Indiana Chapter Join Chapter , Leader:

Indy 4x4 jamboree in Sept !!

Search this Thread

Old 08-13-2003, 09:00 PM
Streetcruzer
Elder User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hi everyone: I started a new thread from the bottom of the auburn thread to draw more attention to this show and maybe we can make arrangements to get more of us together the weekend of this show. The show will be the weekend of September 19,20,21 at the fairgrounds in Indianapolis. If you have never attended this show in the past, it is a blast for the entire family! That is a good time to wind down the summer and spend some time with people who share our interest with trucks!

Any Idea's,
Lenny

Old 08-14-2003, 10:38 AM
likethetruck
Freshman User

AND just for a reminder I've cut and pasted "snow fighter's" e-mail so we can all meet at "high noon" Saturday at his truck -- hope there is "soooo much attendance" that there will be no place to stand..... I'm taking off of work, any one else.
------------------------

snow fighter's e-mail:

"Go to Familyevents.com for info on the truck show if you preregister then it saves you 15.00 . My truck will be by the kids playground."

------------------------

Wear something RED even if you went to Purdue.

Old 08-14-2003, 09:11 PM
Streetcruzer
Elder User

Thanks for posting that link likethetruck, I ran short of time last night and had to get to work. I have also taken fri night off and will be down sat all rested up for the festivities. For anybody that has never been to this jamboree, its a great time!! All different kinds of vendors selling truck related parts,usually at a show price also. So if you are looking for that special part to modify your truck, this might be your chance.
Also, TRUCKS, all kinds of them. Looking for some ideas or advice on how to do a project on your truck. Here is your chance, talk to the truck owners to see how they did it and where they got the best deal. So now we need a plan on where to meet, likethetruck suggested we meet by snowfighters truck at noon sat. OK by me!
If anybody has another idea, please post it and we'll look it over!

Workin for the weekend,
Lenny

Old 08-18-2003, 09:56 AM
snowfighter
Elder User

Guys Thanks I'm in the middle of a move so I don't have much time for the forum. That's the bosses words!!!!!!!!! Saturday noon is fine. I'll open my back yard to anyone from out of town who wants to bring a tent or camper. I will be signing up this weekend for anyone who wants to show there truck.

Old 08-18-2003, 02:31 PM
likethetruck
Freshman User

I plan on working at Avon that weekend, so I'll be there.

What do you need from us to show our truck(s)?

AND if you would post the cost, time to set up, etc.....

I'm on my way to work so I didn't check the web site for exhibitors.

Thanks.

Old 08-18-2003, 04:01 PM
snowfighter
Elder User

It's 65.00 to show if you register before Sept 12 after that date it is 80.00 you can register at familyevents.com I will take my truck in Friday the 19th morning about 6am This is the frist time to show my truck at this event (my chebby friends have been there for years) I was there last year to show and the Tornado came thru that friday so I did not show the truck. Why I show my truck?
It's not show quality as compared to others that have 100k in there trucks. It is cheaper for me this way you can take a cooler in your truck toys for the kids, food, extra clothes etc. I have contacted F.T.E. about some info and some banners and such so if you want to show your truck or just save money let me know so we can try to park together. Thanks Wayne

Old 08-18-2003, 05:07 PM
Chris_ce
Posting Guru

I have a baby due right around that time but if nothing happens I will try to make it.

Old 08-18-2003, 05:38 PM
MrRottnDog
Posting Guru

I'll be there all three days. If you see my truck stop by and say hi!

Old 09-01-2003, 09:30 PM
indianabc
New User

Can someone fill me in about this Jamboree. I have never been to one and do not know anything about them. Does ever "display" their trucks or is it only show trucks and such? What else goes on? I am trying to decide if I just come through the gate for 15.00 or if I pay the 65.00. What exactly does the 65.00 get you?

Old 09-02-2003, 05:33 AM
MrRottnDog
Posting Guru

For the 65.00 you get to park in the show and shine area as a participant Friday - Sunday. It also includes one passenger. You may show your truck... but many don't actually have it judged on Saturday. They just enjoy being a part of it all. There will be 10 Monster trucks, Mud Bog, and rock crawling. For more info check out http://www.familyevents.com You can also check out these pics I took at the show & shine at the Lima Ohio Jambo this last May. Indy is the same but even BIGGER!

http://mrrottndog.smugmug.com/gallery/6645

Last edited by MrRottnDog; 09-02-2003 at 05:40 AM.
Old 09-17-2003, 08:29 PM
Streetcruzer
Elder User

Snow Fighter: What is the best way to get into the fairgrounds in your opinion without waiting in long lines? Also I was listening to the radio coming thru indy this week (104.5 or 93.9) and they were advertising tickets for $5.00 off regular price or $5.00 for ticket at marsh and some parts store! Have you heard anything like that? I just caught part of it as I was moving through the const. on east side and was doing to many things at once to pay real close attention to advertisemant! Also, approx. where are you going to be parked in fairgrounds?

Sorry for all the questions, just getting caught up,
Lenny

Old 09-17-2003, 09:32 PM
Chris_ce
Posting Guru

discount tickets at advanced auto

Old 09-17-2003, 09:44 PM
FTE Ken
Post Fiend
Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

If you need FTE window/bumper stickers for the event, let me know!

Old 09-18-2003, 10:11 AM
Streetcruzer
Elder User

Originally posted by webmaster
If you need FTE window/bumper stickers for the event, let me know!
Webmaster: Sounds great, but how could I get them by friday as most of will leave early sat. morning!!
If you can overnight it to me, I'LL pick up the tab, just email me the cost of package!!

Thanks in advance,
Lenny

Last edited by Streetcruzer; 09-18-2003 at 10:19 AM.
Old 09-18-2003, 11:43 AM
snowfighter
Elder User

All the best way in to the Fairgrounds is from 42nd st. Take 38th st to Winthrop ave. to 42nd st. I have tryed to post a map from mapquest with no success. Fall creek (Binford blvd) has construction on it.

Webmaster: I sent you two emails about getting that material from you in advance I sent an email to Mil1on and he approved us and fowarded that email to you for approval. I assumed it was a done deal.

All see you Saturday I will be there all three days if anyone wants to stop by friday or sunday (cold beer on ice) I will be parked near the kids playground if you see a short bed chebby called Predater then i'm close.

Last edited by snow fighter; 09-18-2003 at 11:45 AM.

Quick Reply: Indy 4x4 jamboree in Sept !!