Missouri Chapter Join Chapter , Leader:77&79F250

Juneo what month it is? First day of summer is coming.

Search this Thread

Old 06-24-2016, 06:07 PM
earthquake68
Hotshot
Received 256 Likes on 193 Posts
Evening Everyone!

Well, I didn't get a lot done at the shop. I hobbled in there with grand intentions, but that quickly got dashed against the rocks when I took a step and a lightning bolt went from the middle of my back, down my right leg, then back up to my left shoulder. I actually cried a little. That freakin' hurt. I crawled over to the workbench and called the doc for an appointment. Yeah, THAT'S what it takes for me to call the doctor.

Old 06-24-2016, 07:24 PM
whiskey runner
Lead Driver
Received 190 Likes on 174 Posts
good evening everyone.. sorry to hear you are down enough to see a doc alan.... sometimes i wonder when i should do the same..

larry we all know that you were around when Lincoln was assassinated.. .. we were half way thru the last century by the time i was ..

Old 06-25-2016, 06:46 AM
tcbofade
Hotshot
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Good morning boys, girls, senior citizens, AND Lincoln killers...

I spent WAY too much time in the yard yesterday...got a LOT done, lots of improvement, but I am sore this morning.

Old 06-25-2016, 08:06 AM
whiskey runner
Lead Driver
good morning missouri.. hope everyone made it thru the storms ok...

terry .. are you planning on going into the yard maintenance field.. i could use some grass cutting over this way..

Old 06-25-2016, 11:41 AM
earthquake68
Hotshot
Good Late Morning Everyone! I'm being a lazy bum this weekend. I got some medicine from the doc yesterday and feel SO MUCH better. It wasn't without a little drama, though. Long story short, after some ranger candy, I'll be back in the saddle again.

Old 06-25-2016, 10:18 PM
earthquake68
Hotshot
High Roller is back in the shop and ready to get the finish work done on it. First task is to get the fenders cut and the flairs put on. Then I need to get on the bodywork. There isn't much, but there's still some to do. I think the most extensive thing I have to do is shave the gas fill holes in the bed. Most everything else is superficial.

Old 06-26-2016, 07:50 AM
whiskey runner
Lead Driver
good morning misouri.. not sure how much i will get done today.. would like to get the flat-bump back together.. would like to change the turn signal switch so it will cancel, but not sure i have the parts laying around...
since most of my parts are here would also like to get the f350 finished up and out of my yard.. then the rest of the day i am going to rest..

Old 06-26-2016, 08:00 AM
John T super cab
Fleet Mechanic
Received 29 Likes on 28 Posts
Good morning , i meant does anyone have an extra F 200 79 or so ? I must have been hotter than i though . Alan you ok ?

Old 06-26-2016, 01:36 PM
earthquake68
Hotshot
Afternoon all!

I had some guy try to stop in and ask if Alice is for sale. Tiff overheard the conversation and told the guy, "He would get rid of ME before he got rid of that truck!" I'm not sure that's true, but that guy sure does have a better chance of seeing God than buying my truck.

I have some guy say he's coming up from Arkansas to look at the Ranchero. That was three and half hours ago. No word yet. Another guy asked me if it'll make it to Kansas City! I told him it made it around my building. That's the farthest I've driven it. I have no idea if this car I'm selling for $1,000 will make it over a hundred miles from here. The ad clearly states bring a trailer. People **** me off sometimes. If it doesn't sell by Monday or Tuesday, I'm gonna cut it up for parts. I'm sick of looking at it.

Old 06-26-2016, 09:37 PM
whiskey runner
Lead Driver
good evening all.. looks like a storm out there ... i am glad i did get a little done today.. i have the f250 running again after rebuilding the dist. and chopping out a lot of corroded wires and making a new harness..

then i worked on the flat-bump.. took the steering column apart to clean and lube the bearings.. then went to the yard and got into a old 67 f100 to pull the turn signal switch out.. (about 200 degrees in there) ... went back to get the steering column back together and realized i didnt have any lube at the house. it was getting late so i figured tomorrow is another day....

a few pics of the fun today..... i know there is probably too many boring pics .. but wanted ya'll to remember my mistake of trying to get away using cheap rock auto parts...

dist was so rusty couldnt hardly get it apart..

you can see where the grd. for the ingnition module is rusted and not making connection..

a side by side comparison of a cheap chinese steering coupler compared to a dorman made in usa part .. now that is what i call brad-ed rivet's

check the riveted stud size's. ,the nice bar in between them.. nice steel inserts in the rubber where the bolts go into the steering shaft

not a very good pic .. was trying to show the difference in the steel used on the rubber side of the hold down bolts.. the dorman was twice as thick

another not so good pic.. was trying to show the difference in the multi layered reinforced rubber on the dorman compared to the plan rubber on the chinese part

broken canceling levers on the turn signal switch...

got lucky and found a good one in a 67 f100..

making sure the alignment was correct before re-installing the steering column

Old 06-26-2016, 11:00 PM
tcbofade
Hotshot
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by whiskey runner

terry .. are you planning on going into the yard maintenance field.. i could use some grass cutting over this way..
No, not even a little bit.

I'm still working 65-70 hours a week, and our "unlandscaping" project has taken long enough that a neighbor got b*tchy last week, so we're trying to make some more progress...

Someday, I'd like to have a relatively flat, green, yard that I can actually mow.

Old 06-27-2016, 12:07 AM
whiskey runner
Lead Driver
i dont kniow terry.. that having to mow is not all that it is cracked up to be.. i wish i could afford to just pave over my whole yard.....

Old 06-27-2016, 05:42 AM
earthquake68
Hotshot
Good Morning Everybody!

First thing this morning is to mount some tires on the front of the Ranchero. Then I'm gonna play with RC's tailgate some more and get tinkering with High Roller. Should be a busy week.

Old 06-27-2016, 06:55 AM
whiskey runner
Lead Driver
good morning missouri... alan i thought it already had tires on it.. did you get the ranchero sold?... hopefully i can get the flat-bump back into action today.. i have to get up to springfield and sparta and move a few things around

Old 06-27-2016, 07:08 AM
77&79F250
Moderator & parts seller
Received 3,286 Likes on 2,442 Posts
I am alive, just been busy this weekend. Grandsons birthday party, he loves his go cart..

Andrew came down and we spent a few hours gathering parts for his truck.

https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/1...4-rebuild.html

I have a doc appt for my shoulder this am, hopefully just a shot and keep on trucking.

Quick Reply: Juneo what month it is? First day of summer is coming.