1999 to 2016 Super Duty 1999 to 2016 Ford F250, F350, F450 and F550 Super Duty with diesel V8 and gas V8 and V10 engines
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

1.5" Lift/Level Question

Search this Thread

Old 03-20-2016, 09:31 AM
Otway
New User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
1.5" Lift/Level Question

Hey guys, new member here looking for some guidance.

I have a 2015 6.7 CC and am looking to add a small 1.5" spring perch lift (Readylift) in front and 1" lift in rear (needs to fit in my garage so I am limited to this for now). Currently, front end is about 1/2" low. While I am at it, I am replacing stock shocks with Bilstein 5100's.

Question I have is: do I need to worry about an adjustable tracbar or drop tracbar bracket or adding alignment shims given the small amount of lift I am adding? Also, I am assuming I will need to have an alignment and steering wheel re-centered afterwards?

Has anyone already gone this route or have any experiences they could share?

Thanks in advance

Old 03-20-2016, 10:45 AM
hoss66
Senior User
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
With that small of a lift you shouldn't need anything other than the alignment when you are done

Old 03-25-2016, 11:45 PM
BOHAWG175
Senior User
Originally Posted by Otway
Hey guys, new member here looking for some guidance.

I have a 2015 6.7 CC and am looking to add a small 1.5" spring perch lift (Readylift) in front and 1" lift in rear (needs to fit in my garage so I am limited to this for now). Currently, front end is about 1/2" low. While I am at it, I am replacing stock shocks with Bilstein 5100's.

Question I have is: do I need to worry about an adjustable tracbar or drop tracbar bracket or adding alignment shims given the small amount of lift I am adding? Also, I am assuming I will need to have an alignment and steering wheel re-centered afterwards?

Has anyone already gone this route or have any experiences they could share?

Thanks in advance
I installed a Stage 4 ready lift about 150,000 miles ago. They include all the parts you need. No need for additional add on's. Call their customer service and they will walk you through it....I found them to be very helpful. I love the fact that it did not change the factory ride. You sure a 1.5" is as high as you can go? With the stage 4 and 35's I can still get mine in my standard garage with about an inch clearence.

Old 03-26-2016, 07:34 AM
projectnitemare
Laughing Gas
Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts
As mentioned earlier no other parts should be needed. After you are done visit an alignment shop. No parts needed to recenter the steering wheel if needed, but the castor angle needs checked. If it's out of spec you will need a different degree bushing at the upper ball joint.

Old 03-26-2016, 08:12 AM
Oxford 6.7
Freshman User
Originally Posted by projectnitemare
As mentioned earlier no other parts should be needed. After you are done visit an alignment shop. No parts needed to recenter the steering wheel if needed, but the castor angle needs checked. If it's out of spec you will need a different degree bushing at the upper ball joint.
Do the newer SD's have an adjustable lower cam bolt were the radius arm connects to the lower portion of the front axle to adjust the caster angle?

Old 03-26-2016, 10:45 AM
Irish19614x4
Posting Guru
I recently installed a 2.5" or so leveling kit in my 2005 F350 front end and the only issue I had was getting it aligned. They didn't need to change the caster unless I felt like I really needed to which they advised wasn't necessary, they did make some adjustments to a few other things and I have had no issues since. $100 and out the door in about a hour. They also did have to realign my steering wheel, which when I first installed the kit without drop bracket everything was fine but once I added that drop bracket it threw off my steering wheel center. I think they spent more time getting that right than anything else. No more premature wear on my tires and I have been very happy the past month or so with no issues.

I'm telling you this because you may or may not need any adjustments being so small. I would still recommend getting it checked out as you should always with any suspension adjustments.

Old 03-26-2016, 02:19 PM
Otway
New User
thanks for the great feedback everyone. To an earlier comment on my being able to use a larger lift and still fit in the 7' garage. Problem I have is the garage has a 3/4" trim strip at the top and a 1" concrete llip just inside door jam. The combination of these two meant I have only about 2.5" of clearance. I decided not to take the chance of the 2.5" scraping top so am going with just the 1.5" in front and 1" in back.

Next place I will make sure I have 8' doors and then its a whole new ballgame!

Will advise after lift is put in later in the week on what alignment shop says....thank again for feedback

Old 06-14-2016, 08:42 AM
jwilso98
Freshman User
thanks for the great feedback everyone. To an earlier comment on my being able to use a larger lift and still fit in the 7' garage. Problem I have is the garage has a 3/4" trim strip at the top and a 1" concrete llip just inside door jam. The combination of these two meant I have only about 2.5" of clearance. I decided not to take the chance of the 2.5" scraping top so am going with just the 1.5" in front and 1" in back.

Next place I will make sure I have 8' doors and then its a whole new ballgame!

Will advise after lift is put in later in the week on what alignment shop says....thank again for feedback
Hey Otway, did you end up doing this lift/level? I am going to put new tires on soon and am in the exact same boat as you with the garage clearance issue, got about 3" right now. I'm thinking about doing a traxda 1.5" front lift and the 1" rear lift, just not sure if I need new shocks, trac bar, etc.

Old 06-14-2016, 02:23 PM
Otway
New User
I did do the lift but did the Redi-lift 1.5" in front and 1" in rear. Perfectly level and no garage clearance issues. I did not add anything more than lifts and new wheel alignment.....rides great and lift is noticeable on front so I am glad with the route I took.

Old 06-14-2016, 03:19 PM
jwilso98
Freshman User
I did do the lift but did the Redi-lift 1.5" in front and 1" in rear. Perfectly level and no garage clearance issues. I did not add anything more than lifts and new wheel alignment.....rides great and lift is noticeable on front so I am glad with the route I took.
Okay cool, so no new shocks or anything needed. I'm guessing the front 1.5" was SKU 66-2111, but what did you use for the rear? I only see 4" rear blocks on their site and right now my factory block is 2", so I only need a 3" block.

Old 06-14-2016, 08:35 PM
Otway
New User
actually, I did use new shocks (Bilsteins) because of added height, but am not sure I noticed any difference in ride after installing them (contrary to what many say).

The rear 1" lift I ordered off ebay and you will need the longer u-bolts as well.

I did not relocate track bar or anything else (no camber/caster shims) other than standard alignment.

Old 06-15-2016, 12:20 AM
gustrider4
Senior User
Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts
i have a 2015 CCSB with a 2.5 level up front and 5" in the back. I would say the way it sits now, it does have a 1/2 lean in the front. but it dosent bother me. since mine was a little taller, i went and replaced the tracbar bracket. all it does is centers the axle back. if you dont replace it, nothing bad will happen. all that happens is the axle will shift to the left. obvisoly the taller the more it will shift. since you only want to do the 1.5 i dont feel it you will need to get it changed out. also, since these trucks are solid front axles, you dont need any front end alignment done. you will have yo adjust the drag link to recenter the steering wheel. thats litteraltly just screwing out the drag link bar a couple revolutions. hope this helps. heres my truck.

Old 06-15-2016, 07:30 AM
Irish19614x4
Posting Guru
Originally Posted by gustrider4
i have a 2015 CCSB with a 2.5 level up front and 5" in the back. I would say the way it sits now, it does have a 1/2 lean in the front. but it dosent bother me. since mine was a little taller, i went and replaced the tracbar bracket. all it does is centers the axle back. if you dont replace it, nothing bad will happen. all that happens is the axle will shift to the left. obvisoly the taller the more it will shift. since you only want to do the 1.5 i dont feel it you will need to get it changed out. also, since these trucks are solid front axles, you dont need any front end alignment done. you will have yo adjust the drag link to recenter the steering wheel. thats litteraltly just screwing out the drag link bar a couple revolutions. hope this helps. heres my truck.

I don't know about the newer trucks, however everything you said above is correct. Though only thing I would recommend is the alignment. Sure you may not need it so keep a eye on your tire wear but with any suspension modification it's always recommended to do it. Don't mean you have to just recommended.

Old 06-15-2016, 07:43 AM
gustrider4
Senior User
Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Irish19614x4
I don't know about the newer trucks, however everything you said above is correct. Though only thing I would recommend is the alignment. Sure you may not need it so keep a eye on your tire wear but with any suspension modification it's always recommended to do it. Don't mean you have to just recommended.
Yea, probably not a bad idea.

Old 06-15-2016, 09:37 AM
KingRanchCummins
Freshman User
I did a 1.5 level up front, didnt do a track bar because funds are tight, but the axle only slightly shifted so i am not worried about it. I also installed SPC fixed caster bushings pn 23268/23269, steering is great. Havent done an alignment, im just keeping an eye on my tires, I didnt mess with the toe and caster is non adjustable with the bushings that I bought.

Quick Reply: 1.5" Lift/Level Question