2017+ Super Duty The 2017+ Ford F250, F350, F450 and F550 Super Duty Pickup and Chassis Cab

Anyone having second thoughts on color choice?

Search this Thread

Old 06-21-2016, 02:32 PM
PFG
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Anyone having second thoughts on color choice?

The waiting process makes a man think too much about his order...including color choice. I've got Blue Jean Metallic on order, but this heat wave is making me want a light colored truck, white platinum or silver.

Anyone else debating a color change?

Of course my order has not been scheduled, so to my knowledge, I can still change.

Old 06-21-2016, 02:41 PM
tima597
Freshman User
I was for a minute. Ordered Caribou and was second guessing it. Drove back around the dealer the other day and saw a 2016 in Caribou which reassured me.

Old 06-21-2016, 04:40 PM
MadWolf
Tuned
A black car heats up faster than an identical white car. (From Pilot 2)
confirmed
A fan wrote in and asked a follow up question: “Does the color of a car affect the way it heats up?”. The MythBusters used two identical cars, one black the other white and left them both out in the summer heat with thermometers in both. By mid-afternoon the black car had heated up to a temperature of 135 °F while the white car topped off at 126 °F, almost 10 degrees cooler.

Old 06-21-2016, 07:22 PM
RainDesert
Cargo Master
Received 34 Likes on 27 Posts
Still think about it every time I hear/see white gold. I originally ordered white gold as I have been wanting a tan SD for some time. In some pics I really liked then some I did not so much. In the end I switched to my normal white not knowing for sure how it would look in person. I hope it looks great and I will have probably wished I kept my original order. If it was called white tan, light tan, or tan, I may have not changed.

Old 06-21-2016, 07:32 PM
hollapm
Tuned
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by RainDesert
Still think about it every time I hear/see white gold. I originally ordered white gold as I have been wanting a tan SD for some time. In some pics I really liked then some I did not so much. In the end I switched to my normal white not knowing for sure how it would look in person. I hope it looks great and I will have probably wished I kept my original order. If it was called white tan, light tan, or tan, I may have not changed.
I'm in the same boat. I switched to the Tri-Coat color as I was not certain how the White Gold would look on the SuperDuty. I only saw it on a Fusion and thought on a large vehicle like the SuperDuty I would not be in love, but remember seeing suburbans in the Champagne color which I think is close and always thinking they are nice in person. In the end I may think White Gold is a better Choice but going with the Tri-Coat it should be a color which last a lifetime. Personally Blue Jean is my favorite color but they do not offer it in Platinum

Old 06-21-2016, 08:57 PM
daVincidoc
Senior User
Originally I had decided on KR with White Gold since could not get Platinum White in monochrome KR. I became uneasy that I would not care for the color(likely wrong) but switched to 450 Platinum plus in Platinum White. I have a 2015 F350 dually in Platinum white and really like it. It seems to take fewer washings to keep looking nice and at $10-12 for a good scrub wash on the beast it is worth it I guess.

Old 06-21-2016, 09:53 PM
Kenv
Posting Guru
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by hollapm
I'm in the same boat. I switched to the Tri-Coat color as I was not certain how the White Gold would look on the SuperDuty. I only saw it on a Fusion and thought on a large vehicle like the SuperDuty I would not be in love, but remember seeing suburbans in the Champagne color which I think is close and always thinking they are nice in person. In the end I may think White Gold is a better Choice but going with the Tri-Coat it should be a color which last a lifetime. Personally Blue Jean is my favorite color but they do not offer it in Platinum
Yep Hollapm...I'm in the same boat. Love the Blue Jeans but wanted a Platinum. So I went with Silver. I'm coming from Oxford White...so i'm partial to the lighter colors...but REALLY like the Blue. It looks great solid so not sure why Ford didn't make it available in the Platty.

Old 06-21-2016, 10:04 PM
Azuretruck
Laughing Gas
Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
I ordered black and then switched to white platinum and now back to black

Old 06-21-2016, 10:57 PM
bowler304
Senior User
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Ordered a white platinum like my F150 Platinum, but really want a blue jeans but that will be available next year when I don't need it,

I am just not a fan of the KR interior, too close to poo for my liking.

Old 06-21-2016, 11:18 PM
jonesark
Freshman User
Ordered white gold mono but saw it on the lot (fusion) and now I'm thinking maybe not.....it was so flat looking. May change my color to black or white platinum.

Old 06-22-2016, 01:06 AM
PokerMunkee
Senior User
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Seems the white gold guys are reconsidering the most. Regular white or Silver are can't go wrong choices! Silver is the best at hiding dirt/scratches and is timeless. Some think it's a bit boring tho.

Old 06-22-2016, 05:30 AM
troverman
Hotshot
Received 533 Likes on 257 Posts
Yeah, the white gold guys commented a lot earlier as well. It's a new color so naturally people are interested. I think it will be fine. I've had the tri coat white, it's a beauty. I'm sticking with my original blue jeans, though.

Old 06-22-2016, 07:51 AM
EightySecond
Elder User
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I am getting a Platinum and knew I liked black. There was a day or so that I second guessed myself but after looking at the other options I knew it was the only choice for me so easy to put that doubt to bed.

Old 06-22-2016, 08:54 AM
rocket_scientist
Senior User
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by bowler304
I am just not a fan of the KR interior, too close to poo for my liking.
That's part of the farm experience. (trust me)

Old 06-22-2016, 09:26 AM
2009kr
Posting Guru
Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts
No ruby red? I was planing on a monotone ruby red, but seeing it on the F150, it was too much of a red wall look for me. Back to dual-tone ruby red king ranch.

I'm waiting a few months to order though. The 2011 6.7 Job-1 valve issue has me wanting to wait for Job-2, which should start taking orders in October or so. With so many changes, I figure there may be a few bugs to work out.

Quick Reply: Anyone having second thoughts on color choice?