Arkansas Chapter Join Chapter Leader: Kramercd

June chat & general BS thread

Search this Thread

Old 06-01-2016, 04:15 PM
mechmagcn
Logistics Pro
Received 46 Likes on 32 Posts
June chat & general BS thread

Well, I guess since no one else will, I'll start this month off.
Its raining here on the first of the month, probably gonna rain at least 15 more days. I knew I shouldn't have planted a garden again.

Old 06-01-2016, 09:27 PM
cookie88
Hotshot
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by mechmagcn
Well, I guess since no one else will, I'll start this month off.
Its raining here on the first of the month, probably gonna rain at least 15 more days. I knew I shouldn't have planted a garden again.
Well I was gonna, but I just sat down. Happy June!

Old 06-03-2016, 08:49 AM
mechmagcn
Logistics Pro
Well, went to see Kenny Chesney in Rogers last night, figured we'd get seriously wet, but the rain held off. It was a great show as Kenny always does. Guess its time to head for home and stay for while.
We're on a water well with a few neighbors and there's been a falling out. Found out Tues that I've got to drill a well of my own. With no access for a rig I guess I'll do it the hard way with a portable rig. Found one that'll drill to 200' in a kit with casing and screen for a little over $3K, figure I can sink a well, rent it to my other neighbor who has to do the same and then resale the rig for $2K or so. Maybe I can come out with a good well without breaking the bank.

Old 06-03-2016, 11:02 PM
cookie88
Hotshot
You're what.... 3' above the water table? LOL. 200' should be plenty deep.

Old 06-04-2016, 12:42 AM
tojoski
Posting Guru
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by cookie88
You're what.... 3' above the water table? LOL. 200' should be plenty deep.
I was just thinking that.. it cant be too far.

around here, you generally hit water about 60 - 70 ft down.

Old 06-04-2016, 06:44 AM
mechmagcn
Logistics Pro
There's 2 wells here that are 100-150ft. deep that the water smells bad and has lots of minerals. The current well is 200ft. and is great water. Yeah, I could easily blow a well 50' that would supply clean water if I put in a chlorine injection system for the stench.

Old 06-05-2016, 06:27 PM
mechmagcn
Logistics Pro
Still making a little progress on the Harley. Figure that's gonna stop when I start drilling the well, but at least I have almost all of the parts gathered to put it together.

Old 06-05-2016, 06:35 PM
cookie88
Hotshot
In my experience bad water can not be fully worked around. If you can get to clear water definitely do it.

Of course, I'm not telling you anything new.

Bike is coming along nicely

Old 06-05-2016, 07:53 PM
mechmagcn
Logistics Pro
Originally Posted by cookie88
In my experience bad water can not be fully worked around. If you can get to clear water definitely do it.

Of course, I'm not telling you anything new.

Bike is coming along nicely
That's the reason I plan to go to 200'. The well that's 100' smells and produces quite a bit of black sand. The one that's at 150 smells like rotten eggs and has lots of minerals.

As for the Harley, if it was closer to home I would already be riding it, but with it 50 miles away my time there is limited. At this rate I might get in some riding this fall. ;-)

Old 06-06-2016, 01:06 AM
Sam I Am
Posting Guru
Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts
On the long side, so bear with me.

I had a pretty good weekend.
Friday I went to a funeral at the Fort Smith National Cemetery. A long ago friend was laid to rest with full Military Marine honors. It was sad and very interesting at the same time, it was the first Marine funeral I have attended to witness the full military honors with a 21 gun salute and flag folding by uniformed Marines, etc. He was a Viet Nam vet, medic in the Corps. I would imagine he saw some pretty horrific stuff. When that ended he went into the Army. After his service he had a good career in the medical field and raised a family. He survived the war and he survived coming home, so he was a lot better off than many of his fellow Viet Nam vets.
I have heard that one of the things people would say about the end of their life is that they "want to stop traffic" on the way to their final resting place. He certainly did that. He was a member of 2 MC clubs and they made quite the parade on the way downtown of cops, Caddies, bikes, and cars. R.I.P. John "joker" Quakenbush. He is going to be missed by a lot of people until the end of their days.
So that was sad, but also impressively awesome to see the final result of respect earned.

Saturday I went to a wedding of a guy I went to high school with. He is the Arkansas Chapter President of BACA. That was a totally happy occasion. The setting was a scenic small lake on private property within the city limits but with the feel of being well out of town. There was great food and music in a festive happy atmosphere. They really did it up right and it is a match that was meant to be.
Then later I went to a friend's house and he helped me diagnose and fix a couple of problems on an old vehicle I bought to flip. Mission accomplished there, none of it was as bad as I was expecting.

And today I was invited to a private gathering of local musicians.
No alcohol, no drugs by strict rule as it was at a private residence.
And Sunday.
A concert FOR professional musicians BY professional musicians. It was really good. There was a variety of music, from an authorized Merle Haggard tribute band to Jazz to Rock & Roll and various genres in between as people would get up to jam with different bands. That sort of scene may not be everyone's cup of tea, but I found it extraordinary that so much talent was all focused in one space.
Also, there was catered food grilled chicken and pulled pork with fixings and 2 kinds of cake.

This was the best weekend I have had in a long time. The weather worked out, amongst all the festivities I got some much needed uninterrupted sleep during a rain shower; which for me seems to be the best sleep there is. I got some work done on a couple of vehicles that I have been putting off, and I had a stellar time on 3 separate occasions. It was great enough that I felt like sharing.

Old 06-06-2016, 04:58 PM
mechmagcn
Logistics Pro
Sounds like you've been busy!

Old 06-07-2016, 05:50 AM
Sam I Am
Posting Guru
Making up for lost time. I have been sick more than I have been well this year. 3 confirmed cases of pneumonia just since the first of the year.

Old 06-07-2016, 06:05 AM
mechmagcn
Logistics Pro
Originally Posted by Sam I Am
Making up for lost time. I have been sick more than I have been well this year. 3 confirmed cases of pneumonia just since the first of the year.
Wow! That's no fun. :-(

Old 06-07-2016, 06:41 PM
cookie88
Hotshot
That's a cool weekend. What sort of professional musician are you?

Old 06-07-2016, 08:09 PM
Sam I Am
Posting Guru
I haven't played professionally since the 80s, I was included due to being on the Board of Directors of the Fort Smith Riverfront Blues Society. Show is coming up last weekend of June. Come on out, should be a great time.

Quick Reply: June chat & general BS thread