye on people like Josh, well you're pretty damn naive.

None of this is new practice, there are plenty of shell companies from everyone buying up vehicles from competition to reverse engineer them. And as such, any "spike" in membership is harmless because Ram and GM have been members of this site since day 2.
Thank you Captain Obvious for your wonderful post. I am so glad that you explained it all to me with such detail. Could you not use such big words next time?

Old 07-22-2016, 04:36 PM
Blk04Snake
Senior User
I'll admit it, I'm new but not a shill or Ford employee or any of that. I was pretty active on a couple of the diesel forums when I had my 2010 6.4 but there seems to be little to no talk about the 2017s over there and it looks like this is the ONLY place that has any credible information and talk about the new trucks. My first Ford was a 2004 Mustang SVT Cobra which I still own, then 2 2010 Super Duty 6.4 diesels (totalled the first one at 7500 miles) then I traded the 2nd 2010 on a new 2015 F150 that while it's a great truck it just doesn't have the payload I need, or the get up and go power that I want (diesel) so that's why I'm going back to a Super Duty and while some of those here are upset that they are sharing cabs I'm happy about it because my F150 Super Crew has tons more room inside, especially the back seat, than my F350 Crew had.

Just stopped by my dealer again today and they promise me that my truck will be the next one ordered but that another one hasn't been "allocated" to them yet to order. Anyone here know what that means? I'm guessing a dealer just can't order how ever many they want to at this point?

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Lots of new members here lately!