Old 07-15-2016, 05:01 PM
ChiefM
FTE Chapter Leader
Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts
Old 07-16-2016, 08:15 AM
ChiefM
FTE Chapter Leader
I worked on my final officer evaluation this morning, it is a real pain in the butt and takes a while to complete. I have to have one in at least draft form in order to start clearing hopefully next week.

Little man didn't sleep real good last night, must have had a tummy ache or something. mommy was up most of the night and is now sleeping so I have morning shift, maybe till noon or later shift. I was hoping to do a few things outside before the heat and possible rain kicks in later.

Old 07-16-2016, 02:48 PM
Big_Texxan
Posting Guru
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by axelgawn
Was the posi for the dodge or your ford? I am interested in getting one in my ford 9". I know I have an open diff now. But we will see how it goes after my drivetrain etc are in.
I have a Posi in the Ford, and the limited I just installed was for the dodge. I used a Dana spicer carrier for the dodge, the Ford got a Yukon carrier.

Originally Posted by ChiefM
Powertrax and those lunch box style lockers are very noisy and wear quickly being daily driven.

If you want a posi in the Ford, its fairly cheap to do, and most carriers like Yukon and Dana supply a whole install kit. I did both my trucks for under 700. Dodge was actually more expensive to do

Old 07-16-2016, 02:50 PM
Big_Texxan
Posting Guru
Ford Engine and Trans are in the truck. This week the accessories will get added, Truck get to running, and driveeshaft will be lengthened. Then I can fab the exhaust up and start making the bed.

Old 07-16-2016, 02:50 PM
Big_Texxan
Posting Guru
My dodge now handles like a ****ing dream, and stops on a dime thanks to the big brakes I just finished. Now all thats left is the one-off hood im making then the Dodge will be ready for paint. Then hopefully not far behind will be the Ford. Then maybe I can shoot them all at once

Old 07-16-2016, 02:51 PM
Big_Texxan
Posting Guru
When i move to Texas can I stay in this group?

Old 07-17-2016, 07:38 AM
ChiefM
FTE Chapter Leader
Originally Posted by Big_Texxan
When i move to Texas can I stay in this group?
Sure, That would be great.

My buddy down the street has gone out of town for a week and I have his Ford tractor and scraper blade. There is some leveling and other stuff I want to get done while I have it.

Old 07-17-2016, 09:54 AM
hturner12
Postmaster
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Sounds like everyone been or will be busy. I had to go resume a friends jeep. He wax driving back from the VA he got to Jonesboro and a caliper locked up and he blew a radiator hose. I found out the PS pump 9n my truck may have problems. Hard steering at slow speeds and brakes hard at times and not stopping good.

Old 07-17-2016, 12:37 PM
IB Tim
Site Administrator
Received 58 Likes on 30 Posts
Hello everyone...enjoy your Sunday afternoon.

Old 07-17-2016, 05:43 PM
ChiefM
FTE Chapter Leader
Originally Posted by hturner12
Sounds like everyone been or will be busy. I had to go resume a friends jeep. He wax driving back from the VA he got to Jonesboro and a caliper locked up and he blew a radiator hose. I found out the PS pump 9n my truck may have problems. Hard steering at slow speeds and brakes hard at times and not stopping good.
Rescue Hugh!!!!

Yea that sounds like a weak power steering pump.

So Friday I go running around town with the wife, we have little man and my wife watches a friends infant when she has to work. So we go into Walmart to get a few things and I have little guy and I am pushing him in his stroller and I am pulling the buggy with groceries. The wife is behind me with the friends kid in the buggy.

We get to the checkout line and the young lady says: Oh are you here shopping with your Grandson, I smile back and say no this is my son. My wife was right behind me and tells the girl: Yes that really is his son. Then she says with the most serious look: He also had this baby by another woman. The look on her face was priceless and I thought the young lady was going to pass out from embarrassment.

We did the dramatic pause for a minute or two and then my wife said, this isn't his baby but that really is his son. That was hilarious!!!!

Old 07-18-2016, 05:47 AM
hturner12
Postmaster
I bet that was funny . Nre twist on baby mamma drama

Old 07-18-2016, 06:38 AM
ChiefM
FTE Chapter Leader
Just realized last night that I have been back at home for a year now, man time flies. A full day of appointments at Ft Benning tomorrow and then sleep study tomorrow night. Requesting my clearance papers tomorrow and start my transitional leave next monday. Slowly making my way from tired to retired well semi-retired !!!

Old 07-18-2016, 07:34 AM
hturner12
Postmaster
Then back to worker bee

Old 07-18-2016, 06:30 PM
Big_Texxan
Posting Guru
Originally Posted by ChiefM
Sure, That would be great.

My buddy down the street has gone out of town for a week and I have his Ford tractor and scraper blade. There is some leveling and other stuff I want to get done while I have it.
Well good. We all need to meet up before I leave!

Ill probably say adios early next year

Old 07-18-2016, 06:31 PM
Big_Texxan
Posting Guru
Went all white everything on the front end today. Switch back LEDs for that clean look. I like this.

Quick Reply: July 2016 chat