Missouri Chapter Join Chapter , Leader:77&79F250

Juneo what month it is? First day of summer is coming.

Search this Thread

Old 06-03-2016, 09:13 AM
whiskey runner
Lead Driver
Received 189 Likes on 173 Posts
glad to hear you got your steel at least.... just let me know when you are ready to re-install the center section,move the unit under the truck and install the transfer case.. i will come back up..

i didnt do so good yesterday either after i got my truck inspected i figured i should drop it off at the shop and pickup the S10 to take over to the dmv and back up there.. got to the dmv and realized i left the paperwork in the flat-bump..so that put the brakes on that then it started raining coming thru ava quit just before i got to sparta.. then started again once i got at the shop.. i did not stay that long and figured i better head back in case the rain didn't stop causing the creeks to rise..

Old 06-03-2016, 11:28 AM
tcbofade
Hotshot
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by 97 Mountain Man
Just got to thinking, has anyone heard fro Terry lately?

Terry who?

All is well boys and girls. Actually working LESS than I used to, but still awfully busy.

Old 06-03-2016, 04:01 PM
Grems4ever
Lead Driver
Received 153 Likes on 122 Posts
I must be hallucinating - was that a post from the one known only as "Our Fearless Leader"?

Apparently having the AC working and a smooth ride home from work leaves me in a far better mood than I have been in a while. Kind of wish someone had pointed that out a few weeks ago and I might have got it charged up sooner...

Old 06-03-2016, 09:17 PM
tcbofade
Hotshot
Originally Posted by Grems4ever
I must be hallucinating - was that a post from the one known only as "Our Fearless Leader"?
No. No, it isn't. Go back to bed. Take the blue pill.

Originally Posted by Grems4ever

Apparently having the AC working and a smooth ride home from work leaves me in a far better mood than I have been in a while. Kind of wish someone had pointed that out a few weeks ago and I might have got it charged up sooner...
I learned that in Phoenix, many, many, years ago. You CAN survive without AC in your automobile out there, but you're a much, much happier person when it works.

Hi there. How are you?

Old 06-03-2016, 09:58 PM
Grems4ever
Lead Driver
Doing better than I probably deserve Terry. Having grown up out outside of Tucson, I've had a few more bouts of heat exhaustion than I probably should have. One would think that I would have known better, but i need reminders.

Old 06-04-2016, 12:03 AM
gijazbo
Tuned
Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts
Evening all,

Got the 2k sprayed in the interior cab and hoping to have the cab bushing and interior done by this weekend, but we will see.

On a side note, I have about 1 month left in MO, I now open the forum to "must do" things in MO before I head to Korea.

Old 06-04-2016, 12:04 AM
gijazbo
Tuned
Put a check mark in dragging my wife across the state for parts already.

Old 06-04-2016, 09:47 AM
whiskey runner
Lead Driver
Received 189 Likes on 173 Posts
good kinda morning missouri... still raining here.. not a lot just enough to keep me inside.. creeks are not flooding but are getting there.. seems like a good day to do nothing..

gijazbo.. dont know what else you need to do before leaving.. maybe learn to say ..cold beer, american food, clear water, and ...no thank you!!! in korean..

Old 06-04-2016, 12:43 PM
Grems4ever
Lead Driver
Went to get one of the extra tires I have for the truck and discovered that (a) I had two instead of just one and (b) both have signs of dry rot between the treads. They'd be OK for spares (why I kept them) but not for something on the ground and running constantly. The second epiphany of the day is that today is Saturday and not Friday. Most of the places around here that I might find a decent used tire either never opened, closed shop at noon, or haven't had a 235/75/15. Unless I decide to head for the big city, I'm going to have to run the spare for another week.

Old 06-04-2016, 04:39 PM
gijazbo
Tuned
Originally Posted by earthquake68
Good Morning Everybody!

RC. I tried calling you when we went in to the E.R. and then again when we came out, but there was no answer. After that, my battery died in my phone. It was just a bad day all around.

I still have to get an appointment with the ophthalmologist to see about getting the last little bit of stone drilled out of my eye. In the mean time, I'm gonna get working on cutting the gussets out for the axle housing. In the disaster of yesterday, I did manage to get the steel for that.
Originally Posted by whiskey runner
good kinda morning missouri... still raining here.. not a lot just enough to keep me inside.. creeks are not flooding but are getting there.. seems like a good day to do nothing..

gijazbo.. dont know what else you need to do before leaving.. maybe learn to say ..cold beer, american food, clear water, and ...no thank you!!! in korean..
So far I can say no I don't want mushrooms, and f*** off. So I thin that's about all I'll need to learn lol ! On the "Must do" I meant like places or MO unique things that should be experienced.

Old 06-04-2016, 06:21 PM
cyclopsblown34
Lead Driver
Received 36 Likes on 36 Posts
Originally Posted by 97 Mountain Man
Which is on vacation this week
Slacker, I just got called in from my niece's graduation party at my house with the entire family there. All for a bleeping 25HP VFD that I do have the right capacity here, just more expensive than what they currently have. I'm fuming, nu fuel reimbursement, no time for the call out and I had to leave my grandson's while we were having fun in the pool. Now to wait on Yaskawa website to let me log in and check inventory there.

Old 06-04-2016, 08:36 PM
tcbofade
Hotshot
Got a new windshield put in Pam's new toy, one new O2 sensor, and had the A/C flushed and recharged.

I've got some more little projects for it next weekend, and she'll be on the road.

Old 06-05-2016, 07:25 AM
ubereal2
Post Fiend
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Pace yourself Terry, that's 3 post's already. Wouldn't want to see you over do it. Good to see your still with us.

Good morning Missouri, it's a swampy thing here. We hit 91 yesterday, with a heat index of 100. Storms and possibility of Tornadoes today. Fun fun fun.

Unk Bob

Old 06-05-2016, 01:38 PM
BORDERBUM
Logistics Pro
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Afternoon all! Got yard mowed, had 3 tons of base delivered for my driveway, sold my 55 Chevy truck because someone wanted it more than what I paid for it....and it was so far down the line , might as well.

Got my Hurst sticker in. Story behind it is that my Grandpa's truck had a Hurst sticker on the back window and he had bought the truck from a longtime neighbor Darren Hurst...so I put one on my 79 Explorer like his. Nothing huge as far as making it run yet, but it does bring a smile to my face when I pull in the drive.

Had to leave the built in Missouri sticker on there. As far as I can tell this truck was built in Missouri, went to Oregon, Northern California, ended up in Oklahoma and was in the process of being dismantled, and I saved it and brought it back to Missouri.

Old 06-05-2016, 03:30 PM
Grems4ever
Lead Driver
Ugh - I guess I'm going to have to break down and get a couple of new tires for Frankentruck. Most everyone I've contacted tells me that finding decent used rubber in 235/75/15 is difficult since the car/truck manufacturers have all but abandoned that size.

Quick Reply: Juneo what month it is? First day of summer is coming.