Club FTE Pricing Changes - Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums

Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Ford Truck Enthusiasts Site Navigation > Site Announcements

Club FTE Pricing Changes

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 05-25-2016, 06:36 PM
Internet Brands

IB Jose has much to be proud ofIB Jose has much to be proud ofIB Jose has much to be proud ofIB Jose has much to be proud ofIB Jose has much to be proud ofIB Jose has much to be proud ofIB Jose has much to be proud ofIB Jose has much to be proud of
Club FTE Pricing Changes

Hi Folks.

We have decided to change the pricing structure for our Club FTE memberships.

Previously, a Silver Membership was for one year, and a Gold Membership for three--including a site swag item (T-shirts, etc).

We've decided to also make a new Silver+ Membership which will be an annual membership just the same, but with the inclusion of the current site-swag item, which we plan to update annually.
This membership will cost $29.99.

As the other memberships will not change, the addition of this new membership is for members looking to receive the annual swag package without opting into the 3-year Gold Membership.

Please take a look here: http://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/payments.php
Old 05-25-2016, 09:51 PM
Post Fiend

alloro is a splendid one to beholdalloro is a splendid one to beholdalloro is a splendid one to beholdalloro is a splendid one to beholdalloro is a splendid one to beholdalloro is a splendid one to beholdalloro is a splendid one to behold
So instead of the 60 bucks for 3-years I've been paying TO FREELY CONTRIBUTE here and help your site grow, it's now going to cost me 50% more at 90 bucks for the same 3-years TO FREELY CONTRIBUTE here and help your site grow? Nice way to screw over those that help you the most.
Old 05-26-2016, 05:17 AM
Post Fiend

JWA has a superb reputationJWA has a superb reputationJWA has a superb reputationJWA has a superb reputationJWA has a superb reputationJWA has a superb reputationJWA has a superb reputationJWA has a superb reputationJWA has a superb reputationJWA has a superb reputationJWA has a superb reputation
While the swag stuff is cool if I renew my paid membership I'd much prefer NO AD's rather than "fewer ads".

Sure ads help support FTE a bit but if I'm paying more I expect less---does that make sense?

A lot of hype with little real incentive to ****** up the "gold" package, IMHO anyway.
Old 05-26-2016, 12:45 PM
Internet Brands

IB Jose has much to be proud ofIB Jose has much to be proud ofIB Jose has much to be proud ofIB Jose has much to be proud ofIB Jose has much to be proud ofIB Jose has much to be proud ofIB Jose has much to be proud ofIB Jose has much to be proud of
The advertising layout stays the same, just the text ads in the header for both Silver and Gold memberships.
Old 05-26-2016, 04:37 PM
Senior User

Cougar54 has a good reputation on FTE.Cougar54 has a good reputation on FTE.
50% price increase for the gold membership??!! Good luck with getting people to renew after their gold membership expires. I like to help out but this is just too much.

Doug
1950 F2 226 (Done!)
1950 F1 226 (starting partial restore)
1949 F1 283 ??!! (acquiring parts)
Old 05-27-2016, 12:16 PM
Elder User

FORD COASTIE has a great reputation on FTE.FORD COASTIE has a great reputation on FTE.FORD COASTIE has a great reputation on FTE.FORD COASTIE has a great reputation on FTE.
I'll be downgrading to the silver membership if I decide to renew under these new changes. The incentive for gold just isn't worth it anymore.
2011 F-150 XL SuperCab 5.0
Old 05-28-2016, 09:32 AM
Junior User

D Sokol is starting off with a positive reputation.
Well I was going to send some money and join but I think I'll hold off now.
What is the reasoning for the change?
I guess I should have done it at the beginning of the year when I thought about it.

Dan Sokol
Goodyear, AZ
Old 05-28-2016, 01:35 PM
Finally happy...

Apocalypse has a superb reputationApocalypse has a superb reputationApocalypse has a superb reputationApocalypse has a superb reputationApocalypse has a superb reputationApocalypse has a superb reputationApocalypse has a superb reputationApocalypse has a superb reputationApocalypse has a superb reputationApocalypse has a superb reputationApocalypse has a superb reputation
llittle_llama
Well I'm done after my membership expires. I actually wish I hadn't renewed now after seeing this cash-grab.
Boondock 95 series front bumper
305/75/16 on Pro Comp wheels, ATS F-350 springs
Old 05-30-2016, 11:58 PM
Too old to be too smart..

SpringerPop has a superb reputationSpringerPop has a superb reputationSpringerPop has a superb reputationSpringerPop has a superb reputationSpringerPop has a superb reputationSpringerPop has a superb reputationSpringerPop has a superb reputationSpringerPop has a superb reputationSpringerPop has a superb reputationSpringerPop has a superb reputationSpringerPop has a superb reputation
Gonna' have to think long and hard about renewing at all.

What's it been, 15 years or so since I became a paid member?

Gonna' have to re-think this one, as the benefit won't seem to be there any more.

Pop
Email SpringerPop - SpringerPop's website
Be Like Steve
Old 05-31-2016, 03:58 PM
Internet Brands

Hi folks.

We've done goofed.

These are the changes we will be making by the end of the week.

Silver: 1-Year, $19.99
Silver+: 1-Year, Site-swag Item, $29.99
Gold: 3-Year, Site-swag Item, $59.99
Old 06-01-2016, 11:24 AM
Post Fiend

alloro is a splendid one to beholdalloro is a splendid one to beholdalloro is a splendid one to beholdalloro is a splendid one to beholdalloro is a splendid one to beholdalloro is a splendid one to beholdalloro is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally Posted by IB Jose View Post
Silver: 1-Year, $19.99
Silver+: 1-Year, Site-swag Item, $29.99
Gold: 3-Year, Site-swag Item, $59.99
Nice, since I always did the 3-year plan I guess I'm good with this.

Now I know why my wife bitches and moans so much...it really does work!
Old 06-01-2016, 12:54 PM
The Nekkid Super Mod

Stewart_H has a superb reputationStewart_H has a superb reputationStewart_H has a superb reputationStewart_H has a superb reputationStewart_H has a superb reputationStewart_H has a superb reputationStewart_H has a superb reputationStewart_H has a superb reputationStewart_H has a superb reputationStewart_H has a superb reputationStewart_H has a superb reputation
Quote:
Originally Posted by alloro View Post
Nice, since I always did the 3-year plan I guess I'm good with this.

Now I know why my wife bitches and moans so much...it really does work!
I gotta agree. Keeping the same price but adding options for those that want more swag is a win win! Gotta give props to Jose and IB for listening and going back to the old pricing structure, but still offering more stuff!

alloro, look at it as constructive feedback. Not from your wife ( ), I mean from us users here at FTE

Men don't bitch and moan. We give constructive feedback with logic and positive determination.

Stewart
2000 PSD Excursion 4x4: 38R, JW trans, Tuned by DP-Tuner, MBRP, AFE, V & B code's
Never Fry Bacon NAKED!
Old 06-01-2016, 03:35 PM
Site Administrator

IB Tim has a superb reputationIB Tim has a superb reputationIB Tim has a superb reputationIB Tim has a superb reputationIB Tim has a superb reputationIB Tim has a superb reputationIB Tim has a superb reputationIB Tim has a superb reputationIB Tim has a superb reputationIB Tim has a superb reputationIB Tim has a superb reputation
Very cool Jose ..............
My character and personality is who I am...my attitude...depends on who you are
Old 06-01-2016, 05:00 PM
Senior User

Cougar54 has a good reputation on FTE.Cougar54 has a good reputation on FTE.
This sounds much better!

Doug
1950 F2 226 (Done!)
1950 F1 226 (starting partial restore)
1949 F1 283 ??!! (acquiring parts)
Old 06-01-2016, 05:13 PM
The Nekkid Super Mod

Stewart_H has a superb reputationStewart_H has a superb reputationStewart_H has a superb reputationStewart_H has a superb reputationStewart_H has a superb reputationStewart_H has a superb reputationStewart_H has a superb reputationStewart_H has a superb reputationStewart_H has a superb reputationStewart_H has a superb reputationStewart_H has a superb reputation
Quote:
Originally Posted by IB Tim View Post
Very cool Jose ..............
I agree!

Quote:
Originally Posted by IB Jose View Post
Hi folks.

We've done goofed.
I disagree.

You guys had an idea to add swag and alter the pricing structure accordingly. You received feedback (ie, logic and positive determination posts from men ) where you discovered the majority would rather have the same pricing with an option to add swag, so you adjusted accordingly.

Not adjusting and turning a deaf ear would have been the goof.

Thanks Jose!

Stewart
2000 PSD Excursion 4x4: 38R, JW trans, Tuned by DP-Tuner, MBRP, AFE, V & B code's
Never Fry Bacon NAKED!

Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Ford Truck Enthusiasts Site Navigation > Site Announcements