Notices

Best truck Soap & Wax Debate!

Search this Thread

Old 07-17-2016, 09:53 AM
Coreycss2
Freshman User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Best truck Soap & Wax Debate!

Alright guys I figured why not have a debate on soap and wax! I know there are a ton of topics and reviews and rating but listening to them all you'll go crazy..

So what are your guys top picks?

My Reviews

So these are my top pics.

Soap - Barrett Jackson Automotive Wash and Wax

Wax -Meguiar's Ultimate Quik Detailer

Tire Shine - Armor All Extreme Tire Shine Spray

Wheel Cleaner - Armor All Quicksilver Wheel & Tire Cleaner

Here is a picture using those products.

Products I Disliked..

Meguiar's Gold Class Shampoo & Conditioner Car Wash
- I was a little surprised after reading all the good reviews that I didn't care for it so much. The shine wasn't to bad but wasn't crazy and you had to dry the truck super fast after or it would leave streaks all over.

Meguiar's Hot Shine Tire Coating Spray
- I really wasn't to happy with this. Not only was it more money then the Armor All Extreme Tire Shine Spray but it didn't last more than a few days.

There are some of my reviews so what are your guys?

Old 07-22-2016, 02:15 AM
karlduke
Senior User
I like using Megs products. My favorite is the Gold Class shampoo and Ultimate Wax.

Old 07-25-2016, 03:05 PM
Beechkid
Received 207 Likes on 159 Posts
IMHO....

Soap......No7 Car Wash Concentrate
Mfg by RainDance/ArmorAll Corp. It has been around for 40+ years, is a powder, very inexpensive and use about 1 tablespoon per 3 gallons. It also has anti-water spotting agents which until you try it the first time, you would not believe the advantage of drying a black car.

Wax....BAF & distributed through Pro Car Care products

"Satin Cream" (for dark colors), and for light colored cars I use Profection Paint Sealant (P-73-Q)…it is the same product as “Satin Crème” but without the carnauba….it brings up a much higher shine which on light colored cars looks better IMHO (although it has less depth of shine that carnauba gives) and it has a much higher level of polish in it.….I also use this on all my chrome, stainless, etc…it not only shines it up like new but it is sealed from the elements as well……it works very nice on the poly carbonate headlamp

Old 08-18-2016, 04:34 PM
TruckGuy@SharpTruck.com
Former Vendor
Our preferred tire dressing is Magic Dressing ... stuff works great and shine lasts

Old 08-18-2016, 11:56 PM
Beechkid
Received 207 Likes on 159 Posts
We use Prime Shine but the local distributor has is own "brown-label"...same stuff...on the tires with a daily driver, typically lasts about 1 month+ before re-application for high gloss appearance.

Old 01-24-2017, 06:01 PM
Firewood Bandit
Freshman User
Back in my Corvette days, the die hards swore by Zaino products.

https://www.zainostore.com/

Old 03-07-2017, 06:09 PM
RigTrash601
Postmaster
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I like Zaino products as well,

On auto soap: Adam's car shampoo, ph neutral WILL NOT leave soap spots, fact is, I use a foam gun, then wash the entire vehicle prior to rinsing.

Wax: I've tried them all, I've gotten really good results with Poor Boys World White Diamond. I also apply a coat of Collinite Insulator Wax over it.

In between waxing, I use Adam's H2O Guard and Gloss after each wash, I dry the vehicle with it, you can use it on ALL vehicle surfaces, to include glass.

Tire Shine: Poor Boy World's Bold n Bright tire dressing, doesn't leave a greasy look, just makes the tires "black"

Tire / Wheel cleaner: Chemical Guys Premium Blue wheel cleaner and degreaser or Adam's GPC

Interior: Meguiars Ultimate Interior detailer (again, no shine or greasy look) or Adam's Total interior cleaner (for the same reason)

As seen, I'm pretty "eclectic " in my vehicle detailing products, I tend to shy away from products in auto parts stores / Wal-Mart, I usually buy in bulk online (actually cheaper in the long run).

As mentioned in another post, Zaino's has outstanding products, just strip the vehicle well and the process would usually take me an entire day, mainly because I applied a minimum of 5 coats (2 coats of Z5 and 3 coats of Z2) but, nothing would stick to your paint!

Old 03-10-2017, 04:51 PM
johnday
Cargo Master
Received 237 Likes on 103 Posts
I don't like the shiny plastic look most tire dressings give. I use Aerospace 303 on them instead. Gives a nice satin look, like new, and lasts longer, and doesn't get thrown all over the fenders. Also use it on all vinyl trim. Won't dry out your plastics.
Collinite for wax.

Old 03-11-2017, 12:42 PM
Turbo Dog
Cargo Master
Received 15 Likes on 11 Posts
Is it ok to use a quick wax? For example: after I go to a car wash, by the time I get home I have streaks on the truck. I know hand washing gets it much cleaner but I can't always do that where I am in the winter time.

I'm using Lucas Slick Mist Speed Wax and have used one by Meguiars. They both work fine for removing that slight hazy dirt film left by a commercial car wash. I get al lot more product for my money with the Lucas brand. I want to know if it safe to use on my paint. It is otherwise hand washed and I apply Profection sealant about twice a year.

Old 03-11-2017, 01:57 PM
RigTrash601
Postmaster
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I've used the Lucas Slick Mist.....it's actually good product. I use a "Quick Wax" on mine everytime I wash it when I'm drying the vehicle. As long as you don't have a lot of abrasive (dust, etc) on the surface you'll be fine. You can find the waterless wash (basically the same as the quick wax, but supposed to lubricate the surface better to prevent swirls).