6.7L Power Stroke Diesel 2011-current Ford Powerstroke 6.7 L turbo diesel engine

The 6.7's new tow mate: 2016 Montana 3790RD

Search this Thread

Old 08-28-2016, 07:35 AM
System
Prolocutor
Received 1,185 Likes on 569 Posts
Lewis, I agree completely.

Monty, I think most of us are more mad that you so maybe it takes more to **** you off than you think...LOL. You're a better person for it though as it certainly wouldn't have helped anything if you were kicking and screaming this whole time...

Old 08-28-2016, 07:36 AM
Iowa Ford
Post Fiend
Received 287 Likes on 132 Posts
Originally Posted by golfmedik
I know. I just want it done right when it is done. If it takes a week or so, at this point, I'm ok with it. They know me well there as I have bought my last three campers from them. They also know that it doesn't take much to **** me off and they are teetering on that edge.
Monty, I think it's past time they remembered what it's like.
You have been more than fair with them.

See, it even bothers others who have no skin in the game, when good people
get walked on.
Hope they get what they deserve too.

Old 08-28-2016, 07:54 AM
my_crib_too
Cargo Master
Received 1,183 Likes on 364 Posts
I know. I just want it done right when it is done. If it takes a week or so, at this point, I'm ok with it. They know me well there as I have bought my last three campers from them. They also know that it doesn't take much to **** me off and they are teetering on that edge.
Will your next camper be purchased from them?

Bruce...

Old 08-28-2016, 07:58 AM
System
Prolocutor
Originally Posted by my_crib_too
Will your next camper be purchased from them?

Bruce...

I was thinking the same Bruce. I certainly know where I WOULDN'T buy my next one from....

Old 08-28-2016, 09:46 AM
golfmedik
Lead Driver
Received 79 Likes on 15 Posts
They had both of the floorplans that I wanted in the Sandpipers and they are the only Montana dealer in North Georgia. They are very fair in price, but it is a family owned business and take care of family first. I could not have touched the price of any of my units elsewhere. I tried. That being said, for servicing, I have a choice of Camping World that will tell you up front that they have a 5 week backlog and then RVWorld of Georgia. They are the snottiest people to deal with I've ever seen. Their shop has a 6-8 week wait as I write this. Reviews for them are awful. It doesn't look that bad from their site as they edit it, but lots of people buy from them, ONCE! I don't mind my service manager as he and I get along pretty well, the salesman is truly a good guy. Known him for years. The rest of the place can go jump as far as I'm concerned. It's just from where I am, I am limited as to the places that can repair it. I really respect the service manager when he said he had someone that could repair it here(if it is what they think it is) and that he had never himself made such a repair. It's just a matter of waiting. Yes, I am impatient. Yes, I'm pissed, but not much other choice yet. After next week, I will know more. They have all been told that I have a long trip coming up in October and want it repaired by then. If not, they will have to have someone remove me from the dealership. Probably by force!

Old 08-28-2016, 12:37 PM
Iowa Ford
Post Fiend
Monty, I understand your position..... and hope the dealer stays in contact with you, so there won't be anymore surprises.
Hope you understand, we all feel bad you have to put up with this.

I have been thinking about a F/W myself. After this episode, I will more than likely buy my Dad's used one when he is done with it.
No surprises would make it worth trying.
For now we will just do the hotel thing.

Old 08-28-2016, 01:48 PM
Sailor Roy
FTE Chapter Leader

Received 3,988 Likes on 1,595 Posts
Originally Posted by Iowa Ford
Monty, I understand your position..... and hope the dealer stays in contact with you, so there won't be anymore surprises.
Hope you understand, we all feel bad you have to put up with this.

I have been thinking about a F/W myself. After this episode, I will more than likely buy my Dad's used one when he is done with it.
No surprises would make it worth trying.
For now we will just do the hotel thing.
I have a Raptor to sell you......Delivery included........

Old 08-28-2016, 02:25 PM
Iowa Ford
Post Fiend
Thanks for the offer Roy !
One big F/W in the shop at a time, I need room to work too.

Old 08-28-2016, 07:32 PM
bigredtruckmi
Lead Driver
Received 218 Likes on 50 Posts
Tim, just get it and park it next to the shop with a cover over it. It will survive the winter.

Old 08-28-2016, 07:41 PM
System
Prolocutor
Yup, and would be a lot more fun to have in Maine next year....

Old 08-29-2016, 08:13 AM
my_crib_too
Cargo Master
Received 1,183 Likes on 364 Posts
They had both of the floorplans that I wanted in the Sandpipers and they are the only Montana dealer in North Georgia. They are very fair in price, but it is a family owned business and take care of family first. I could not have touched the price of any of my units elsewhere. I tried. That being said, for servicing, I have a choice of Camping World that will tell you up front that they have a 5 week backlog and then RVWorld of Georgia. They are the snottiest people to deal with I've ever seen. Their shop has a 6-8 week wait as I write this. Reviews for them are awful. It doesn't look that bad from their site as they edit it, but lots of people buy from them, ONCE! I don't mind my service manager as he and I get along pretty well, the salesman is truly a good guy. Known him for years. The rest of the place can go jump as far as I'm concerned. It's just from where I am, I am limited as to the places that can repair it. I really respect the service manager when he said he had someone that could repair it here(if it is what they think it is) and that he had never himself made such a repair. It's just a matter of waiting. Yes, I am impatient. Yes, I'm pissed, but not much other choice yet. After next week, I will know more. They have all been told that I have a long trip coming up in October and want it repaired by then. If not, they will have to have someone remove me from the dealership. Probably by force!
I asked about being a return customer at the dealership because I read a good amount on an RV forum and your level of service from this dealer sounds okay. Lots of worse stories have been written. When you first posted that the problem would be solved in days and not weeks, that was a shock to me. Getting serious problems fixed at an RV dealership in days is a story you never read about when there is a question around broken frames or delamination. Doesn't seem to make any difference if you are having an issue with a pop-up camper or a fancy Montana RV. The service department at every RV dealer always seems to be booked. I think you are lucky that your RV didn't have to go back to the factory for repairs. Those can get to be some crazy long fixes.

Bruce...

Old 08-29-2016, 08:24 AM
System
Prolocutor
A big part of it is a lack of trained RV techs at the dealerships. Manufacturer warranty hourly rate is low (which is why many non selling dealers refuse to do warranty work). Since they aren't paying much, dealers aren't paying their techs much which results in the manpower shortage. Not enough techs, slow repairs... I was speaking at length with the warranty manager at XLR on my last trip out. She said it's an industry wide issue. What makes it worse is that the dealers usually throw it back on the manufacturers saying they didn't get parts or approval which in most cases isn't true and is generally done within a couple of days.

Now the simple answer is, shouldn't the manufacturer pay a higher warranty repair rate? Their logic is that they set MSRP stupidly high so that the dealers can play the discount game, still make a huge profit margin which in turn helps pay techs during the warranty repair process. That, to me, is a foolish broken business model on both the dealer and manufacturer end. However, it's the industry standard and not likely to change with business booming the way it is....

Old 08-29-2016, 09:30 AM
BBslider001
Hotshot
Received 376 Likes on 268 Posts
Originally Posted by Sailor_Roy
I have a Raptor to sell you......Delivery included........
I'd buy that Raptor in a heartbeat if I had the means right now. Maybe this Spring will yield some fruits.

Old 08-29-2016, 09:59 AM
Sailor Roy
FTE Chapter Leader

Received 3,988 Likes on 1,595 Posts
Originally Posted by BBslider001
I'd buy that Raptor in a heartbeat if I had the means right now. Maybe this Spring will yield some fruits.
I hope it isn't still here then.........We'll see....

Old 08-29-2016, 12:22 PM
k7lvo
Posting Guru
Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts
I ran across an item on local Facebook where a person took their 2 month old trailer in to service, and it was stolen off of the lot! Apparently, the lot people/pretty much told the owner to turn it into his insurance company, see ya later. Let's see, when I rent a trailer from that business and trash it, they won't have problem when I drop it off, tell 'em "have a nice chat with your insurance company!" and drive off, right? Fortunately, there are lots of dealers to choose from around here.

Quick Reply: The 6.7's new tow mate: 2016 Montana 3790RD