2017+ Super Duty The 2017+ Ford F250, F350, F450 and F550 Super Duty Pickup and Chassis Cab

Rebates, incentives, Plans

Old 04-26-2016, 01:54 PM
hollapm
Tuned
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Rebates, incentives, Plans

I wanted to start a thread and see what rebates, incentives or Plans are available out there for the new 2017 Super Duty. At this time I have found:

Partner Plans -
Ford A-Plan, Z-Plan, X-Plan, D-Plan Pricing: How It's Calculated and What You Need to Know - CarsDirect & https://www.fordpartner.com/partnerw...tner_rules.htm
X-Plan - Invoice - 0.4% + $275 program fee
Available thru Ford Supplier partners or Friends and Family
quick memberships:
https://www.eaa.org/en/eaa
Mustang Club of America - Benefits of MCA Membership

A-Plan - Ford Employee: Invoice - Holdback - Advertising Fee + $275 program fee

Z-Plan - Ford Retiree, same as A-plan: Invoice - Holdback - Advertising Fee + $275 program fee

D-Plan - Dealer Employee & family members: A-Plan + $100

Discount programs - not yet verified if they will work with the 2017 Super Duty, but these do not appear to be tied to vehicle model year, but to a time restriction:
AQHA - $500 off - https://www.fordspecialoffer.com/aqha/PrintCert.aspx
A/Z, D or X plan not eligible

Military Appreciation - $500 off - https://www.fordsalutesthosewhoserve.com/
As a Veteran that is still within 180 days of active service - X-Plan may qualify

First Responders - $500 off - https://www.fordspecialoffer.com/fir...rs-incent-none
A/Z, D or X plan not eligible

Ford Mobility - up to $1,000 off - ProgramDetails Ford Mobility Motoring | Do what moves you.
See details on site

College Student - $500 off - Ford Drives U
Current college students and recent college graduates

There are likely others so please add what you know.

Also if anyone is able to get additional discounts or share what dealers are throwing in please provide this as well.

Old 04-26-2016, 02:10 PM
Frantz
Postmaster
Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
When you build up a unit you get the rebates, as no vehicles exist, no rebates exist either, though you're correct with your general rebates, which are not typically stack-able. The new Superduty isn't anything limited so you should be able to work off the same offsets as normal and you're just ordering with the assumption that there isn't a rebate. Any rebate that comes out is just icing on the cake for you! The only one I know of that you didn't post is commercial upfitter which requires you to have or be a company and the amount varied based on what upfit you're getting and how much the upfit cost. The normal "consumer rebates" won't be posted for quite awhile.

Old 04-26-2016, 07:32 PM
Azuretruck
Laughing Gas
Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
Frantz- does X plan pricing excludes us from rebates in most cases? Thanks

Old 04-26-2016, 08:20 PM
fordmantpw
Cargo Master
Received 423 Likes on 136 Posts
Originally Posted by Azuretruck
Frantz- does X plan pricing excludes us from rebates in most cases? Thanks
I'm not Frantz, but no, it does not.

Old 04-28-2016, 06:40 AM
Frantz
Postmaster
X plan is usually good for all other rebates. D plan and A/Z plan limit rebates (when I first started working here I was still officially in the military but I couldn't use both my D plan price and the $500 military rebate as an example). You can also not use college AND military and similar situations. One that I haven't quite figured out is you can not use a personal coupon Ford sends some folks in the mail along with commercial upfit rebate.

X plan will get you within a few hundred bucks of a true break even cash price for the dealership, so it's very fair, just not "best". Maybe a grand over net (after taking out overhead expenses) on an expensive truck. What I like about X plan best is the cap on fees. Here's a problem though. A dealer COULD sell you the vehicle at X plan price, get the pin number from you, charge whatever fees they want and simply not turn it in as an X plan deal and come out with an average deal for themselves. I've honestly not heard of it happening, but I'd be completely shocked if it didn't. So you still have to be vigilant and check out the paperwork. But don't go yelling like they are ripping you off if you see a higher fee either though, there are some states that require all customers be charged the same, no matter what, for doc fees. Gotta love equality! Anyway, Ford is supposed to pick up the tab for anything over $100. In Pennsylvania we are allowed to charge $135 for doc fees, but it's optional/dealer policy. So while every dealership charges it, if it's an X plan deal, we have to knock it down to $100 and simply give up the $35 bucks. Is that confusing enough?

Old 04-28-2016, 07:01 AM
troverman
Hotshot
Received 533 Likes on 257 Posts
Originally Posted by Frantz
X plan is usually good for all other rebates. D plan and A/Z plan limit rebates (when I first started working here I was still officially in the military but I couldn't use both my D plan price and the $500 military rebate as an example). You can also not use college AND military and similar situations. One that I haven't quite figured out is you can not use a personal coupon Ford sends some folks in the mail along with commercial upfit rebate.

X plan will get you within a few hundred bucks of a true break even cash price for the dealership, so it's very fair, just not "best". Maybe a grand over net (after taking out overhead expenses) on an expensive truck. What I like about X plan best is the cap on fees. Here's a problem though. A dealer COULD sell you the vehicle at X plan price, get the pin number from you, charge whatever fees they want and simply not turn it in as an X plan deal and come out with an average deal for themselves. I've honestly not heard of it happening, but I'd be completely shocked if it didn't. So you still have to be vigilant and check out the paperwork. But don't go yelling like they are ripping you off if you see a higher fee either though, there are some states that require all customers be charged the same, no matter what, for doc fees. Gotta love equality! Anyway, Ford is supposed to pick up the tab for anything over $100. In Pennsylvania we are allowed to charge $135 for doc fees, but it's optional/dealer policy. So while every dealership charges it, if it's an X plan deal, we have to knock it down to $100 and simply give up the $35 bucks. Is that confusing enough?
So, I have an X-plan pin, which I told the dealer up front when I ordered. They said no problem. Are you saying the price I should pay would be the total listed at the bottom of my vehicle order confirmation sheet for x-plan, plus $100, plus the destination & fuel fees? How much will the destination & fuel fee be? Maybe $1300? Does it vary by location?

Old 04-28-2016, 11:30 AM
Bigdon68
Senior User
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
True Car dealer -- better than x-plan

My recent experience in pricing a 2016 F450 was that purchasing the truck through a http://truecar.com dealer was cheaper than using the x-plan. The dealer told me that True Car was roughly $2400 below invoice for this truck.

bigdon68

Old 04-29-2016, 06:40 AM
Frantz
Postmaster
Destination is the same no matter where. As for Bigdon, in Maryland they typically don't advertise destination charge in the sale price, and the doc fees are a few hundred bucks. So $2400 under invoice quickly becomes an equivalent $800 to $1000 under invoice to folks from more restrictive (more upfront) advertising laws. Just check out the fine print on any MD dealer page and they announce destination fees not included. There are other states that do the same thing. If you live there, you just assume everyone does the same, but for most of us, destination is part of the price (as it's listed in the MSRP). I don't blame the dealers there, as they have to be competitive with each other. Most customers never know the difference in advertising laws, but I do know I lose a good number of deals to MD out of the confusion, and they pay the same or more than what I wanted to do for em.

Edit: for a proof, why would you be able to buy a Ford for less than a corporate employee? $2400 would be well under A/Z plan.

Old 04-29-2016, 06:57 AM
troverman
Hotshot
Received 533 Likes on 257 Posts
Thanks Frantz. I don't see destination fee listed anywhere on my order confirmation, so I'm assuming I will have to add it on when the truck comes in. It will be on the window sticker, once they send me a VIN, I'm sure.

Old 05-01-2016, 09:05 PM
daVincidoc
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Being a Farm Bureau Member is worth a $500 rebate as long as you are a member 60 days before trying to use it for the purchase.

Old 05-02-2016, 05:57 AM
System
Prolocutor
Received 1,183 Likes on 568 Posts
Originally Posted by daVincidoc
Being a Farm Bureau Member is worth a $500 rebate as long as you are a member 60 days before trying to use it for the purchase.

I think this one is state specific and not every state's farm bureau participate in the program.

Old 05-02-2016, 06:13 AM
porthole
Cargo Master

Received 41 Likes on 34 Posts
Ford currently has a public safety incentive, police fire and ems, $500.
But, you have to sign up at some website that requires your social security number.

Not worth $500 to put the SS # out there.

Cyrstal - see this ?????

Old 05-02-2016, 06:16 AM
EightySecond
Elder User
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Karl4Cat
I think this one is state specific and not every state's farm bureau participate in the program.
I think you're right, I mentioned this and they said they had never heard of it.

Old 05-02-2016, 09:49 PM
daVincidoc
Senior User
Originally Posted by Karl4Cat
You may be correct. I am a Farm Bureau member living in Iowa. I bought my 2015 F350 in Sioux Falls SD and received the rebate and one of the first things my dealer in Iowa told me when I bought the 450 was to keep my Farm Bureau membership since again it will be worth $500 with Ford. I am not sure what states participate but I may do a little checking on it.

Old 05-02-2016, 10:02 PM
daVincidoc
Senior User
Program 35296: $500 Bonus Cash offer exclusively for active Arizona, Georgia, Illinois, Iowa, Kansas, Michigan, Mississippi, Missouri, and Tennessee Farm Bureau members who are residents of the United States.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Rebates, incentives, Plans