6.7L Power Stroke Diesel 2011-current Ford Powerstroke 6.7 L turbo diesel engine

Delete almost done

Search this Thread

Old 06-23-2016, 06:22 PM
Lawrencew
Senior User
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
What is a CCV delete?

Old 06-23-2016, 07:41 PM
UGA33
Lead Driver

Received 128 Likes on 65 Posts
Originally Posted by Lawrencew
What is a CCV delete?
CCV is the crankcase vent. From the factory, it is vented back into the intake to keep the crankcase from building pressure. This system puts a lot of oil residue through your inter cooler, intake and assorted piping. Lot of guys delete this by either dumping it to atmosphere with heater hose, running a filter on it then returning it to the intake or have it venturi'd into the exhaust so it pulls a vacuum on it.

Old 06-23-2016, 11:30 PM
Lawrencew
Senior User
Originally Posted by UGA33
CCV is the crankcase vent. From the factory, it is vented back into the intake to keep the crankcase from building pressure. This system puts a lot of oil residue through your inter cooler, intake and assorted piping. Lot of guys delete this by either dumping it to atmosphere with heater hose, running a filter on it then returning it to the intake or have it venturi'd into the exhaust so it pulls a vacuum on it.
Ah thanks so would you say from a healthy engine standpoint it's as much of a problem as the egr is?

Old 06-24-2016, 07:13 AM
UGA33
Lead Driver

Received 128 Likes on 65 Posts
Ah thanks so would you say from a healthy engine standpoint it's as much of a problem as the egr is?
It does contribute to the "gunk" in the intake along with the the EGR system. I did CCV reroutes on my 6.0 and 6.4. Haven't gotten around to it on my 6.7 yet.

No Limit just came out with a really nice kit I may have to snag up though.

Old 06-24-2016, 03:19 PM
hoseclamp
Elder User
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
4" magnaflow in place, sooooooo much quieter. Working on pyro sensor now.

Old 06-24-2016, 06:36 PM
Lawrencew
Senior User
Originally Posted by hoseclamp
4" magnaflow in place, sooooooo much quieter. Working on pyro sensor now.
Does it still have some growl ?

Old 06-25-2016, 07:44 PM
hoseclamp
Elder User
Definitely has some growl, still too much for my liking, will add another magnaflow in series next week

Having tune issues!!! First day, bogging and surging on low end, then it did a PUFF PUFF PUFF PUFF stumbling on the intake side, like disturbed air flow, low rpm's under a load, climbing a hill, reminded me of my other dually when the K&N intake loosened up and fell off, air entering around the MAF so it was running weird. We found a coupler between the tube housing the MAF and the inlet to the turbo, snugged it up, checked everything, looked good.

It ran well enough to the lake and back I was actually laughing out loud to myself how much torque it was throwing down, while using less fuel for the round trip than usual, ran like a monster everywhere, on "no power" setting on the tuner. Tow screamed like a beast. Happier than a pig in s--- figuratively speaking. Only thing that's an issue, need an update for the ccv code that pops up with every start, gets tedious going into the tuner to erase the code every time.

So, I unload the programmer, connect up the pc in my shop, call BD to remotely update the tuner. Takes quite a while for the guy to do it, doesn't do the usual "all clear, thanks for buying BD!", I assume it's good to go. I reload tuner, start up truck, no codes, excellent. Road test? Now it runs horrible down low like before, except I can't mechanically find anything wrong this time.

It surges and fights itself, rather annoying. Installed BD's sensor dock, and pyro, that thing sucks too, doesn't respond to real time temp changes, and easily gets above 1,100f during regular driving.

Going to call BD Monday morning, another remote session to check out tuner, Mitch @ AMDP figures it's a canned tune issue, so I'm getting the SCT livewire, different dock for SCT probe, along with two custom tow tunes, regular and extreme tow. Can't change on the fly but I can still monitor. I usually leave on tow mode anyway, that will cover 80% of anything I do, big trailers will be 3-4 minutes of updating.

Maybe a bigger turbo will help.......LOL

Old 06-27-2016, 11:19 AM
Lawrencew
Senior User
So I talked with my parts guy today and he quoted me EGR delete $390 , 4" exhaust with muffler $550, and bully dog tuner $1200ish . Does this sound ok, and what I'm needing? Advice please

Old 06-27-2016, 11:30 AM
hoseclamp
Elder User
You could get away with an EGR block off, they're $160-180 cdn, no need for exhaust unless you want one, dpf delete pipes you'll need, $200ish cdn for aluminized steel, tuner sounds about right. I'm just calling bullydog to get tuner checked out for errors.

Old 06-27-2016, 11:30 AM
EO2SeaBee
Hotshot
Received 95 Likes on 45 Posts
It can be done for less money. It really depends on what all you want. Deleting the EGR isn't a requirement. The tuner will shut it off anyway, and you unplug the throttle body. If you are ok with not having shift on the fly capability, a flash tuner with custom tunes works just fine.
SCT X4 Power Flash Competition Tuner 2015-2016 Ford Powerstroke 6.7

Old 06-27-2016, 07:27 PM
hoseclamp
Elder User
BD scrubbed and reloaded the tuner, back into the truck, still sucks, confused down low then BRAAAAAP once 20lbs of boost and up. Should have SCT tuner tomorrow afternoon, will try that out, if it's still strange, will have to track backwards and remove flow changes on the intake, and go from there. Might have a confused MAF, but that would of shown a check engine I'm sure. Adding a second magnaflow muffler, noise is better but needs to go further, once loaded up it will drone, can't have that, wife will complain. Lol.

Old 06-27-2016, 07:37 PM
Lawrencew
Senior User
Originally Posted by hoseclamp
BD scrubbed and reloaded the tuner, back into the truck, still sucks, confused down low then BRAAAAAP once 20lbs of boost and up. Should have SCT tuner tomorrow afternoon, will try that out, if it's still strange, will have to track backwards and remove flow changes on the intake, and go from there. Might have a confused MAF, but that would of shown a check engine I'm sure. Adding a second magnaflow muffler, noise is better but needs to go further, once loaded up it will drone, can't have that, wife will complain. Lol.
So your going to try SCT as opposed to BD? I'm interested how that goes , I will hold off on purchase for now

Old 06-27-2016, 07:43 PM
hoseclamp
Elder User
So your going to try SCT as opposed to BD? I'm interested how that goes , I will hold off on purchase for now
Going to try it out, I had one awesome day with current configuration, the guru at AMDP is sure it's tuning related since we have zero intake leaks, so we will see what happens. BD wants a chance to update and try a few different things too, I have more than one diesel running around here so all my equipment can be used somewhere else. Sometimes these things take some finess, I prefer to dyno tune anything I tweak or change, never cared for generic mass production applies to everyone the same, sure most of the time it's fine, but sometimes it takes some work. I'll be tweaking until I make or break, worst case I'm going back to full emission. Hope I don't though, when it worked, this setup REALLY cranked out power

Old 06-27-2016, 08:55 PM
cappa
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
For what it's worth i haven't heard too many people with positive reviews of the bd tuner. Seems like most either go with sct with pip or alberta speed tunes or spartan sounds like it is really good but a bit more money. A friend of mine had a bd prob 4 or 5 months back and had alot of problems as well and ended up going to a sct.

Old 06-27-2016, 09:10 PM
hoseclamp
Elder User
Originally Posted by cappa
For what it's worth i haven't heard too many people with positive reviews of the bd tuner. Seems like most either go with sct with pip or alberta speed tunes or spartan sounds like it is really good but a bit more money. A friend of mine had a bd prob 4 or 5 months back and had alot of problems as well and ended up going to a sct.
All feedback is good . We see how the SCT works tomorrow, I'm sure it will arrive by the afternoon.

Quick Reply: Delete almost done