Shaping up to be a good summer.

Old 05-06-2016, 03:34 PM
rockertom
Senior User
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Shaping up to be a good summer.

Busy this month with a trip to NY to see my son graduate from college. But June has me booked for a weekend at Wekiva Springs. This is a hard one to get for a weekend too. Need to book yet for July, as the wife and I are already looking. Got Disney's Fort Wilderness booked for a 4 day weekend in August. Nice premium spot again or this year. Gonna try and get the camper out for a few more weekends in between all of this. So what's everyone else's plans for the summer.

Old 05-06-2016, 06:04 PM
Kalinedrive
New User
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
We are camping locally in two weeks at one of our favorite spots, Hidden Valley RV Resort. In July we will camp at Natural Bridge State Park in Kentucky. Later in the month we are camping at our brothers property near Kalkaska Michigan. August we will camp at our favorite state park, Harrington Beach State park on Lake Michigan. September we are camping at Egg Harbor Resort in Door County Wisconsin. Still figuring out if we are camping in June...

Old 05-07-2016, 08:32 PM
wrvond
Cargo Master
Received 66 Likes on 46 Posts
Just returned from a week at Little Beaver State Park in the southeastern part of West Virginia where we golfed at Glade Springs st Stonehaven and Woodhaven. Tough courses, but amazing nonetheless.
Last month we spent a week at Bulltown Campground in Burnsville, WV - great lakeside site on an Army Corps of Engineers campground.
Next month we'll be going to Fort Fisher Recreation Area Campground - an Air Force Base in North Carolina. There is an aquarium down the road from the campground and we are hoping the base has a nice golf course (I haven't checked yet). Of course the Air Force always has nice courses!
We'll probably go to Nashville in July or August to visit family. I always park my camper in the driveway of whatever relative is hosting us.

Old 05-08-2016, 03:00 PM
Boondockdad
Senior User
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
After much deliberation, we decided to scrap the Glacier NP trip.
We recently replaced our Suburban 2500 8.1L with a 15 passenger 7.3PSD, and after taking it down to FLA, I'm not comfortable taking it thru the mountains as configured.
Want to swap the open 3.55 with a LSD 4.10, first.
Been researching the 'how to' for a few months, now. Acquiring the necessary tools. Trying to decide on Dana/Spicer, or aftermarket.

Anyhow, make a long story longer, besides a few extended weekend camping trips, we've got another FLA trip to St. Augustine in June.
Also, looking forward to our annual weekend boondock hook-up with my brother and his fam. Kids love getting together with their cousins. Only see them once or twice a year.

Old 05-09-2016, 04:02 PM
birdboy
Junior User
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
We had an awesome spring break with the kids. 10 days on the road with two kids and a cousin...5 days in the mountains and 5 days at the beach. The pictures are from a couple weeks ago at the local lake, we stayed at a Corps of Engineers campground. We will be back in that same spot this weekend. It's got a great sandy beach you can't see in the pic. Memorial weekend we will be further north on the lake for 5 days at a state park. The next weekend we will be camping near Athens, Ga while my daughter attends a camp at the University of Georgia. Then a couple more trips to the lake and may try to squeeze in a week back at the beach before the kids are sucked back into school.