1999 to 2016 Super Duty 1999 to 2016 Ford F250, F350, F450 and F550 Super Duty with diesel V8 and gas V8 and V10 engines
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Ordered truck delayed at rail yard! What to expect from customer service rep?

Search this Thread

Old 04-08-2016, 11:06 PM
kway3
New User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Ordered truck delayed at rail yard! What to expect from customer service rep?

I ordered my new 2016 F250 diesel Dec. 30. Due to the extended time frame I wasn't given a firm price on my trade-in due to the fact it was being wholesaled to the states and the fluctuation of the dollar. I also didn't sign anything committing myself to the truck because I didn't have a price on my trade-in, but the truck was ordered in my name. It was built and shipped Feb.10 and arrived at the Toronto rail yard Feb.18 with a delivery date of Feb. 29. I live 1hr 45 min. outside Toronto. After numerous discussions with my dealership on the where a bouts of my truck and them being totally in the dark, I finally contacted Ford customer service April 2, 5 weeks after the delivery date and 7 weeks after it arrived in Toronto. I have now been contacted by a customer service rep and she is going to look into the where the truck is but she says she won't be able to do anything else until the truck arrives at the dealer. Since it hasn't arrived this week it will be at least another week before I see it. In the mean time my trade -in value has dropped over $2000 due to the rise in the Canadian dollar since my due date. What can I expect, if anything,from the service rep monetarily or in incentives?

Old 04-09-2016, 06:27 AM
senix
Super Moderator
Received 1,415 Likes on 1,010 Posts
That is hard to say. Perhaps a maintance plan or an extended warranty for your patience.

Old 04-09-2016, 07:21 AM
Tom
Super Moderator
Received 672 Likes on 441 Posts
That's gotta be frustrating!

Unfortunately they aren't under any obligation to compensate you for the delay, and you can expect Ford to offer you nothing. Your dealer will hopefully make an effort to make things right, perhaps by giving you what your truck was worth a few weeks ago. Be friendly and respectful and you may get somewhere with this, just remember they are under no obligation do to anything for you.

Old 04-09-2016, 07:41 AM
kway3
New User
Originally Posted by Tom
That's gotta be frustrating!

Unfortunately they aren't under any obligation to compensate you for the delay, and you can expect Ford to offer you nothing. Your dealer will hopefully make an effort to make things right, perhaps by giving you what your truck was worth a few weeks ago. Be friendly and respectful and you may get somewhere with this, just remember they are under no obligation do to anything for you.
I'm also not obligated to buy the truck. I haven't put anything on paper yet, it was just ordered in my name. Can the rep do anything price wise to compensate me if I tell her I'm not going to take the truck?

Old 04-09-2016, 07:53 AM
bigc1301
New User
So im not the only one waiting for delays at the rail yard. The yard is less then 30 mins from the dealer and there it sits. Carmax offered me $6000 over my dealer so I had to unload it then. Course they truck was scheduled to be here that week. As soon as I sold it off the dealer then advised me "oh btw there's a delay at the rail yard" and its going to be 2-3 weeks. Now all I hear from the dealer is the track system is down and we got our fingers crossed. Ford service on here keeps jumping days so god only knows when

Old 04-09-2016, 07:57 AM
Tom
Super Moderator
Received 672 Likes on 441 Posts
Originally Posted by kway3
I'm also not obligated to buy the truck. I haven't put anything on paper yet, it was just ordered in my name. Can the rep do anything price wise to compensate me if I tell her I'm not going to take the truck?
Unfortunately they don't have the power to do anything with the price. That's because Ford isn't selling you the truck, your local dealer is. Anything that can be done to help you out is going to start with your dealer.

Old 04-09-2016, 09:42 AM
Pocket
Post Fiend
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
The issue is that Ford and your dealer both have zero control of the freight company in charge of delivering the truck to the dealer. Ford is not to blame, and neither is your dealer. Their hands are completely tied.

If your dealer helps you at all in terms of incentives, compensation, etc, they are doing so out of sheer kindness and hopes of a good customer survey from you. In no way are the obligated to do anything for you. At the same time it sounds like you aren't obligated to buy either.

It sucks, and I feel for you. Sometimes bad things happen that are just out of control for those involved. Hopefully things get resolved for you soon.

Old 04-09-2016, 10:32 AM
5851a
Logistics Pro
Received 720 Likes on 570 Posts
Dang that's disappointing, at least I know that I'm not the only person at the Life is a crap sandwich and I went to the all you can eat buffet.

Old 04-09-2016, 11:25 AM
nmclella
Posting Guru
Both are completely out of their control

Old 04-09-2016, 11:47 AM
Desert Don
Lead Driver
Received 4,626 Likes on 1,644 Posts
Originally Posted by kway3
And the hell of it is that your dealer can not even send a truck to pick it up from the rail yard, if he knew where it was sitting. Damn railroads and their independent BS! I definitely feel your pain!

Old 04-09-2016, 12:30 PM
bigc1301
New User
Well just got the call. Its at the dealership. Of course it is a day I cant get out of work. Guess monday it is

Old 04-09-2016, 01:14 PM
kway3
New User
Got a phone call this morning that my truck had arrived. Went in and saw it this afternoon. It's Bronze Fire and looks great until you open the door. Who's the Ford designer that thinks Adobe is a nice colour? I can live with it though. The dealer is going to take an additional $1500 off the price for the wait. I did lose almost $2500 because of the delay on my trade in. We haven't signed the paper work yet, he thinks I may be able to get a $1000 loyalty credit from Ford for the wait. I'm not holding my breath. I'll see what happens next week.

Old 04-09-2016, 09:45 PM
superrangerman2002
Logistics Pro
Received 17 Likes on 15 Posts
Sounds like you were able to get it worked out. Most of the time your lucky to get a shrug.

Old 04-12-2016, 08:28 PM
kway3
New User
Picking up my truck tomorrow. Customer service says the delivery occurred within their 14 week delivery window so there is nothing they can do about it. I imagine if it had taken another week it would have fell within their fifteen week delivery window. The dealer is treating me great so there is a bright side. Likely won't be my last Ford but will be the last truck I order through Ford.

Old 04-13-2016, 09:48 AM
sgeorge
Senior User
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Why did you get the Adobe interior on an ordered truck if you don't like the color? We ordered Caribou with Adobe based on pictures we found on this site and got lucky at our last camping jamboree one of the RV'rs had the same truck you ordered so we got to take a look at it before we actually placed the order. Everyone has their own opinion, hope you enjoy your truck.

Quick Reply: Ordered truck delayed at rail yard! What to expect from customer service rep?