Sponsored by:

Sexiest thing ever/tired of my X

Search this Thread

Old 06-26-2016, 12:59 PM
Apocalypse
Lead Driver
Received 22 Likes on 21 Posts
Sexiest thing ever/tired of my X

So I saw the sexiest thing ever yesterday. I've been driving the Civic and working on it getting it ready to sell and Wendy has been driving the X every day. Well I was working on the Civic yesterday and Wendy was driving home and I could hear the truck coming down the street so I rolled out from under the car and looked and the truck looks AMAZING coming down the road! Then as if that wasn't enough she wanted to know what I was doing so she stopped, rolled the window down and took her glasses off and started talking... I have no idea what she said because seeing her in my truck driving down the road is SO DAMN SEXY! Man I wish she liked driving it more

Well on the flip side we found her a new Volt and are working on getting it transferred from one Carmax to another. I really like my rig but I just can't get over the diesel thing and just don't love my truck. I might try and trade my truck in towards the Volt, I'm not sure yet. Still up in the air on everything but just not feeling it anymore

Old 06-26-2016, 02:57 PM
Peace2Peep
Laughing Gas
Received 18 Likes on 6 Posts
Life is short my friend, get a diesel and never look back!

Old 06-26-2016, 03:11 PM
hav24wheel
FTE Chapter Leader

Received 96 Likes on 78 Posts
Lol, you crack me up sometimes!!! Very indecisive.

What do you need a diesel for?

Old 06-26-2016, 04:56 PM
LivingLarge
Post Fiend
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by hav24wheel

Just get a bag of marbles place in a plastic bucket and have Wendy shake the damn thing as you drive... There you go diesel Brent style

Old 06-26-2016, 05:06 PM
RBerry9511
Tuned
Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Diesels is not always about need, sometimes it is a want. Most of the mods on this forum are not about need, simply wants. Some would say because I rarely tow I don't need my diesel but when I need the power of the diesel it is there.

Apoc you and wendy are very smart. Just don't do anything too hastily. Think it over then sleep on it and ask yourself does it still sound like the best idea.
And I think it is cool what you named this thread and why. I still look at my girlfriend and think the same way.

Old 06-26-2016, 07:20 PM
mark996
Senior User
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I was in the same position a few months ago. Really want a Wrangler to play in. Dealership was agreeing to trade in on the X with all the terms we wanted, I just couldn't pull the trigger with a new car payment. Figured I'd just drive the X until the wheels fall off. It's got 170,000 on her, hopefully I got at least 150,000 more to go on it and then maybe I'll decide to part ways.

Old 06-26-2016, 07:27 PM
USCG_PA
Posting Guru
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Old 06-26-2016, 10:31 PM
hav24wheel
FTE Chapter Leader

Originally Posted by RBerry9511
Diesels is not always about need, sometimes it is a want. Most of the mods on this forum are not about need, simply wants. Some would say because I rarely tow I don't need my diesel but when I need the power of the diesel it is there.

Apoc you and wendy are very smart. Just don't do anything too hastily. Think it over then sleep on it and ask yourself does it still sound like the best idea.
And I think it is cool what you named this thread and why. I still look at my girlfriend and think the same way.
I'm well aware of buying something because of a want instead of a need. Hence my Wagoneer, Lincoln, ATV, Camper and whatnot.

I'm just thinking if he's not happy with his V10 Ex, why would he be happy with a oil burner Ex?

Ive had the V10, and I've got a 7.3 I pulled heavy with the v10 and I do with the 7.3 too, I really don't think the 7.3 pulls any better than the V10 I had did. Keep in mind, it's relatively stock 7.3 right now, and the v10 only had headers, intake and low *** gears. I'm just sayin if he never pulls anything, there's really no need for the diesel. I've been in his place before wanting a oil burner, I've got one now, but if I came to buy something new, I'd look at gas and diesel rigs. Don't get me wrong, I love my 7.3, but I loved my V10 too. They both had their pros and cons. I just can't see the engine under the hood making him love a Ex being this is his second one now. Unless he wants all out power, than, he's going to have to shell out some big$$$.

Old 06-26-2016, 10:50 PM
RBerry9511
Tuned
Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
I'm well aware of buying something because of a want instead of a need. Hence my Wagoneer, Lincoln, ATV, Camper and whatnot.

I'm just thinking if he's not happy with his V10 Ex, why would he be happy with a oil burner Ex?

Ive had the V10, and I've got a 7.3 I pulled heavy with the v10 and I do with the 7.3 too, I really don't think the 7.3 pulls any better than the V10 I had did. Keep in mind, it's relatively stock 7.3 right now, and the v10 only had headers, intake and low *** gears. I'm just sayin if he never pulls anything, there's really no need for the diesel. I've been in his place before wanting a oil burner, I've got one now, but if I came to buy something new, I'd look at gas and diesel rigs. Don't get me wrong, I love my 7.3, but I loved my V10 too. They both had their pros and cons. I just can't see the engine under the hood making him love a Ex being this is his second one now. Unless he wants all out power, than, he's going to have to shell out some big$$$.
I can see your point and it is definitely valid. I just hope whatever route he goes it is one he won't regret. Apoc and Wendy have had a rough year or so.

Old 06-27-2016, 07:35 AM
Watcher58
Laughing Gas
Received 23 Likes on 20 Posts

It's probably like me. I go into a Home Depot, Auto store, etc, etc , find what I like and then I figure out the reason I need it. I don't "need" a diesel, I just happened to come along it after my little upside down look at life. I took it as Divine Intervention.

Old 06-27-2016, 07:42 AM
Watcher58
Laughing Gas
Received 23 Likes on 20 Posts

Ahhh all good points. I've had 2 V-10's and liked them both.Unfortunately (or fortunately depending on your point of view) the V 10 doesn't sound like a diesel. The diesel is like getting extra testosterone.

Old 06-27-2016, 09:06 AM
Apocalypse
Lead Driver
It's just that sound... Every time I'm in traffic and I see a diesel (Ford) I roll down the window and turn my music off so I can listen to it. I tell Wendy to stop talking (and take the punch in the arm) so I can hear it. I regret my 6.8 even though it has been great to me.

My X is like the perfect girlfriend that likes Country music way too much and will never listen to anything else. She won't listen to anything good and refuses to act like I want her to but other than that she takes care of me and does everything I could ever ask her to do and more. I want it to act like a diesel and listen to diesel music but it never will. Other than that it drives like a sexy beast and makes me feel great in the process.

Old 06-27-2016, 09:36 AM
LivingLarge
Post Fiend
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
You are just one of those that just needs to do it already.... I understand it! Go for it or your just not going to be happy.

Old 06-27-2016, 09:39 AM
hav24wheel
FTE Chapter Leader

If it's just the sound you like, let me tell you this, you can't really hear the exhaust tone much wile driving much. All I hear in mine is the turbo whine. Have to roll windows down to hear the exhaust. My old v10 made some noise. A lot of people thought it was a diesel with a funny sound. Lmao. The diesel exhaust made it sound different.

I really don't think the sound of a vehicle is a logical reason to want one/buy a different one. Just like women and their "Ooooo. That one is cute." Or "But I like that one better because of the color". Can't be that picky on a used rig...

Old 06-27-2016, 10:11 AM
Apocalypse
Lead Driver
Not the exhaust, the idle... the sitting at a light and that sound, and that spool as they slowly take off. It's like sitting on a Yamaha and listening to a Harley, yes I'm on a bike but no I'm not on a Harley.

Quick Reply: Sexiest thing ever/tired of my X