1967 - 1972 F-100 & Larger F-Series Trucks Discuss the Bumpsides Ford Truck

New Member w/ 69 F100 "Shop Truck" project.

Search this Thread

Old 06-24-2016, 06:55 AM
Salty Dog
Elder User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I like the distressed red FORD letters on the tailgate.

Old 06-24-2016, 02:11 PM
Sixtiesmusclecarguy
Freshman User
The letters are naturally faded.....

Old 06-27-2016, 04:26 PM
Sixtiesmusclecarguy
Freshman User
Floor mats

Hey Guys,
Where can I get a 1 piece Rubber floor mat like this??

Old 06-27-2016, 08:09 PM
Sixtiesmusclecarguy
Freshman User
Bed Liner

Hey Guys,
I spent all weekend in the HEAT working on the shop truck back at my house out in the back driveway.My bed has a fair amount of 'Patina" but the underside of the bedside was getting downright rusty, so I decided to Wire brush, Carroseal the Rust and apply a Herculiner Bed liner.....
This was a job for an old Fat guy like me !! I started by getting out my small compressor and angle grinder with a Wire cup brush and go at it. I could grind about 30 seconds till the air had to catch up, so I would switch to Hand scrubbing with a wire brush,then back and forth between the two. It was 90 in the shade and I was sweatin like a mule !!!
Once everything was ground down, I applied the Carroseal to all the exposed metal/old rust. Carroseal is a water based rust converter primer. It works well and hopefully will stop the rust from continuing underneath the Bed Coating.I let everything set overnight so the carroseal was cured, Then Sunday morning, I started again by scotchbriting the whole bed so the Liner would stick well, and then rolled/Brushed on A coat,and let it set 4 hours and applied a second coat. The Black is gonna take some getting used to !!

Old 06-27-2016, 08:11 PM
Sixtiesmusclecarguy
Freshman User
I also worked inside the Cab while things were drying and tested The rustoleum 7777 satin black paint on the inner fender to see if I liked it.... More to come on that.

Old 06-27-2016, 08:46 PM
Sixtiesmusclecarguy
Freshman User
Man I miss my Garage

I moved to the City and gave up my garage so My kids could go to a prestigious School of the Arts That they were accepted to,But it meant moving from the county where i lived and had the Garage I built. I love my children but i sure miss That Garage !!

Old 06-28-2016, 04:27 AM
GaryKip
Logistics Pro
Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts
Nice Torino! You did a lot of work saving that one from the scrap yard. Good Job!!

Old 06-28-2016, 05:07 PM
JEFFFAFA
Hotshot
Received 169 Likes on 149 Posts
Man, that Cobra is Saweet! I'm normally a bigger fan of the 66/67 Fairlanes. But your Fairlane and that Cobra are neck in neck in my book.

Old 06-29-2016, 03:57 PM
Sixtiesmusclecarguy
Freshman User
Hey Jefffafa,
The red Torino actually ISN'T a Cobra but a Low mileage rust free car I bought that came from New Mexico. I just Love the red/Black Cobra paint scheme so I put it on this car. People called it a cobra all the time even though I didn't put 70/71 cobra stickers on it. I did however put Snakes on the front fenders off of a 68'..... I had several REAL Cobras though as you see in some of the pics.Most of those sold to others to restore !!

The fairlane ended up like this as a vintage Drag Car clone !! I did all the lettering/assembly/Interior in my little garage. Put the engine and Torque Box/Floor pans/Full length Sub Frame connectors and weld in Traction Action Bars at my Buddy Terry's shop.

Old 06-30-2016, 04:17 PM
JEFFFAFA
Hotshot
Received 169 Likes on 149 Posts
THAT got my Ford Blue blood a pumpin'. That's got to be fun to beat...er...drive. Looks like one of those cars where you tape a $100 to the dash and dare the passenger to be able to grab it when you launch and go down the quarter.

Old 06-30-2016, 09:10 PM
Obscure69
Laughing Gas
Received 201 Likes on 143 Posts
Awesome truck, really nice look!

Old 03-07-2017, 01:20 PM
Sixtiesmusclecarguy
Freshman User
More Progress on My 69" "shop Truck". Since I was on, we had some really great warm weather, so I have moved forward a Bit. I Got the inner fenders Painted, Underside of the hood is painted with Bedlner. I painted the Grill Bar with a custom Ranger style stripe,Painted the Headlight surround Matte Black, Added Ranger Emblem to Grill,& Installed Fog lights to complete the Front End !!

Old 03-07-2017, 01:23 PM
Sixtiesmusclecarguy
Freshman User
I have Finished The Body with a CLR Bath( Course & Smooth scotchbrite

entirely by Hand) and We Clearcoated with a 80/20 Matte Clear to preserve it.

Old 03-07-2017, 01:27 PM
Sixtiesmusclecarguy
Freshman User
I added The Ranger emblems on Bedside, 390 Fender flags on front fenders (not in Factory Location). We added a custom Stripe on Bottom (similar to Fairlane/Mustang) I added the Sperrycraft Coffin Bed Rails I like, Oh, & Tinted the windows...........I'm having the exhaust re done to dump out behind rear tires and not straight out of the back.......

Old 03-07-2017, 01:34 PM
Sixtiesmusclecarguy
Freshman User
Oh, we put on a lower doorskin from LMC.......Pay extra for a nice one,These dont have the proper Bow top to bottom and front to back so even after Massaging it its flatter than the other factory Panels. It was painted with Red Oxide Primer and basecoat and then I scuffed through intentionally in several places to match existing Patina......You can see in this photo how much Patina I left........I Like it.......But Now its sealed,beads water,is smooth, and doesnt come off as white Chalk if i touch it like it used to !! I found a Floor mat from The Fabulous f100 place here in NC, and I've dyed and reinstalled Dash Pad, Sunvisors, and about wrapped up interior......Need to dye headliner and re-install Radio.....

Quick Reply: New Member w/ 69 F100 "Shop Truck" project.