6.0L Power Stroke Diesel 2003 - 2007 F250, F350 pickup and F350+ Cab Chassis, 2003 - 2005 Excursion and 2003 - 2009 van

Monitoring EGT

Search this Thread

Old 05-21-2016, 09:10 PM
Yahiko
FTE Chapter Leader
Received 542 Likes on 396 Posts
I still like that Android thing that they have over in the 7.3 forum.
Lest see if I can find the link to it

I knew I had it and hope some will like what they read.
https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/1...ssure-too.html

Sean <BR>

6.0L Tech Folder

Old 05-22-2016, 06:18 AM
Macrosill
Laughing Gas
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
I looked at the PLX Kiwi setup. You can add up to 32 additional sensors to it. But the cost adds up quick and I can see the wiring becoming an issue when installing those extra pid sensor boxes.

I "think" I am going to get the seperate egt sensor from Auber Instruments. This will be about 116.00. Then add a coolant filter for another 136.50 and keep using Torque Pro with my Nexus 7. I still won't get fuel pressure though.

My other option was getting the Dashoss kit for 360 or so.

Decisions, decisions, decisions.

edit: Sean, now I might have to get a new Android head unit instead of and egt and coolant filter. LOL

Old 05-22-2016, 03:26 PM
Rod Jr.
Mountain Pass
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by ultrasks700
Second the Edge CTS. The CTS2 just came out so you can nut up and buy that, or save a few buck and get the CTS. I added EGT and a backup camera to mine. If you hooking up trailers and stuff like that the back up camera is priceless. Wife don't even need to get out of the truck to help to line em up.
Which backup camera did you use? I could really use one for my trailer.

Old 05-22-2016, 04:11 PM
Yahiko
FTE Chapter Leader
Received 542 Likes on 396 Posts
Originally Posted by Macrosill
I looked at the PLX Kiwi setup. You can add up to 32 additional sensors to it. But the cost adds up quick and I can see the wiring becoming an issue when installing those extra pid sensor boxes.

I "think" I am going to get the seperate egt sensor from Auber Instruments. This will be about 116.00. Then add a coolant filter for another 136.50 and keep using Torque Pro with my Nexus 7. I still won't get fuel pressure though.

edit: Sean, now I might have to get a new Android head unit instead of and egt and coolant filter. LOL

Sorry I made you think about spending MORE money.

Sean <BR>

6.0L Tech Folder

Old 05-22-2016, 04:26 PM
LCR
More Turbo
Received 24 Likes on 21 Posts
Originally Posted by Rod Jr.
Which backup camera did you use? I could really use one for my trailer.
I bought one on Amazon for a place called TaoTronics for about $30. It looks like the full bracket one I bought is sold by Esky now.

Old 05-24-2016, 01:43 PM
Rod Jr.
Mountain Pass
Which monitor did you use and where do you mount it?

Old 05-24-2016, 02:45 PM
diesel_dan
Lead Driver
Received 411 Likes on 272 Posts

Brian you can save a few bucks and get a less expensive coolant filter from XDP -- it was the most complete kit out there when I got mine, you don't have to cut ANY hoses (well I did trim some off theirs, to make the install a bit tidier). It's $124.95 less 10% ($112.46 + $2 order processing I think) for FTE members using discount code DIESEL10 and that is including shipping...

Here's a link:

XDP 6.0L Coolant Filtration System XD143

Old 05-24-2016, 02:54 PM
brandonrr
More Turbo
Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts
Originally Posted by diesel_dan
Brian you can save a few bucks and get a less expensive coolant filter from XDP -- it was the most complete kit out there when I got mine, you don't have to cut ANY hoses (we'll I did trim some off theirs, to make the install a bit tidier). It's $124.95 less 10% ($112.46 + $2 order processing I think) for FTE members using discount code DIESEL10 and that is including shipping...

Here's a link:

This is the coolant filter setup i went with about a year ago. It was very easy to install and has filtered a lot of crud out of my cooling system. My delta stopped going up once i installed mine. I highly recommend it.

Old 05-24-2016, 07:29 PM
Macrosill
Laughing Gas
Originally Posted by Rod Jr.
Which monitor did you use and where do you mount it?
I did not choose yet but will mst likely go with the Auber Instruments kit.

Brian you can save a few bucks and get a less expensive coolant filter from XDP -- it was the most complete kit out there when I got mine, you don't have to cut ANY hoses (we'll I did trim some off theirs, to make the install a bit tidier). It's $124.95 less 10% ($112.46 + $2 order processing I think) for FTE members using discount code DIESEL10 and that is including shipping...

Here's a link:

I was looking hard at the Mishimoto kit for 139 from Ficmrepair.com but the XDP kit for 112 after the code seems like the route I will go.

Old 05-25-2016, 07:52 AM
JeremyXDP
SPONSOR
Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Here's a link:

Thanks guys! Give us a shout if there's anything we can help with.

Call us @ 1-888-DIESEL4
Old 05-25-2016, 07:38 PM
Macrosill
Laughing Gas
Originally Posted by JeremyXDP
Thanks guys! Give us a shout if there's anything we can help with.
Coolant filter ordered!

Old 05-25-2016, 09:10 PM
diesel_dan
Lead Driver
Received 411 Likes on 272 Posts
Coolant filter ordered!
Tip for you, Brian: doesn't matter who's filter base, use plenty of teflon tape and tighten the fittings tighter than you would think. I had to redo mine twice (so that is 3 installs) before I tightened the snot out of the threaded fittings and it is still dry. Oh and put some silicone grease on the filter o-ring and just get it good and snug -- they can stick if dry...

Old 05-25-2016, 10:18 PM
Macrosill
Laughing Gas
Tip for you, Brian: doesn't matter who's filter base, use plenty of teflon tape and tighten the fittings tighter than you would think. I had to redo mine twice (so that is 3 installs) before I tightened the snot out of the threaded fittings and it is still dry. Oh and put some silicone grease on the filter o-ring and just get it good and snug -- they can stick if dry...
Thanks for the tips Dan!! Much appreciated.

Old 05-26-2016, 07:50 AM
JeremyXDP
SPONSOR
Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
Coolant filter ordered!
Sweet! Thanks for your support!

Call us @ 1-888-DIESEL4
Old 05-26-2016, 10:02 AM
Rod Jr.
Mountain Pass
Sorry for the misunderstanding, I was inquiring about the backup camera and the monitor used, and its location inside cab.

Quick Reply: Monitoring EGT