Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Bronco > 1978 - 1996 Big Bronco
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

1978 - 1996 Big Bronco SPONSORED BY:

Welcome to Ford-Trucks Forums!
Welcome to Ford-Trucks.com.

You are currently viewing our forums as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Ford-Trucks Forums community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 07-22-2014, 12:09 PM
New User

davlun is starting off with a positive reputation.
Cant find what you are referring to, please help.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BillyBob69 View Post
One thing I did was change the threading on the nuts in the body itself and replaced the bolts with a flip down one sided wing bolt. You only have to run it in about 2 turns then the upper end of the bolt folds over flat to keep it from backing out. When you fold it over, it applys pressure downward holding the top tight.
Old thread I know, but not find anything that has a match in google search that might be what you are talking about.

Could you post a picture/link of these bolts and installation?

Even really just the link/name I can use to find them.

Thanks,

David
Old 07-24-2014, 10:29 AM
New User

wolfie1961 is starting off with a positive reputation.
We bought an '88 for the kid when he turned 16. We took the top off of it many times. At least we did before some lady ran a red and totaled it.
Old 08-02-2014, 04:47 AM
Junior User

asdrew is starting off with a positive reputation.
I know this is a very old thread, but some may search for this topic that weren't around back then.

I used to take the top off my "86 regularly, never had issues with leaks, and my buddies would usually fight to get dibs on riding in back. We even drove off from our wedding topless: http://www.pastordrew.com/WeddingBronco.jpg

The bolts were a pita to remove/replace due to their number and fine threads, I wish I had thought of BillyBob's idea of swapping them out back in the day

More often than not I removed it by myself since it is only a 2-man job (my body + my brain =2). I once had it on my back as I was backing out the tailgate and went a bit too far, flipping it off the back of the rails upside down onto the ground. d'oh! (my brain was on break at the time). I was extremely pleased to discover how tough it was, not one thing bent or broken. After that I rigged up a hoist system in my lean-to equipment shed.
Old 08-02-2014, 04:47 AM

Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Bronco > 1978 - 1996 Big Bronco

Tags
1993, 1994, 1996, 96, bit, bronco, f150, ford, hard, needed, permanent, removal, remove, removing, top