6.7L Power Stroke Diesel 2011-current Ford Powerstroke 6.7 L turbo diesel engine

Probably 1 Page - July 2017 G2G

Search this Thread

Old 07-13-2016, 06:32 PM
Sailor Roy
FTE Chapter Leader

Received 3,988 Likes on 1,595 Posts
Originally Posted by Snowseeker
Wife gave the go ahead. We will just use one of our camping trips next year for the gtg. We will have a full week, I figure two days drive there, 3-4 day stay, then a 2 day drive back.
Long Drive........Do you think a Ford EXX can make it..........

Old 07-13-2016, 06:36 PM
System
Prolocutor
Received 1,186 Likes on 570 Posts
Originally Posted by Sailor_Roy
Be sweet Mr Hardnose........
We don't want the "discount" to be 12% higher than standard rate........

I want a Navy Discount, Good Sam's Discount & Old Fart Discount.........

I'm always nice unless I'm in a jackhammering thread Roy... But seriously, I am the fourth generation in my family running a business. I can't fathom how some of these places do things. I kill people with information and never let a call go without being returned over 4 hours. EVER. In other words, I treat my customers they way I'd want to be treated. This seems lost on so many places these days. I think that's what happens when a business is booming. The RV industry and camping as a whole is doing record numbers so folks don't need to work to make their customers happy. If they upset someone they have a line of folks waiting to take their place. That's great for the business but not so much for the customer. Personally, I can't imagine someone calling me repeatedly who wants to give me thousands in business, and not getting back to them after two days and 4 messages.

Ah well, I'll keep trying. We have time and worse case scenario, I keep searching and find another spot...

Old 07-13-2016, 07:53 PM
sbryan
Lead Driver
Received 124 Likes on 114 Posts
I'm with you Rodney. Customer service is a dying art. But I have a long memory and when I get crap service I usually eventually have a chance to do a turn about - and take my business somewhere else where people appreciate me as a customer. This good times in the RV business won't last forever - then we'll see a weeding out.

Old 07-13-2016, 08:35 PM
Snowseeker
Hotshot
Received 26 Likes on 16 Posts
Long Drive........Do you think a Ford EXX can make it..........

We might bring the practical mini van.

Old 07-13-2016, 09:02 PM
Sailor Roy
FTE Chapter Leader

Originally Posted by sbryan
I'm with you Rodney. Customer service is a dying art. But I have a long memory and when I get crap service I usually eventually have a chance to do a turn about - and take my business somewhere else where people appreciate me as a customer. This good times in the RV business won't last forever - then we'll see a weeding out.
When I show up on Shawn's doorstep.......We'll see how good customer service is.........

Old 07-13-2016, 09:06 PM
System
Prolocutor
For someone so proud of how hard the military works to get it done no matter what, you're very easy on the private sector Roy. Or maybe it's just the retiree in you getting more easy going...LOL. I give them no dispensation. Do it right of get out of the way...

Old 07-13-2016, 09:25 PM
Sailor Roy
FTE Chapter Leader

Originally Posted by Karl4Cat
For someone so proud of how hard the military works to get it done no matter what, you're very easy on the private sector Roy. Or maybe it's just the retiree in you getting more easy going...LOL. I give them no dispensation. Do it right of get out of the way...
My 13 yrs experience with MT State government......Easter Seals / Goodwill showed me the civilian world would be tossed over the side before the week was finished.....or shot. No sense of mission. NO teamwork. Leadership does not exist.

I have found out that businesses / people don't want to hear from me how to do it right....Easy going and I get further with the idiots........

We have time.......you will get ahold of them........

Old 07-13-2016, 09:33 PM
System
Prolocutor
My 13 yrs experience with MT State government......Easter Seals / Goodwill showed me the civilian world would be tossed over the side before the week was finished.....or shot. No sense of mission. NO teamwork. Leadership does not exist.

I have found out that businesses / people don't want to hear from me how to do it right....Easy going and I get further with the idiots........

LOL, we are indeed on the same page then. You just have more patience than I. I only hope I can achieve it in a year or two when I am your age...

Old 07-13-2016, 09:33 PM
Iowa Ford
Post Fiend
Received 287 Likes on 132 Posts
We weren't all born with patience. I know I wasn't !! LOL
My ideas of "how things should be" have changed quite a bit.

Old 07-13-2016, 09:42 PM
Chad149
Lead Driver
Received 500 Likes on 168 Posts

Somebody one told me, and I've come to realize it's true, is that you can't argue with a stupid person. They drag you down their level, then beat you with experience.

Old 07-13-2016, 09:52 PM
ExxWhy
Logistics Pro
Received 2,109 Likes on 560 Posts
I suppose I was beat down in my 25 years of working for the federal govt. I now expect nothing and am rarely disappointed. They'll get back to you.... eventually!

I can invest $25 into saying we'll be there next year with the trailer. Assuming my tired ol EX can make it back up there.

Old 07-13-2016, 10:22 PM
Sailor Roy
FTE Chapter Leader

Originally Posted by Chad149
Somebody one told me, and I've come to realize it's true, is that you can't argue with a stupid person. They drag you down their level, then beat you with experience.

Boy.....That is True.......

Old 07-13-2016, 10:23 PM
Sailor Roy
FTE Chapter Leader

Originally Posted by ExxWhy
I suppose I was beat down in my 25 years of working for the federal govt. I now expect nothing and am rarely disappointed. They'll get back to you.... eventually!

I can invest $25 into saying we'll be there next year with the trailer. Assuming my tired ol EX can make it back up there.
Give it some Geritol.........

Old 07-13-2016, 11:52 PM
Dakster
Lead Driver
Received 111 Likes on 37 Posts

Aint that the truth...

Chad -- LOL... I also try to not to have a battle of wits with them as it isn't fair, since you are dealing with an unarmed opponent.

Old 07-14-2016, 06:35 AM
SavageNFS
Hotshot
Received 7,024 Likes on 2,203 Posts
Originally Posted by Karl4Cat
Anyone know if Dak or Darren are considering cabins?
Darren is gone for another week before he'll be in touch. The cabin is off the grid

Quick Reply: Probably 1 Page - July 2017 G2G