2017+ Super Duty The 2017+ Ford F250, F350, F450 and F550 Super Duty Pickup and Chassis Cab

King Ranch and Platinum - “premium vinyl” floors

Search this Thread

Old 06-09-2016, 11:26 AM
hollapm
Tuned
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
King Ranch and Platinum - “premium vinyl” floors

I just saw pictures released of the “premium vinyl” floors for the Superduty which I currently have on order. The spec sheet list that they come with carpeted and all weather floor mats Major product changes page 24.

Mud and money welcome in new Ford trucks

Does anyone have any thoughts or experience if the premium vinyl floors will make for a louder interior as carpet absorbs quite a bit of road noise, and I imagine that there is no padding under the vinyl? Also will the carpet floors appear more luxurious and therefore going with a set of WeatherTec floor mats make more sense? I don't see needing to wash out my interior on a regular basis but possibly a couple of times a year after a wet Scouting trip pulling a trailer and hauling kids.

Old 06-09-2016, 12:38 PM
Capt. Ted
Mountain Pass
Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
All-Weather Floor Mats are available on Super Duty XLT and LARIAT.

Vinyl Premium Floor Covering is available for Super Duty King Ranch® and Platinum.

Both of the above are listed as options on Platinum. I love the WeatherTec in my Navigator. I'm with hollapm, which of my options are worthy of a Super Duty?

Old 06-09-2016, 12:51 PM
Troy Moore
New User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I was wondering about this option as well... why is a vinyl floor covering considered "premium"? I would think this is something you'd want in a work truck, not necessarily a daily driver -- or a truck that will not be used for work. I haven't seen pictures of it. Do you find them on Ford's build & price website?

Old 06-09-2016, 12:59 PM
hollapm
Tuned
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by Troy Moore
I was wondering about this option as well... why is a vinyl floor covering considered "premium"? I would think this is something you'd want in a work truck, not necessarily a daily driver -- or a truck that will not be used for work. I haven't seen pictures of it. Do you find them on Ford's build & price website?
Click on this link.
Mud and money welcome in new Ford trucks | | Dallas Morning News

Old 06-09-2016, 01:11 PM
Troy Moore
New User
Oops! Guess I should have clicked on that article in your first post! Thanks for that!

I personally won't be using my truck for anything that'll get it too dirty so I don't think I want this option.

Old 06-09-2016, 01:22 PM
AK_SuperDuty
Elder User
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
I was very excited with the carpet delete option on the Lariat I ordered. Carpet in pickups is a terrible idea. I can't even stand carpet in a house much less a vehicle I drive around that will be exposed to all sorts of crap. These vinyl floors on the upper level trims and carpet delete on the lower level trims is a welcomed addition.

Old 06-09-2016, 01:37 PM
Capt. Ted
Mountain Pass
Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
I like the idea of the all vinyl.
Maybe my Black Lab will be allowed to ride upfront with the humans.

Old 06-09-2016, 03:00 PM
EightySecond
Elder User
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I am planning on buying a set of Weathertech liners for my truck, only like $50 more than this option for Premium mats and supposedly way better... although that's just what I have read, have not owned any.

Old 06-09-2016, 05:19 PM
Xwild
Elder User
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Love my weathertech floor mats. saves the carpeting so the next person wll pay more for the truck.

Old 06-12-2016, 01:39 PM
Nearly Normal Mike
Senior User
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I am happy with my Huskey Weatherbeaters.

Old 06-14-2016, 02:35 PM
my_crib_too
Cargo Master
Received 1,183 Likes on 364 Posts
Originally Posted by AK_SuperDuty
I was very excited with the carpet delete option on the Lariat I ordered. Carpet in pickups is a terrible idea. I can't even stand carpet in a house much less a vehicle I drive around that will be exposed to all sorts of crap. These vinyl floors on the upper level trims and carpet delete on the lower level trims is a welcomed addition.
I've never understood carpet in a truck either. Carpet delete and vinyl floors sound great!

bruce...

Old 06-14-2016, 03:54 PM
Dim Sum
Cargo Master
Received 32 Likes on 15 Posts
I agree. I'd have to see the "premium vinyl" before I hit the buy button, but I'd be much more inclined to have it than carpet...as long as it was just as quiet.

Old 06-18-2016, 02:49 AM
Marching Ant
Senior User
Does anyone know the difference between the "carpet delete" option for XLT and Lariat vs. the "premium vinyl" for King Ranch and Platinum? The carpet delete is less expensive and I presume it's what comes standard in the XL, but I don't understand the practical difference between this and the up-sell premium version. Apologies if I've missed it elsewhere.

Old 06-18-2016, 08:34 AM
EightySecond
Elder User
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Unless I am mistaken, carpet delete is no carpet and vinyl floors. Premium vinyl come with a carpet floor plus the carpet floor mats that the truck would normally come with but when you add that Premium option it also comes with additional vinyl mats too.

Old 06-18-2016, 11:14 AM
Azuretruck
Laughing Gas
Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by EightySecond
Unless I am mistaken, carpet delete is no carpet and vinyl floors. Premium vinyl come with a carpet floor plus the carpet floor mats that the truck would normally come with but when you add that Premium option it also comes with additional vinyl mats too.
I think the floor is vinyl and the truck comes with carpet and all weather floor mats.

Quick Reply: King Ranch and Platinum - “premium vinyl” floors