General Automotive Discussion

Don't Expect Much From RockAuto

Search this Thread

Old 05-16-2016, 03:40 PM
BruteFord
Postmaster
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by RockAuto
I called Jim back and spoke to him about this more thoroughly. He searched his records again and said there was one other situation like yours, but this is not a cataloging issue. He compared it against the OE number, and it is correct.
I sorted it out for both RA and Doorman, if they care to listen is up to them/you. It IS exactly a cataloging issue, the root of it I suspect started at Doorman, or wherever they get their info, and you copied them. But the FACT is that the cataloging is incorrect. Nissan changed 3 parts phasing them in starting in about June 2000. These three parts are the passenger side pivot, the wiper motor, and the link between the 2. These would be the 3 parts that needed to change for the change in the pivot ball size.

I can't say which is which, if later or earlier is larger, what I can say is that the cataloging needs to specify pre and post about June 2000 or at least notate the change. It does not, all the cataloging from Doorman and RockAuto list the same part for all of the 2000-2003 model years.

The question then follows which OE number, cause there are two. Or more accurately at least 6, Nissan doesn't list the entire wiper transmission as a part number, they list each part individually and for 3 of those parts there is two versions.

Edit, so looked it up by VIN, my car is the updated version post June 2000 as it should be. This would indicate that the 602-008 ONLY fits pre June 2000, you're welcome.

Old 05-16-2016, 04:34 PM
BruteFord
Postmaster
How did Dorman contact us? As of now, we have not heard anything from them. Do you have an email or name of the person you were working with?
Holly F, who's fault is it that you are so hard to get a hold of. The woman I'm talking to who's info I gave you in the PM, who has no way of contacting you, told me that the tech, I assume Jim, spoke to you.

Old 05-16-2016, 04:36 PM
BruteFord
Postmaster

Old 05-16-2016, 04:45 PM
BruteFord
Postmaster
Really shouldn't matter, EVERYTHING you need to know is in this thread.

Old 05-16-2016, 07:39 PM
vadonkey
New User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Rockauto- I don't have a dog in this fight, but this guy was obviously sent the wrong part. Why don't you make him whole to make him happy, or if nothing else, to shut him up so this issue goes away.

It's only $60, is that worth losing a customer(s) over?

Old 05-16-2016, 09:01 PM
UNTAMND
Logistics Pro
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Even when you pick parts that are in the same warehouse as you last part, they pick and choose which warehouse your stuff comes from.
Part 1 is in warehouse a and b. part 2 is in warehouse b and c. And part 3 is in warehouse b and d. Guess where they are shipping each part from... Warehouse a, c and d, because rock auto doesn't care you're paying more for shipping.
I have disliked rock auto since they began, which is when, 16-18 years ago? They were not great then, they are not great now.

Old 05-17-2016, 07:06 AM
JWA
Fleet Owner
Received 1,393 Likes on 1,102 Posts
Originally Posted by vadonkey
Rockauto- I don't have a dog in this fight, but this guy was obviously sent the wrong part. Why don't you make him whole to make him happy, or if nothing else, to shut him up so this issue goes away.

It's only $60, is that worth losing a customer(s) over?
Yes it is worth losing because it supposedly sends a message once they have your money and you don't tap dance to their obscure policies you're SOL.

Sticking to this BS about an unused part being "out of their return policy time window" shows its far more important to stick to their points rather than admit a customer is correct.

Gosh can there be any more compelling reasons to find a better parts outlet, say one a bit closer?

Old 05-17-2016, 12:07 PM
BruteFord
Postmaster
We will grant an additional exception and permit you to return this part for a full part cost refund including a label
I got the email and the label ty, but to be clear, will she be getting a refund on her card of $60.63(part + original sipping) or only "full part cost" of $46.99 and you expect her to eat the $13.64 for shipping?

Old 05-17-2016, 09:59 PM
SidecarFlip
Senior User
Received 30 Likes on 30 Posts
All I can say is good grief.

Owning my own Internet business, I've had some pizzing matches with customers in the past. Some have threatened to disparage me on the net to which I reply go ahead if that blows your dress up...

see,s as though the majority of my customers keep coming back and are perfectly happy with me and my venue which isn't automotive related btw, it's custom bikes.

Myself, I'm more than happy with Rock Auto and do and have done business with them, many. many times. A while back I bought an exhaust system and the muffler arrived all beat to hell. I called them and they replaced it immediately, I didn't even provide documentation or pictures, nothing. I'm a very satisified customer.

My thoughts are, if you need it tight now, get it local. if you can wait a week, get it Rock Auto.

Old 05-22-2016, 08:07 PM
GLR
FTE Legend
Received 853 Likes on 771 Posts
Hopefully cased closed.

I have dealt with Rock Auto for many years and never a problem. Have even got items from RA that local NAPA were not able to come up with.

Old 08-17-2016, 08:50 PM
Sand_Man
Posting Guru
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Had a run in with the Rockauto customer service team today. Worthless. Will I go back? Never. Find a local shop and support them, thanks to Devin at Rockauto, that's exactly what I did. I've bought from RA for years and this is the first problem, but thanks to their pathetic customer service it'll be the last.

Quick Reply: Don't Expect Much From RockAuto