Sponsored by: Moser

Extended warranty plans

Search this Thread

Old 06-15-2016, 06:31 PM
Pgh Rebel
Fleet Mechanic
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Extended warranty plans

Hi everyone, looking for a little bit of advice here.
I bought my 2012 just about 2 months ago, only has 30,000 miles on it. I am very interested in buying an extended warranty for it. My first thought is to purchase one through Ford, but with all of the posts I've been reading on these forums on here it doesn't seem to be worth much as a lot of dealer's simply don't want to do any warranty work.
But then the problem with many third party warranties is finding a good shop that will honor them. And with most of those, you still have to pay the full bill and then hope that the warranty company reimburses you. I have the truck financed through my credit union and they offered me a third party warranty plan when I signed the loan, but I wanted to look into it more, plus it would have added to my monthly payment. My wife was already stressing about that enough as it was. Now that I've sold my other truck, I have the money that I can write a check for a warranty plan. But I don't want to throw my money away.
I know the Premium ESP plan from Ford can be expensive, but if the dealer that I use for service will work with me, then it might be worth it. Honestly I haven't been there for a warranty claim since I haven't had a warranty on a vehicle in over 8 years. The work that they have done for me has been paid out of pocket.
Does anyone know if Troy is still on these forums selling Ford Extended Warranty Plan's at somewhat discounted prices? Thanks for the help everyone.

Old 06-16-2016, 06:52 AM
Len Ford
New User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
He is. He just sent me a quote.
Here's his email: tdietrich@fd-warranty.com
Good luck!

Old 06-16-2016, 12:51 PM
Olytlr
Elder User
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
You are past the 3/36k bumper to bumper so a used vehicle warranty through Ford is not going to be cheap. Also, your truck is a pretty basic model without a bunch of electronic gadgetry or turbos to worry about. I would just sock a little away in an account somewhere in case you need it.

Old 06-16-2016, 07:27 PM
Pgh Rebel
Fleet Mechanic
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Originally Posted by Len Ford
He is. He just sent me a quote.
Here's his email: tdietrich@fd-warranty.com
Good luck!
Thanks for providing me with Troy's email Len!
As for putting money away for repairs and not buying the warranty; I have considered that option, but this truck still has way more electronic wizardry on it than I am used to, or than what I am comfortable with for that matter. I'm just not a tech guy, and I've never been very comfortable with high-tech electronics. I like stuff to be simple, and newer vehicles aren't simple. I feel like for my own peace of mind, I need to at least price out a warranty plan. If the warranty plan is too expensive, then I will keep that money set aside in case of repairs. As well as a credit card with no limit!