New owner in need of some help :) - Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums

Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Super Duty/Heavy Duty > Excursion - King of SUVs

Excursion - King of SUVs 2000 - 2005 Ford Excursion SPONSORED BY:

New owner in need of some help :)

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 03-25-2016, 06:23 PM
New User

Grabberorange is starting off with a positive reputation.
New owner in need of some help :)

Hi guys, I'm new here. Just bought a 2002 2wd V10, always loved the excursion and wanted one since i was a kid. Being that im in the middle east the Excursion is a bit rare. The only Excursion i could find was one with this issue that i hope i can resolve.

I checked it out and it seems like the transmission wiring harness has been messed around with a little. (according to the dealer).

Also, i checked the wiring harness at a shop and the guy checked it/fiddled with it a bit, I started the car back up and the OD hasnt come on for 2 or 3 days.

Now the OD light is back blinking again but it only comes on after a period of driving then goes away after i turn off the car and start her up again. The codes i got were P0781 and P1715.

I would appreciate any help i can get. specially since there arent many reputable shops here and the dealership just wants to charge me for a new transmission
Old 03-26-2016, 11:36 PM
The Nekkid Super Mod

Stewart_H has a superb reputationStewart_H has a superb reputationStewart_H has a superb reputationStewart_H has a superb reputationStewart_H has a superb reputationStewart_H has a superb reputationStewart_H has a superb reputationStewart_H has a superb reputationStewart_H has a superb reputationStewart_H has a superb reputationStewart_H has a superb reputation
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grabberorange View Post
...and P1715.
http://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/14...l#post15694588

Stewart
2000 PSD Excursion 4x4: 38R, JW trans, Tuned by DP-Tuner, MBRP, AFE, V & B code's
Never Fry Bacon NAKED!