1967 - 1972 F-100 & Larger F-Series Trucks Discuss the Bumpsides Ford Truck

Out of the Blue

Search this Thread

Old 06-02-2016, 06:04 PM
ultraranger
Lead Driver
Received 26 Likes on 23 Posts
Out of the Blue

Last night, just out of the blue, my wife says for our 10 year anniversary (next April) she wants to get the interior of my truck redone. While she was at it, she says I need to install bucket seats and lower the truck.

Women. Always wanting to spend money. Fortunately, this time it's for a cause I can actually support.

Old 06-02-2016, 07:03 PM
HIO Silver
Post Fiend
Received 58 Likes on 48 Posts
Tell her, "Ya know hon, I like it the way it is. I worked really hard a restraining myself. How about we just get another F100?"

Old 06-02-2016, 07:43 PM
Randle
Fleet Mechanic
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by ultraranger
Last night, just out of the blue, my wife says for our 10 year anniversary (next April) she wants to get the interior of my truck redone. While she was at it, she says I need to install bucket seats and lower the truck.

Women. Always wanting to spend money. Fortunately, this time it's for a cause I can actually support.
Sounds like my kind of Lady, looks like you have some planning to do.

Old 06-02-2016, 09:18 PM
72CC428
Posting Guru
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
First thing I'd ask my wife is.... So, who is he?

Old 06-02-2016, 10:12 PM
ultraranger
Lead Driver
Originally Posted by 72CC428
First thing I'd ask my wife is.... So, who is he?
If wife version 1.0 and I were still married, tomorrow would have been our 27th wedding anniversary. She was never supportive of my automotive interests and has a whole lot to do with why my '68 Mustang pretty much just sat for years doing nothing but collecting dust. It was deemed a "frivolous expense that didn't benefit the family." (her exact words).

Wife version 2.0 and I have been together for 13 years and married for just over 9 now. She has always been supportive of my vehicular interests and has never given me any flack about my vehicles. She's actually the one that told me I should go look at the truck I have now, when I showed her the ad for it back in April, 2011.

Wife version 2.0 is a pretty cool gal and I count my blessings that I have her --it was also her idea to have some pictures made with my old truck.

Name:  June82014SteveandMelody_zps8db6bef8.jpeg
Views: 125
Size:  121.6 KB

And yes, wife v2.0 does have a name. It's Melody.

Name:  SteveampMelody2010_zps67adb5e4.jpg
Views: 117
Size:  27.3 KB

Old 06-02-2016, 10:55 PM
Coastal68
Fleet Mechanic
Received 32 Likes on 29 Posts
That's wonderful. She sounds like a great gal. Pretty too. A wife who supports you is a great blessing.

Whatcha gonna do to the interior of your truck?

Old 06-03-2016, 08:09 AM
ultraranger
Lead Driver
Originally Posted by Coastal68
That's wonderful. She sounds like a great gal. Pretty too. A wife who supports you is a great blessing.

Whatcha gonna do to the interior of your truck?
I wasn't planning this early to re-do the interior. The next major thing I wanted to do was add A/C. Since this has come up though, I haven't really had time to sit down and figure out all the details of what it's going to cost to replace/re-do things plus, I don't know yet what the dollar amount is my wife is planning to spend towards this.

She doesn't like the bench seat so, if I go with buckets, that means having to come up with seat brackets --Bill W on here is no longer making them but Keystone63, also a member here at FTE, is taking over producing the bucket seat brackets.

The carpet and the dash pad needs to be replaced. I installed new reproduction stock door panels last year but a custom set would be nice. Dynamat or equivalent would be nice. The dark window tint was on the truck when I bought it. I would like to take it off and install new tint that's about 35% instead of the really dark 5% that's currently there.

I installed the headliner from a wrecking yard '69 F100 back in September but, it would be nice to have (or make) a new one.

I have some bucket seats that came out of a '90 Mustang GT that would need to be reupholstered. It has adjustable thigh bolsters, a slide out at the front, lower portion of the seats and power lumbar support. The sliding seat tracks from my '68 Mustang will attach to the bottom of the '90 Mustang GT seats simply by drilling one hole on each side at the rear of the seat frames to bolt the seats to the sliders.

I'll just have to figure out what the budget is and then start looking around for the best prices on the things I can get to replace the old worn out stuff.

Old 06-03-2016, 09:09 AM
DLW-70-F100
Senior User
Nice having such a supportive wife. I am lucky enough my wife has pretty loose reigns when it comes to me and my projects.

For the bucket seat brackets, I bought mine from ebay, probably from Bill, and they are still selling them there...

Ranger F100 1967 to 1979 Ford Truck Bucket Seat Brackets | eBay

I have similar interior plans as you. Have already collected nice door panels and arm rests in Black (my interior is red and black and changing it all to black). Haven't decided on seats yet but I think they will be low back.

Be interested to see how yours turn out but it's hard to wait an entire year, lol...

Old 06-03-2016, 09:37 AM
hardlyrider
Senior User
I can see you are both too young to appreciate the bench seat. My generation thought buckets seats in any car were cool and sporty looking before we were old enough to actually drive. By that time, everyone wanted a bench so our date could sit close. Sounds like you have some great plans, but if the budget will allow, I'd start with the A/C. It's hot enough in Ark for you to appreciate that!

Old 06-03-2016, 09:45 AM
ultraranger
Lead Driver
Originally Posted by hardlyrider
I can see you are both too young to appreciate the bench seat. My generation thought buckets seats in any car were cool and sporty looking before we were old enough to actually drive. By that time, everyone wanted a bench so our date could sit close. Sounds like you have some great plans, but if the budget will allow, I'd start with the A/C. It's hot enough in Ark for you to appreciate that!
I'm probably older than you think I am. In three months, my biological odometer turns over to 50.

Old 06-03-2016, 10:27 AM
DLW-70-F100
Senior User
I'm probably older than you think I am. In three months, my biological odometer turns over to 50.
Funny you say that, I turn 50 this month...

I am all to familiar with bench seats and I like them just fine. Mine is cosmetically in good shape, springs and foam need some help though. I like the idea of buckets as a replacement and I want a center console.

My 66 C10 I just had the bench completely rebuilt and covered in leather, I'll leave that one alone..

Old 06-03-2016, 01:51 PM
Freightrain
Lead Driver

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Dang, I go 50 next month. Geez o pete where did the time go??

Glad you have a good one. I've got a good one also. Doesn't like talk like "I think I'll sell this as I don't really use it much". She refuses and says I don't need to get rid of anything. Saywhat? One of the first dates we watched "Duel" because she wanted to. Saywhat? She gives me money towards my racing activities(she demands to).

My best friend had the "ring-flip" issue with his girlfriend, now fiance'. Gave her the ring and she flipped: now hot rods are stupid and why are you wasting so much time, blah, blah, blah. We just roll our eyes, because she was the complete opposite when she was "single and looking".
It was deemed a "frivolous expense that didn't benefit the family." (her exact words)
That sounds awfully familiar, though it is more like "that is not helping OUR future". Ya, more like HER future.

I never cared for bench seats. Just not comfortable for me. Put buckets in my '69 28 yrs ago. My '64 Galaxie has the split bench only cause I haven't got around to getting something else for it. I kinda like the bench seat and 4 speed look so I haven't worked hard at changing it.

Old 06-03-2016, 03:35 PM
CougarJohn
Posting Guru
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
You are a cool, sharp guy Ultra. You deserve the lovely wife that you have. Cherish, protect, don't wander.

Almost every decision that I have made in life was the wrong one. But I got the big one right. We have our 56th wedding anniversary in November. I married and never looked back.

I put that woman through hell through the years in the Marine Corps and the awful years after the war. And still she sticks.

Semper Fi

Old 06-03-2016, 04:04 PM
MIKES 68 F100
Logistics Pro
Received 21 Likes on 15 Posts
she's a keeper !!
you are a lucky man

Old 06-03-2016, 04:41 PM
JEFFFAFA
Hotshot
Received 169 Likes on 149 Posts

Wife version 2.0 is a pretty cool gal and I count my blessings that I have her --it was also her idea to have some pictures made with my old truck.

And yes, wife v2.0 does have a name. It's Melody.

Now if this isn't a Dang Good Lookin' couple I don't know what is. Steve, good job on finding her and treating her Right. Melody, I read in your eyes a big O' heart and a little bit of a fire cracker. It is my hopes You just keep being You. You two are both AWESOME people. Just like I did for Randle and his wife, I tip my hat to you two.

I don't know why my computer makes these pics bigger than they are. Sorry.

Quick Reply: Out of the Blue