LED fogs/LED "cube" lights on the front - Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums

Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Super Duty/Heavy Duty > Super Duty & Heavy Duty

Super Duty & Heavy Duty 1999 to current Ford F250, F350, F450 and F550 Super Duty with diesel V8 and gas V8 and V10 engines SPONSORED BY:

LED fogs/LED "cube" lights on the front

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 07-21-2016, 04:45 PM
Postmaster

ufvj217 is a splendid one to beholdufvj217 is a splendid one to beholdufvj217 is a splendid one to beholdufvj217 is a splendid one to beholdufvj217 is a splendid one to beholdufvj217 is a splendid one to beholdufvj217 is a splendid one to behold
LED fogs/LED "cube" lights on the front

those that have them, or any LED lights on the front for that matter, weather they can be used with oncoming traffic or not, did you go with spot lights or floods? or both? or a single one but the "combo" ones that i guess are both built into one? i'm curious what most like better, i think the spots because they project further. i have a set of each (not installed yet) but i want a couple more for the front bumper, i'm thinking of going with the spots though.
2001 Excursion Limited 4x4 6.8L V10
1987 Jeep Wrangler 4.2L 6cyl
Old 07-21-2016, 08:42 PM
Elder User

eberlestock is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.eberlestock is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
It depends on the lights. I have some lower power floods that don't blind anybody. Beings how they are actually in a fog light position buy some "fog" leds. They should be ok. I put high power spots on my wifes jeep in place of her stock fogs. I had to aim them right at the ground in front of the jeep or they would blind somebody. Still makes for some decent light though
Old 07-21-2016, 09:01 PM
Senior User

pirschwagon is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.pirschwagon is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
I have yet to find smaller LED's that are as luminous as Halogens for a reasonable price. While they have reduced in price. Just not enough for me to change mine out yet.
Old 07-21-2016, 11:47 PM
Senior User

JoeyCap has a good reputation on FTE.JoeyCap has a good reputation on FTE.
I replaced the bulbs in my fog lights with LEDs. Since they don't have that cutoff line like headlights do they can be blinding to to oncoming traffic.

But they are extremely bright and a great flood light even in the stock housing.
Old 07-22-2016, 09:55 AM
Postmaster

ufvj217 is a splendid one to beholdufvj217 is a splendid one to beholdufvj217 is a splendid one to beholdufvj217 is a splendid one to beholdufvj217 is a splendid one to beholdufvj217 is a splendid one to beholdufvj217 is a splendid one to behold
Im considering doing that too Joey. What bulbs did you go with? Pic?
Old 07-22-2016, 11:07 AM
Senior User

auburngrad is starting off with a positive reputation.
I personally split the difference. I have driving light. I knew I didn't want spots down low. I put bars in the grill.

Mine work great. Actually work in the fog and have enough distance to help at night on the really dark country roads. But wide enough to matter through turns.

I have Rigid D2
Old 07-22-2016, 11:22 AM
Shining Adonis

Firekite has a great reputation on FTE.Firekite has a great reputation on FTE.Firekite has a great reputation on FTE.Firekite has a great reputation on FTE.Firekite has a great reputation on FTE.
Yeah, I'm with auburngrad. I mounted an additional pair of driving lights and just used those when I need more light (in my case any time the high beams come on), and I left my stock halogen fogs alone. You could easily do the same with LED or HID or whatever else exists out there, of course. I just used PIAA "Xtra" bright halogens, and they are great. See http://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/14...2011-f250.html

Click the image to open in full size.
Old 07-22-2016, 12:37 PM
Senior User

JoeyCap has a good reputation on FTE.JoeyCap has a good reputation on FTE.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ufvj217 View Post
Im considering doing that too Joey. What bulbs did you go with? Pic?
I have these:
9145 LED Fog light Kit | 9145 LED Upgrade

I'll try to get some pictures tonight. They're more than bright enough to drive at night without the headlights. I don't do that, they're just that bright.
Old 07-22-2016, 10:33 PM
Senior User

DallasSuperCrew is starting off with a positive reputation.
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1
Old 07-31-2016, 12:57 AM
Senior User

thzpcs is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
I got a set of these, they work pretty well.
Old 07-31-2016, 06:49 PM
Senior User

JeepPuller is starting off with a positive reputation.
Quote:
Originally Posted by DallasSuperCrew View Post
Hey DallasSuperCrew,

Do I understand your link correctly in that you simply replace the fog light bulbs with the ones listed? They appear noticeably brighter. Are they a problem when driving at night? Meaning, do they blind oncoming traffic?
Old 08-07-2016, 12:49 AM
Postmaster

after i finish installing my new front bumper (bumper in these pics is my old one), i'm gonna mess around with mounting this bracket and see how i like it. not sure if i will or will not use it, but it's been sitting in my closet for years.

what do you guys think? it's a rally type light bar for my 04 Mini Cooper, but i'm never going to use it on there. i don't think it looks too bad on here, gotta see how it looks with the LED cube lights installed on it. i think if i can mount it somewhat stealthy looking, it may work out good.

also, the stock fogs are removed and won't be going back in, as i have a front hitch receiver i'm installing, and the particular one i have doesn't allow the fogs to be remounted in the bumper. if i end up using this, ill probably do all 4 spots, but also want to first see how the center 2 mounts look at night with spot cube LEDs, and the outside 2 mounts with flood cubes, slightly angled to either side. i think that combo may work nicely. will def keep you guys updated. been lazy lately, bumper just needs the brackets bolted to it adjusted slightly (just loosen the bolts, adjust then re-tighten) then bolt the hitch and bumper on and ill be done. then i can mess with positioning this light bar.

i want to do a light bar above the windshield also. those with them, flat vs curved...pros/cons? and i think those they have the flood/spot combos like i believe was stated earlier in this thread IIRC.

Old 08-07-2016, 03:00 AM
Shining Adonis

Firekite has a great reputation on FTE.Firekite has a great reputation on FTE.Firekite has a great reputation on FTE.Firekite has a great reputation on FTE.Firekite has a great reputation on FTE.
Be prepared to light up your hood.
Old 08-07-2016, 07:08 AM
New User

Doc Foster is starting off with a positive reputation.
Quote:
Originally Posted by thzpcs View Post
I got a set of these, they work pretty well.
How much brighter are they?
Are they too bright to use in traffic?
Old 08-07-2016, 10:04 PM
Senior User

DallasSuperCrew is starting off with a positive reputation.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JeepPuller View Post
Hey DallasSuperCrew,

Do I understand your link correctly in that you simply replace the fog light bulbs with the ones listed? They appear noticeably brighter. Are they a problem when driving at night? Meaning, do they blind oncoming traffic?
Yes Sir. They arrived in 3 days, and I put them in that evening. Haven't been flashed yet. Output is good. I love 6000K's and wanna get these with V-LED's to match the color:

SpyderŽ - Ford F-250 2011-2016 Chrome Halo Projector LED Headlights