Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Moser

Ford Sync wont update

Search this Thread

Old 05-03-2016, 08:52 AM
malimal
New User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I will say my files were a little different, but i could see where the autoinstall file was calling for a file that was really not there.

I also deleted the redundant '[Windows Mobile For Automotive 5.8]' lines. not sure if that helped or now.

Old 05-03-2016, 10:13 AM
WXboy
Cargo Master
Received 339 Likes on 206 Posts
Just downloaded the files today, onto a brand new USB freshly formatted, and when I tried to update my truck I got the Files Not Found error. UGH...

Going to attempt to do what P-Bod did and see if that works.

Old 05-03-2016, 10:40 AM
WXboy
Cargo Master
Nope. No dice. Same error. Should I try removing the files from the Sync folder and just have them sitting in root directory?

Attached Images  
Old 05-03-2016, 07:53 PM
R3C0NXD45
New User
Files not found... so frustrating

I've tried everything I can think of. Multiple USB Drives all FAT32 all completely formatted and empty...

I've moved over all files and it always says "files not found".

Wish there was a concrete resolution for this - anyone have any other ideas?

I'm wondering if it's the previous owner's fault for never updating. Just bought the truck, ran a health report (clear on all accounts), but the original owner never updated (it's a 2010 and it was last updated 2010).

Old 05-03-2016, 09:08 PM
P-Bod
New User
WXboy, Did you edit autoinstall.lst, to look for -CA instead of -HC?

Item2 = E1BT-14D546-CA
Open2 = SyncMyRide\E1BT-14D546-CA.cab

and delete the repeated lines from the top of install.lst?

I didn't make any changes to the SyncMyRide folder.
My system is a 2012 Expedition with NAV and it did finally update to v4.4 after making these changes. It looks like there are quite a few variations out there, so one size may not fit all.

Old 05-03-2016, 09:16 PM
R3C0NXD45
New User
not sure if it's the best answer but...

I'd recommend getting in touch with Ford directly.

I had to try multiple times to get through to chat support but once I did they escalated my case.

I'm hoping for some specific help that will get me up and running but it definitely is an issue with the v4.4 update that they know of.

I'll try and post again if I get my issue resolved. Best of luck to anyone else having this issue!

Old 05-04-2016, 07:07 AM
WXboy
Cargo Master
Originally Posted by P-Bod
WXboy, Did you edit autoinstall.lst, to look for -CA instead of -HC?

Item2 = E1BT-14D546-CA
Open2 = SyncMyRide\E1BT-14D546-CA.cab

and delete the repeated lines from the top of install.lst?

I didn't make any changes to the SyncMyRide folder.
My system is a 2012 Expedition with NAV and it did finally update to v4.4 after making these changes. It looks like there are quite a few variations out there, so one size may not fit all.

Yep I tried everything yesterday, including your advice in threads on this topic, and it still won't even begin to read the files.

Old 05-04-2016, 01:38 PM
FordIVTteam
Official Ford Rep

Hey Everyone,

To install the 4.4 update, your flashdrive should be formatted to FAT32 with a SYNCMyRide folder, autoinstall.lst, and install.lst. The zipped items inside of the folder may vary depending on the vehicle. If you are using a Mac system, use Stuffit Expander to open the original file. Please send a private message with the VIN if the issue persists.

Joy

Old 05-05-2016, 09:07 AM
WXboy
Cargo Master
I got it to work!

In MY situation, here was the problem...

I left all the files exactly as they were downloaded from the website. I did not edit any of them. Then I went to the truck and IGNORED the directions from Ford. Instead, I used the buttons on the dash to navigate to "System Settings" > "Advanced" > "Install Application" and then the process began!! Took about 9 minutes total.

Then I went back to my PC and tried to confirm the update. Could not confirm using Google Chrome. Tried Internet Explorer and it worked! Looks like my update is v4.4.

I already love how it shows the artist and song info on the screen while using Bluetooth audio! I have heard that you also don't have to manually select Bluetooth each time anymore...that the truck will now remember where it left off. If that's true I'm stoked!!

Old 05-05-2016, 11:18 AM
dh_meyer
Mountain Pass
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by WXboy
I got it to work!

In MY situation, here was the problem...

I left all the files exactly as they were downloaded from the website. I did not edit any of them. Then I went to the truck and IGNORED the directions from Ford. Instead, I used the buttons on the dash to navigate to "System Settings" > "Advanced" > "Install Application" and then the process began!! Took about 9 minutes total.

Then I went back to my PC and tried to confirm the update. Could not confirm using Google Chrome. Tried Internet Explorer and it worked! Looks like my update is v4.4.

I already love how it shows the artist and song info on the screen while using Bluetooth audio! I have heard that you also don't have to manually select Bluetooth each time anymore...that the truck will now remember where it left off. If that's true I'm stoked!!
When did you download ? (date)

Which radio do you have ? Basic SYNC ? (ie 'text' screen) Or the nicer, graphical screen version ?

Old 05-05-2016, 01:41 PM
WXboy
Cargo Master
Originally Posted by dh_meyer
When did you download ? (date)

Which radio do you have ? Basic SYNC ? (ie 'text' screen) Or the nicer, graphical screen version ?
My files were dated 4-30-16. I have the basic Sync system without touch screen.

Old 05-07-2016, 01:15 PM
ryoken31
New User
Hey all. I downloaded the files again today as one of the previous posts indicated they got it to work with the newer files. I verified the "modified" date of the files in the .zip archive was April 30th. I ran the update in my truck and this time it worked fine.

Hopefully you guys are able to get yours to update as well.

Old 05-07-2016, 02:42 PM
1stFordTruck
Junior User
I was able to download and install the updates! Yes!!!!!!

Reported the successful install to Ford, and now the owners page says I am updated to v4.4.

Now my voice commands are working with the iPhone, and USB hooked up to the phone is working like it is supposed to. Oh Happy Day!

Old 05-08-2016, 06:28 PM
dh_meyer
Mountain Pass
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I was able to install the 4/30 version, too.

I had to use IE to upload my status to Ford (did not work with Firefox).

I was hoping to find a 'system version is 4.4' screen. There are a couple of 'system info' settings screens ........... does the

DR3T-14D544-AF

'version' indicate I'm at the desired level ? Or is there some 'new function' or system behavior the will demonstrate that I'm at the new version ?

Old 05-09-2016, 09:27 AM
FordIVTteam
Official Ford Rep

Hey dh_meyer,

That is the correct version that you should see displayed on SYNC for that update.

Joy

Quick Reply: Ford Sync wont update