Summer 2016 General BS Thread

Search this Thread

Old 06-07-2016, 01:11 PM
ncheavymetal
Postmaster
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Summer 2016 General BS Thread

Let's get summer started.

No rest for the wicked. This week we have all sorts of things going on every single evening. I've been out of town the last few weekends working on various projects.

Hope everyone is well.

Here's to a fun Summer.

Old 06-07-2016, 03:30 PM
FordxFour
Posting Guru
Hey Josh, thanks for sharing the pics. Looks like ya'll had a good time.

Here's to a great summer everyone.

Old 06-07-2016, 05:17 PM
Sparky83
FTE Legend
Received 94 Likes on 60 Posts
howdy NC....

Old 06-08-2016, 05:51 AM
ubereal2
Post Fiend
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
A little time playing on the computer this morning, then outside to see if I can get the truck washed, clay bared, and waxed. Then get my pork shoulder prepped so it can spend the day in the smoker tomorrow.

Y'all behave

Old 06-08-2016, 08:09 AM
Benztechnc
FTE Chapter Leader
Received 17 Likes on 17 Posts
Temperatures are getting upwards of 80 degrees, so it certainly is starting to feel a little warmer around here. I've washed Lucille twice since getting back from the coast and I'm still finding stuff on her paint. Guess she'll get another bath tonight. The jeep's interior got soaked through out, that happens when the top is down and we get a downpour. I've been sitting it out in the sun trying to dry it out some. It's about time for the top to come off for summer, and cruising it through town. I've got a wedding to attend this weekend, and then I think I'm finally into my summer weekends around the house..

Bob, make sure you take before and after pictures of the truck. I'd like to see the transformation.

James, Starting in a couple of weeks i'll have some free weekends. Let me know if you need help on any of those projects.

Hope everyone is doing well. Ya'll be safe.

Old 06-08-2016, 08:45 AM
ubereal2
Post Fiend
Originally Posted by Benztechnc

Bob, make sure you take before and after pictures of the truck. I'd like to see the transformation.
Kind of late for that one
But the one I wish I did, take pictures of would have been Shari's Escape. And some video too, so you could hear the difference in the sound of a hand rubbing the surface. It's a night and day difference. My truck wasn't near as bad, not even close. I did notice that Shari's Escape and my truck had a green film that came off. I'm thinking that's our North Carolina Pollen.
Well, better get back outside and see about getting the wax on there. Then some errands done.

Old 06-08-2016, 09:37 AM
axidjw
Elder User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
its supposed to get 89 here in teh mountains this weekend and sunny. Thats unheard of for us here this early in the summer. Work has had me super busy this last week and also for next two weeks. Im the CIO for the ymca's of WNC stationed at hq in AVL and we are building north carolinas first ymca residence camp. You drop your kid off for a (week, two weeks or a month). It sits on a beautiful 1000 acres that the Cherokee gave to us in the nantahala forest near bryson city and franklin, nc. It sits in a valley on top of a mountain overlooking the nantahala river. Me trying to get technology out there has been nothing put teeth pulling for me and my people..ughh
hopefully we will be open by next monday, opening day. ill be glad when we are done. 14 hour days/7 days a week are getting old quick..lol
btw, its open to anyone so if you have ankle biters, send them our way. Its something those children will never forget and its on a sliding financial scale.
YMCA CAMP WATIA | YMCA of Western North Carolina

Old 06-08-2016, 09:52 AM
ncheavymetal
Postmaster
John, That's cool you are so involved with the Y program. My family and I are as well. We volunteer at camps and various events throughout the year. We just got back from Camp Seafarer last month. We ran the BB range for the y-guides weekends. Love to see my kids working in service to others. They don't quite realize the impact they are making for other kids.
We will be in Black Mountain in Late August headed to Camp Rockmont for the weekend. Maybe we can grab an early dinner on Friday on our way up. I'll send you a message before we leave.

Josh, you certainly have been busy lately. Looks like you are having fun. This wedding your are attending, it's not yours is it? Were you going to invite the cue crew?

Old 06-08-2016, 10:01 AM
Benztechnc
FTE Chapter Leader
Originally Posted by ncheavymetal
John, That's cool you are so involved with the Y program. My family and I are as well. We volunteer at camps and various events throughout the year. We just got back from Camp Seafarer last month. We ran the BB range for the y-guides weekends. Love to see my kids working in service to others. They don't quite realize the impact they are making for other kids.
We will be in Black Mountain in Late August headed to Camp Rockmont for the weekend. Maybe we can grab an early dinner on Friday on our way up. I'll send you a message before we leave.

Josh, you certainly have been busy lately. Looks like you are having fun. This wedding your are attending, it's not yours is it? Were you going to invite the cue crew?
NO! this is not my wedding, thankfully! Though I am trying to get my Best Man's Speech written today. Guess I do procrastinate on some things.

Old 06-08-2016, 10:06 AM
Benztechnc
FTE Chapter Leader
Originally Posted by axidjw
its supposed to get 89 here in teh mountains this weekend and sunny. Thats unheard of for us here this early in the summer. Work has had me super busy this last week and also for next two weeks. Im the CIO for the ymca's of WNC stationed at hq in AVL and we are building north carolinas first ymca residence camp. You drop your kid off for a (week, two weeks or a month). It sits on a beautiful 1000 acres that the Cherokee gave to us in the nantahala forest near bryson city and franklin, nc. It sits in a valley on top of a mountain overlooking the nantahala river. Me trying to get technology out there has been nothing put teeth pulling for me and my people..ughh
hopefully we will be open by next monday, opening day. ill be glad when we are done. 14 hour days/7 days a week are getting old quick..lol
btw, its open to anyone so if you have ankle biters, send them our way. Its something those children will never forget and its on a sliding financial scale.
YMCA CAMP WATIA | YMCA of Western North Carolina

Used to go bowling in Franklin on the weekends. Neat little town. I've also been down the Nantahala once or twice in a canoe. Very fun river if I remember correctly. Of course, Bryson City has Deep Creek, a nice relaxing day on an inner tube sounds like a good time to me right now. What's the hold up with the technology. Anything us Ford Guys can help out with?

Old 06-08-2016, 01:27 PM
ubereal2
Post Fiend
The truck is finished, other than RainX, and that's for tomorrow. Been to North Raleigh to the spice shop for dry rub and other goodies. My butt is finished for the day.

Y'all be safe.

Old 06-08-2016, 05:16 PM
77mud
Lead Driver
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I'm setting here patiently(not) waiting on the big brown ups truck to show up with my new spider gears. They weren't supposed to be here tell friday, but are out for delivery today. I can't work on it tell Saturday, and don't have another race tell July 16.... but I'm pacing waiting for them to show up.

Once I get the front end fixed it'll be move on to the water pump and fan. If the time and funds allow it may get a new master cylinder, the brakes are sketchy at best, which kills my launch.

Old 06-09-2016, 07:20 AM
ubereal2
Post Fiend
I have coffee to finish this morning, then a good coat of Rain X on the Escape and the truck. Yard gets mowed this morning, and firing up the weed eater.

Old 06-10-2016, 06:35 AM
ubereal2
Post Fiend
Smoker is already stoked and has an almost 9 pound Pork Shoulder in there. Today I'm using a mix of Cherry, and Hickory woods.
Now to fire up that weed eater, and spend the day outside.

Y'all behave

Old 06-10-2016, 07:12 AM
fuzzy1626
Cargo Master
Received 19 Likes on 18 Posts
Summer, already?...

Quick Reply: Summer 2016 General BS Thread