Sponsored by: Moser

I think it's totaled

Search this Thread

Old 07-15-2016, 07:10 AM
ubereal2
Post Fiend
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Originally Posted by royb
so the property owner is responsible and you just look up who they are on the county tax website and you can have them served. All you have to do is call the top 5 insurance companies and say " I'm submitting a claim against (property owners) insurance policy for (fill in the blank) which is an amount to be determined. It's that easy and they don't have to cooperate. you can still do it that way. most of the time one of the top 5 companies in the area is their insurance carrier - if it's not you can have them served.
I heard from the property owners yesterday, and got the full price that we paid returned. It's in the hands of our insurance company now. And our comprehensive coverage will fix the truck, and not effect our insurance, they'll just go after the property owners to get their money back.

Unk Bob

Old 07-15-2016, 07:59 AM
Mr. Mcbeevee
Elder User
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by wojowojo16
FYI I had a neighbors shingle fall off there roof and hit my vehicle, causing ~ $1200 in damage. I talked to MY insurance and I talked to neighbors homeowners insurance. Consensus is that it was a comp claim on my insurance. Neighbor even tried to get his homeowners to pay for it. Now, if my car had been on his property different story (and since your truck was on his property I'm not sure).

With that said, tree into truck is act of god....hopefully he will pay your deductible at the least (thats what my neighbor did for me out of good faith.)
You have a very good neighbor if they paid half of your deductible. Those are few and far in between anymore.

Old 07-16-2016, 04:47 AM
paredneck33
Cargo Master
Received 49 Likes on 41 Posts
Bob sorry to hear about your truck. Glad to know that the property owner finally stepped up and at least returned to messages. Hope that this all works out the way you want. One big concern that I see in these photos is that the upper rails that the fender mounts to may be damaged. If that is the case don't be surprised if the truck does become a total loss. When those inner rails get damaged Ford requires full replacement. Not repairs or sectioning. And those rails go up into the windshield post and down into the rocker panels. I do agree with a previous comment of the right front spring being broken. After all that is a known common issue with these trucks. Best of luck getting the out come that you truly want and the truck being fixed properly.

Old 07-17-2016, 07:41 AM
ubereal2
Post Fiend
Originally Posted by paredneck33
Bob sorry to hear about your truck. Glad to know that the property owner finally stepped up and at least returned to messages. Hope that this all works out the way you want. One big concern that I see in these photos is that the upper rails that the fender mounts to may be damaged. If that is the case don't be surprised if the truck does become a total loss. When those inner rails get damaged Ford requires full replacement. Not repairs or sectioning. And those rails go up into the windshield post and down into the rocker panels. I do agree with a previous comment of the right front spring being broken. After all that is a known common issue with these trucks. Best of luck getting the out come that you truly want and the truck being fixed properly.
Thanks paredneck33. This entire week has been like hazing to see how much crap I'll put up with. Nothing has gone right, and nobody has talked to the next person. My truck is still, on the lot that it was hauled off to for the appraisal, it was supposed to be at the body shop this last Wednesday. Now it's supposed to be there tomorrow (Monday) and then they should start taring into it and see what is broken or badly bent.
Right now, I'd rather it was totaled out, and I'm into the truck well enough that it's worth quite a bit more than we owe. So it'll get paid off, and I can put a chunk down on another truck, newer, and drop my payment. And then get rid of my insurance company that has now set me a full work week behind in getting my truck repaired, or replaced. Heads up, avoid Progressive Insurance

Unk Bob

Old 07-17-2016, 08:04 AM
Tom
Super Moderator
Received 672 Likes on 441 Posts
Wow...sorry to hear that Bob.

I had Progressive for years, and they were always fantastic to me. Only had a couple of claims, but those were resolved in a few days. Nothing this major though. Hope you get taken care of soon.

Old 07-17-2016, 08:52 AM
brokenleg
Fleet Mechanic
Received 19 Likes on 17 Posts
Maybe Im wrong. but I wouldnt have let them haul it to where it is, now they are in possession of it, and they can drag it on. I would have not let them do that. and if they dont get off their duff, Id say its lawyer time..... I wouldnt put up with this crap either.

Old 07-17-2016, 12:02 PM
Don Naslund
Laughing Gas
Received 39 Likes on 30 Posts
If you had demanded that they pay for a rental, It would have been handled much quicker.

Old 07-17-2016, 01:19 PM
Tom
Super Moderator
Received 672 Likes on 441 Posts
Originally Posted by Don Naslund
If you had demanded that they pay for a rental, It would have been handled much quicker.
You can't demand what you don't have coverage for. The OP's insurance is handling this, and if he doesn't have rental coverage it's not going to happen.

Making demands won't get him anywhere.

Old 07-17-2016, 02:27 PM
ubereal2
Post Fiend
Originally Posted by brokenleg
Maybe Im wrong. but I wouldnt have let them haul it to where it is, now they are in possession of it, and they can drag it on. I would have not let them do that. and if they dont get off their duff, Id say its lawyer time..... I wouldnt put up with this crap either.
It's Progressive' policy.
And I'm not far from hiring an attorney.

Unk Bob

Old 07-17-2016, 02:32 PM
ubereal2
Post Fiend
Originally Posted by Tom
You can't demand what you don't have coverage for. The OP's insurance is handling this, and if he doesn't have rental coverage it's not going to happen.

Making demands won't get him anywhere.
Nope, it's being handled by my insurance company. The property owner had taken too long to even try to contact us. So I turned it in to our insurance. Our Comprehensive coverage covers this. And I'm sure that Progressive will go after the property owners. And I'd bet they go at them harder than they've worked for me.
I have told Progressive that if they want to make things better with me, I want a rental car, and for them to waive my $500 deductable.And I really don't think they'll do it. But everything this week that has gone wrong, is their fault.

Right now, I'd rather be told the truck is totaled, and just be done with all of it. Just discusted.

Unk Bob

Old 07-17-2016, 06:29 PM
mountain dewd
Postmaster
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Dang Bob. That is rough. Hope it goes over okay.

Old 07-18-2016, 05:39 PM
ubereal2
Post Fiend
It took almost a week, but my truck made it to the body shop late this evening. Hope to hear back from somebody in the next couple of days about further damages.

Unk Bob

Old 07-18-2016, 05:39 PM
mountain dewd
Postmaster
Wishing you luck Bob!

Old 07-18-2016, 05:43 PM
ubereal2
Post Fiend
Originally Posted by mountain dewd
Wishing you luck Bob!
Thanks Dewd, hopefully things smoothen out for me. I did hear back from Progressive, and they did, waive my $500 deductable

Unk Bob

Old 07-18-2016, 05:45 PM
mountain dewd
Postmaster
Originally Posted by ubereal2
Thanks Dewd, hopefully things smoothen out for me. I did hear back from Progressive, and they did, waive my $500 deductable

Unk Bob

Now we're getting in the right direction.

Quick Reply: I think it's totaled