2017+ Super Duty The 2017+ Ford F250, F350, F450 and F550 Super Duty Pickup and Chassis Cab

Build Day

Search this Thread

Old 07-04-2016, 10:17 AM
RainDesert
Cargo Master
Received 34 Likes on 27 Posts
Originally Posted by SwensonBarrettBunch
It has a priority of 20. It is the first 2017 they are getting
Yeah 20 is the lowest priority number for dealer stock which means it will be built before any other priority number truck for that dealer.

Old 07-04-2016, 11:02 AM
scagwildcat
Junior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
mine is priority 20 also

Old 07-04-2016, 11:43 AM
RainDesert
Cargo Master
Originally Posted by scagwildcat
mine is priority 20 also
Is your dealer showing you the Thursday print out? I find it hard to believe they have no Vin's for any trucks ordered as stock.

Old 07-04-2016, 12:04 PM
scagwildcat
Junior User
the last time i went to see them in person they showed me their orders on the computer and gave me some paperwork from ford showing the estimated start of production. since then ive called them with no updates,same as when i called ford and also when ive chatted online with ford..

Old 07-04-2016, 12:08 PM
RainDesert
Cargo Master
I think you're not getting all the right info. They should print off and show you the vehicle status report sent to dealers on Thursday mornings. You will see all the dealer orders there along with vin#s and priority codes. Here is what it looks like:

Old 07-04-2016, 12:11 PM
RainDesert
Cargo Master
the last time i went to see them in person they showed me their orders on the computer and gave me some paperwork from ford showing the estimated start of production. since then ive called them with no updates,same as when i called ford and also when ive chatted online with ford..
I suppose it is possible that something you ordered on your truck is keeping it from being scheduled. Is your truck the only one the dealer ordered?

Old 07-04-2016, 12:13 PM
BGWN
Junior User
i am truly baffled, i talked to my dealer,talked with several at ford and everyone tells me they will not start production until late August! and i asked about everyone here posting thay they have vins,i was told unless someone posts a complete vin# they have no idea what numbers people are talking about...i ordered my truck the day the order banks opened, we ordered two trucks one was dealer stock and one for me,which.ever truck was built first will be mine...that was 4/22 i believe. ive even spoke to ford customer care, no vins yet and no production dates yet.. the super duty plant is closed the entire month of july..
Murman started a new thread this morning and posted a window sticker. Along the bottom towards the right you will find a bar graph and the complete vin.
https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/1...w-sticker.html
RainDesert posted a document with a bunch of vins. They are out there.
There are numerous threads on here that reference the KTP start of production for SD pickups as July 11 as per the Donlen website.
https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/1...ion-dates.html
You should note that footnote 4 indicates that the CC production at the Ohio plant, indeed, does not start until Aug 15. Could this be causing some of the confusion with your dealer?
Finally, Ryan started a thread that indicates he had someone on the floor at KTP confirm that production is on schedule for July 11.
https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/1...-employee.html
Your dealer is misinformed or is intentionally trying to delay your expectations because they messed something up with your order or have no allocations and don't want you knocking on another dealers door.

Old 07-04-2016, 12:20 PM
RainDesert
Cargo Master
Originally Posted by BGWN
Your dealer is misinformed or is intentionally trying to delay your expectations because they messed something up with your order or have no allocations and don't want you knocking on another dealers door.
You nailed it here.^^

Old 07-04-2016, 05:30 PM
scagwildcat
Junior User
Originally Posted by BGWN
Murman started a new thread this morning and posted a window sticker. Along the bottom towards the right you will find a bar graph and the complete vin.
https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/1...w-sticker.html
RainDesert posted a document with a bunch of vins. They are out there.
There are numerous threads on here that reference the KTP start of production for SD pickups as July 11 as per the Donlen website.
https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/1...ion-dates.html
You should note that footnote 4 indicates that the CC production at the Ohio plant, indeed, does not start until Aug 15. Could this be causing some of the confusion with your dealer?
Finally, Ryan started a thread that indicates he had someone on the floor at KTP confirm that production is on schedule for July 11.
https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/1...-employee.html
my truck.is indeed a CC. fully loaded xlt. with every option available. so i can see where you may be thinking that.the order was messed up.. as for hiding info from me,im not sure,because the owner of the dealership called me from his boat in florida telling me that he was working on my build when i first went and specked the truck out,and he was very eager to make the sale,i was told that this truck is his baby as it is mine because its the nicest f350 he has ordered in a while for a landscaper.. my wife seems to think that the dealers get some sort of incentive for selling the new 2017. i was given every option under dealer cost by thousands..im saving a lot on the truck however i spent it on upfiting

Old 07-04-2016, 05:35 PM
RainDesert
Cargo Master
You ordered a Chassis Cab? No wonder. Nothing is wrong then, those trucks are a ways off still. That info has been known for awhile.

Old 07-04-2016, 05:38 PM
scagwildcat
Junior User
Originally Posted by RainDesert
You ordered a Chassis Cab? No wonder. Nothing is wrong then, those trucks are a ways off still. That info has been known for awhile.
thats what i understood also, however on the other thread, others have said they ordered a drw? thats why i got worried.

Old 07-04-2016, 08:07 PM
BGWN
Junior User
thats what i understood also, however on the other thread, others have said they ordered a drw? thats why i got worried.
Hey, it's all good. If we had known a couple of weeks ago on the other thread that this was a chassis cab then we could have cleared it up then. The waters got muddied when others continued to assume it was a pickup. Stay cool, be patient. Everything's on schedule.

Old 07-07-2016, 03:35 AM
Rasalas
Cargo Master
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Talked with my salesgirl last Friday and she emailed the regional rep about how to get Ford moving on my order and he said don't change a thing. Mt retail order is on track for an August build although the date is not set. He also said that although their are many dealer stock trucks being built the retail order trucks should be picked up first after the OK to sell is issued so in spite of a later production date they should start arriving along with the first stock orders. I am hoping he is right.

Old 07-07-2016, 06:36 AM
Azuretruck
Laughing Gas
Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Rasalas
Talked with my salesgirl last Friday and she emailed the regional rep about how to get Ford moving on my order and he said don't change a thing. Mt retail order is on track for an August build although the date is not set. He also said that although their are many dealer stock trucks being built the retail order trucks should be picked up first after the OK to sell is issued so in spite of a later production date they should start arriving along with the first stock orders. I am hoping he is right.
Ok to sell date is around August 15. Retail orders will be scheduled after this date. Production for retail orders will probably start late August at the earliest if not in September. Personally I don't think they will arrive with early stock orders.
What I don't understand is if they can produce 88 trucks an hour time how come all of our trucks are not picked up and scheduled.

Old 07-07-2016, 06:56 AM
troverman
Hotshot
Received 534 Likes on 258 Posts
Originally Posted by Azuretruck
Ok to sell date is around August 15. Retail orders will be scheduled after this date. Production for retail orders will probably start late August at the earliest if not in September. Personally I don't think they will arrive with early stock orders.
What I don't understand is if they can produce 88 trucks an hour time how come all of our trucks are not picked up and scheduled.
88 trucks per hour probably does not happen instantly. Suppliers may not be able to supply all components instantly. The "88 per hour" is just what the assembly line can finish when all parts and assemblies are in stock and everything is flowing well. Typically, if a quality issue is discovered along the line, even by a standard employee, the line will stop and that issue will be corrected, and those trucks with the issues will be set aside for the issue to be corrected. I'm guessing there might be quite a few of these stoppages initially. Additionally, 88 per hour is when the line is already "loaded," not starting from zero. As has been mentioned, it may be known right up front that certain configurations may have initial production delays because a critical component cannot be supplied until a certain date. Maybe SRW trucks can be built right away, but perhaps the 450 rear axles (or even something simple like the front wheel-arch extensions) cannot be supplied until a certain date.

The advantage we have over the guys who went through this same thing with the F-150 is that basically all of the cab and interior components are already being produced in sufficient quantity and quality for the F-150. I think the only interior differences are the upper glovebox and the exhaust brake button, and trailer brake location, and upfitter switches.

But, the engines are different, new rear axles, maybe new hubs, different transfer cases, all new frames, beds, front clips, etc. Remember that one of the big delays in F-150's was the new frame.

Quick Reply: Build Day