Postmaster
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
It needs some love.

Old 06-20-2016, 08:10 PM
Tom
Super Moderator
Received 671 Likes on 440 Posts
Good evening everyone!

Very interesting project John. Don't think it looks bad, but it's a good thing he doesn't live in New Hampshire. Wouldn't be possible to get something like that inspected up there.

Old 06-21-2016, 05:27 AM
ct diesel
Posting Guru
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Morning

There were a couple of things that I noticed last night. The truck has a Camaro steering wheel. The bungee cord on the passenger side is holding the Gas cap and hose to the blazer gas tank that they put in the center rather than the back. And the entire suspension is one ton on a3/4 ton truck.

How they got this truck thru inspection I don't know. When you ride in it your teeth raddle and your kidney's want to fall out. I'm guessing 65 is max. and you don't want to go down any bumpy roads.

I promised the Scott that I after he changed the outer parts that he had and painted it I would post before and after pics.

Old 06-21-2016, 06:54 AM
RightWingNutJob
Elder User
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by gbroehl1
Wow.... just wow. Words cannot describe

"Franken-Chevy"

Old 06-21-2016, 07:14 AM
Tom
Super Moderator
Good morning everyone!

What I remember is that Connecticut has an emissions inspection, but not a safety one. My mother-in-law's Caravan passed inspection with plenty of safety violations. She had just got the thing, and I towed it to the inspection station so she could get plates for it.

New Hampshire will fail a vehicle if they find a single instance of a rusted through panel. As well as any missing exhaust fasteners, or another item in a long list of relatively minor things. No inspection out here though.

Old 06-22-2016, 05:02 AM
ct diesel
Posting Guru
Morning

Well I pulled out a 20 pound turkey on Monday for our Thanksgiving feast on the weekend. Going to put it in a brine tomorrow and then smoke it on Saturday using bourbon rather than water, and Apple wood chips. I do believe that will be at least one more turkey. And then there are the fixings. Yum!!

The weather today should be great I will mow the lawn.

I put the "Low bridge clearance" down load in the GPS yesterday. Now I am trying to figure out if it's working. There is no one to call and there is no sign it's working. I guess I'll have to find a low bridge and see if there is a difference.

Old 06-22-2016, 07:20 AM
Tom
Super Moderator
Good morning everyone!

No shortage of low clearances around Connecticut, I'm sure you can find one to test the GPS out with. I'd leave the trailer at home for that run.

Old 06-22-2016, 08:53 AM
jbehuniak
Elder User
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
If you need help eating that turkey give a shout. My mouth started watering when I read that.

Old 06-23-2016, 07:28 AM
ct diesel
Posting Guru
Morning

Look's great out there this morning.

F250 check

Just checked the tire pressure on my new Toyo Open country tires. Bought them a month or so ago and was surprised to see that right front and left back were at 70 psi and the other two at 65 psi. My guess is that they had two different guys doing the change. I'll bring them both to 75 psi.

I am still checking for lose of coolant but no lose at all. We are now talking 8 to 10 months of no real lose of coolant since the dealer stated that the radiator was leaking.

Brought the truck to the car wash yesterday and looks pretty. Only problem is that I haven't washed the inside of the windshield. With the sun glare in the late afternoon I couldn't see because it was so dirty. I will clean that this morning.

Old 06-23-2016, 07:32 AM
gbroehl1
Logistics Pro

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Good morning everyone!!!

Old 06-23-2016, 07:16 PM
Tom
Super Moderator
Good evening folks.

Old 06-24-2016, 08:15 AM
jthorngate3
Postmaster
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Good morning folks. I hope everybody has a smooth weekend eve.

Old 06-24-2016, 10:50 AM
ct diesel
Posting Guru
Morning it's Friday and have the brine ready for the turkey. will soak the wood chips in water down bourbon tonight.

Have to see the doctor this afternoon. He called yesterday and said he wanted me in today instead of next month. Will see what he has to stay later.

Hoping everyone enjoys the weekend. Because every day is Friday to me.

Old 06-24-2016, 08:53 PM
jbehuniak
Elder User
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Evening. I got a header installed today!!! And clutch linkage built.

Linkage needs paint. I hope it has enough throw. As much as I didn't want to use header wrap I think it's going to be required to not boil clutch and brake fluid

Old 06-26-2016, 09:19 AM
ct diesel
Posting Guru
Morning

What a feast yesterday. My 20 pound smoked turkey, and 3 more breasts of turkey, all cooked in different styles, stuffing, salads, goose, veal, asparagus, mashed potatoes and gravy, not counting the pie, cakes, apple cobbler, and assorted fruit. 60 + people. Ate 99% of the food and everyone was happy about the food. Not bad for a pot luck thanksgiving.

Most of the people came to the campfire next door and with a guitar and one really gifted singer and had a "sing along" that went to 11 0'clock last night. A good time for all.

Quick Reply: CT June BS