Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Moser

Impersonator on Instagram and FTE!

Search this Thread

Old 03-30-2016, 09:57 PM
Notmeofficer
Laughing Gas
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
You really just have to be sorry for this "child" man.... to be so pathetic that you have to lie about something so stupid... it tells you a lot about his person's psyche,,, and their little ***** syndrome. He should come to this site where people would look at his rig and say.. awesome truck.. now get to building it.. with no pretenses at all

That being said.. scammers abound on the internet and this site is awesome.. where real people converse about trucks.. are helpful.. guide dont flame... welcome dont criticize... and are nothing but helpful

Ive had people from FTE hundreds of miles away check out parts and trucks for me without even being asked with nothing expected in return but a thanks

I think you did great detective work and this helps us self police our site making it more enjoyable for everyone. Ive never had a bad experience with anyone Ive ever dealt with from FTE... I cant say that about other sites like Pirate of the Caribbean

Good job PO-PO !!!!!

Old 03-30-2016, 10:23 PM
mountain dewd
Postmaster
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Amen to that Notme.

Would have been better if he started with "I want my POS to look like that". Might have actually made friends with the REAL owner of the truck, looking to his rig for inspiration. But no, he had to be an impostor, hiding behind a computer screen to be somebody he isn't. Must not get out much if he thinks he can pull that off.

Pretty sad, honestly.

Old 03-31-2016, 05:13 AM
co425
Cargo Master
Received 28 Likes on 13 Posts
In the end I am just glad that there are still people that look out for each other. I cannot thank enough the two gentlemen that brought this to my attention, and the help afterward to stomp a mud hole in it. Hopefully this guy learned his lesson and never does it again. However I am not naive enough to hold my breath.

Old 04-01-2016, 12:22 PM
77&79F250
Moderator & parts seller
Received 3,280 Likes on 2,438 Posts
Here is possibly a similar deal? Maybe the guys truck looks just like bucks77ford?

Truck for sale

Here is Bucks user name info, I have sent him a heads up PM.

Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums - View Profile: bucks77ford

Old 04-01-2016, 12:30 PM
akguy09
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by 77&79F250
Here is possibly a similar deal? Maybe the guys truck looks just like bucks77ford?

Truck for sale

He's definitely using Bucks picture...I flagged his add

Old 04-01-2016, 12:33 PM
fordrealdrive
Fleet Mechanic
Received 46 Likes on 34 Posts
I tried to pm him as well. He needs to be aware!

I'd want to know!

Old 04-01-2016, 01:31 PM
mikeo0o0o0
Hotshot
Received 202 Likes on 160 Posts

Truck for sale

At $800 for a "quick sale" that would pretty much scream SCAM!!! in my book! That truck is waaaayyyy too nice for that price.

Old 04-01-2016, 02:13 PM
dlburch
Cargo Master
Received 228 Likes on 183 Posts
Originally Posted by mikeo0o0o0
At $800 for a "quick sale" that would pretty much scream SCAM!!! in my book! That truck is waaaayyyy too nice for that price.
no, it's real...LOL

"Thanks for your reply,

Like I said in my previous email, the truck is already at Department of Logistics from Malmstrom AFB, Montana sealed and ready to go. The shipping will be free for you because I will transport it using the internal transport system they have there at the DoL! They will deliver the truck to the nearest AFB from your area and from there you can pick it up or I will have it delivered at your door. The whole shipping process will take between 6 to 10 days. I chose this method because like I said, I was deployed overseas for a 2 year period and I'm not able to handle this transaction in person. The financial part will be managed by eBay, which means you will have a 5 day inspection period before committing to buy the truck. In this way, both you and I are 100% covered during the steps of this transaction. If the vehicle it's not as I described it, you can ask eBay a full refund without being charged. I would really like to get at least $800 so if you are interested in making this purchase in a timely manner email me your: full name, shipping/billing address and your phone number, so I can inform eBay that I have a buyer!
Looking forward to hear from you, hopefully a positive response to get the ball rolling."

Old 04-01-2016, 02:56 PM
fordguy2100
Cargo Master
Received 20 Likes on 15 Posts

Truck for sale

Some posted that earlier on the CL find if the week too
It's been removed from CL already

Old 04-01-2016, 06:01 PM
TheMonson
More Turbo
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Apparently those CL scams using other peoples photos are fairly common. One of the other forums I'm on has found several using members pictures. Always something.

Old 04-02-2016, 11:44 AM
coopdog76
New User
I have already apologized. I sent you a direct message on Instagram.

Old 04-02-2016, 11:52 AM
coopdog76
New User
Originally Posted by co425
Thank you for posting this Super duty. Just for everyone's information there is a lot more to this that went on to this durring the week. I will post more of this after I get Super Duty's permission. But the gist of it is this guy wants what he doesn't have and is claiming to be someone he's not! As super duty said above this is not cool.

This is this persons real truck. Maybe just maybe this person will man up and apologize for his actions as he has blocked me and ignored all of my responses on Instagram.

Listen I didn't block you it was you who blocked me. I sent you an apology. Why can't we deal with this like men

Old 04-02-2016, 12:00 PM
TheSterling
Junior User
Originally Posted by coopdog76
Listen I didn't block you it was you who blocked me. I sent you an apology. Why can't we deal with this like men
How do men deal with it?

IMO, your best option would be to post a throughtful apology to Co425 and the FTE community. In the open letter you'd explain your actions, ask for forgiveness and set a positive tone for the future.

This is a great board with a lot of great guys and trucks. The people on here are unbelievably helpful and knowledgeable, but your actions caused some bad blood. I'd like to see this resolved and see you get help with your truck in the same way these guys have helped me with mine., but I don't see that happening until you take some steps to fix things on here.

Good luck with your truck

Old 04-02-2016, 12:04 PM
ultraranger
Lead Driver
Received 26 Likes on 23 Posts
Originally Posted by coopdog76
I have already apologized. I sent you a direct message on Instagram.
Glad to see you finally came forward and manned up with co425. There may be some hope for redemption after all.

It's natural to see a vehicle someone else has and to want to use their vehicle as the inspiration for patterning your own vehicle after. However, it's NEVER a good idea to use someone else's photos/work and claim that what's there is yours but, I think you've learned this lesson and you have stepped up to offer an apology for making a bad decision.

Old 04-02-2016, 07:23 PM
77&79F250
Moderator & parts seller
Received 3,280 Likes on 2,438 Posts
That Malstrom AFB... BS scam was used on that red/white real nice one a while back...

Quick Reply: Impersonator on Instagram and FTE!