North Carolina Chapter Join Chapter, Leader:Benztechnc

Spring 2016 General BS Thread

Search this Thread

Old 05-30-2016, 03:57 PM
Sparky83
FTE Legend
Received 94 Likes on 60 Posts
welp after my grill collapsed.. it was time for a new one..

Name:  image_zps0pqucclq.jpeg
Views: 26
Size:  149.7 KB

they had this beauty on sale at lowes... which happened to be the same one i had been looking at... came some assembly required too...

Name:  image_zpsarn6kkub.jpeg
Views: 84
Size:  174.8 KB

about 45 mins later...

Name:  image_zpsmnz30sxo.jpeg
Views: 24
Size:  142.4 KB

20 mins later...

Name:  image_zpsyrgkippg.jpeg
Views: 23
Size:  149.3 KB

10 mins later was all finished...

Name:  image_zpspdow2kw4.jpeg
Views: 79
Size:  156.6 KB

Name:  image_zpsdjansvdc.jpeg
Views: 23
Size:  151.0 KB

Old 05-30-2016, 04:30 PM
77mud
Lead Driver
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by FordxFour
Did someone say shine...never touched the stuff myself.

Larry, your birds are looking good. You will enjoy them. I've had them since I was 9 years old although now i'm winding it down and getting out of it. My latest venture was working on the Heritage Rhode Island Reds(the real ones, not the fakes at the hatcheries). With my back problems and my feed bill exceeding $500.00 a month it was time to let someone else take over.

You are fortunate to be able to use regular chicken wire. I had to use hardware cloth and electric fencing around the pens due to the wild critters around here.

Be Good folks!

Happy Memorial Day and thanks to all who served...past and present!
Lol yea I've never touched shine either...

I took a chance when I built the pen where I did and seems to be working out well. I have a couple walker hours penned up right beside the chickens so that keeps any critters from showing up.

Old 05-31-2016, 12:57 PM
ncheavymetal
Postmaster
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Hope everyone had a fun and safe Memorial weekend.

Larry glad the chickens are still providing sustenance and entertainment for you.

Nice grill Sparky.

You folks have a nice week. It's going to be a busy one.

Old 05-31-2016, 04:11 PM
ubereal2
Post Fiend
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
We had a nice get together yesterday, (Monday/Memorial Day)
We were invited to there families get together. A lot of food, and a really good visit.

Old 05-31-2016, 05:57 PM
axidjw
Elder User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
So in the way home from work tonight I get it up from behind by one of the county's finest black+whites and thinking oh crap, what in the world. I wasn't speeding so he's either going to get me for illegal tint, being too loud or too orange..ughh, this is going to suck. I put in the indicator pull into a parking lot, gets out and walks up to the truck. I had already rolled the window down. He comes up and says ..hey everything is okay I just wanted to tell you, that's one beautiful truck you have. I look at him and say, officer, you scared me to death..ha-ha
So we talked for about 30 minutes about Lucille and he gave me his card and gave me a "free pass" if I get in trouble..lol awesome.

Old 05-31-2016, 10:52 PM
Sparky83
FTE Legend
Received 94 Likes on 60 Posts
Originally Posted by ncheavymetal
Nice grill Sparky.
ty james... got it fired up tonight.. didnt cook anything with it unless you count the paint lol.. instructions said prior to first use to heat the grill to 250* for 2 hrs to bake the paint on and the protective wax coatings off.. after which to "season" the nonpainted and cast iron grates with veggie oil then bake again at 200* for another 2... i couldnt keep the temps under 380*... which says not to exceed 400* or damage might occur...

think i had too many coals in there.. instructions said 50-60 brickets... when i had 60 in the grill it looked like the bag only had 10 more.. so dumped the remained her there.. think there was actually another 40 that got added...

Old 06-01-2016, 06:30 AM
ubereal2
Post Fiend
Originally Posted by axidjw
So in the way home from work tonight I get it up from behind by one of the county's finest black+whites and thinking oh crap, what in the world. I wasn't speeding so he's either going to get me for illegal tint, being too loud or too orange..ughh, this is going to suck. I put in the indicator pull into a parking lot, gets out and walks up to the truck. I had already rolled the window down. He comes up and says ..hey everything is okay I just wanted to tell you, that's one beautiful truck you have. I look at him and say, officer, you scared me to death..ha-ha
So we talked for about 30 minutes about Lucille and he gave me his card and gave me a "free pass" if I get in trouble..lol awesome.

THAT, is when you absolutely know, that you have a nice truck

Old 06-01-2016, 11:27 AM
ubereal2
Post Fiend
John, (axidjw) just left with his tailgate. He got to meet my boy Rocky too. But anybody that comes over has to have Rocky's approval.
He and I had a pretty good visit, really likeable guy. He's had his F150 about 3.5 months, and has a sweet looking ride.
Vary nice work John, and it was a pleasure to meet you today.

Attached Images   
Old 06-01-2016, 05:07 PM
77mud
Lead Driver
Nice looking truck for sure!

Old 06-01-2016, 05:38 PM
axidjw
Elder User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
hey bob!! it was great to meet you today. Now i know why everyone thinks so highly of you. Very easy to talk to and easy going. Love your Deutscher Schäferhund Rocky.. Def had a great visit, wished i could of stayed longer to impose.Kabluey..WOW!! that is one bad *** truck..im green with envy. IT's a beast!! Watching 10 foot water spouts shoot out of the stacks when bob fired the behometh up, made it worth the whole trip for just that..it was freaking great!! That was one long trek in one sitting though.,8 hours round trip, was great the whole trip and then 2 hours from AVL, the bottom dropped out. Tons of accidents and i couldn't see 5 feet in front of me and i dont know if it was the horrible down pour or moisture or what but my temp gauge climbed higher than it ever has. It only creeped up to about 3/4 but i have never seen it go up past between 1/4 and 1/2.. weird ..oh yea and i have a tiny leak at top windshield somewhere but it did come down for almost 2 hours straight in buckets so immmm not complaining for the 4 or 5 drops that made it in...haha
btw, .bob.. that tailgate was originally blue..haha
the damage at bottom is nothing, looks really good..few little pin holes and the none spot but thats nothing that fiberglass and body filler cant fix..haha

Attached Images      
Old 06-02-2016, 06:01 AM
ubereal2
Post Fiend
I really need to do some more work on Ka'Bluey's exhaust to seal things up better. But he sure will put on a water show if it's been raining hard. Even with my Folgers coffee can rain caps.
I'm glad that tailgate is going to work out for you.

Old 06-03-2016, 06:15 AM
77mud
Lead Driver
Welp I'm "sick" today...

So I'm off to get 2 new to me used tires for the back of the dually, also getting 2 new tires for my grandma's explorer that I did ball joints on last week. Then getting the new tire mounted for the bike also.

Old 06-04-2016, 09:58 PM
77mud
Lead Driver
Went to the mud race tonight, let's just say it didn't go to well for me.

First off broke something in the front end, got leaky water pump, and the electric fan wouldn't come on.

Old 06-05-2016, 07:24 AM
fuzzy1626
Cargo Master
Received 19 Likes on 18 Posts
Sounds like a rough night at the pit. Jump on the bike and get some fresh air and relax.

Old 06-05-2016, 07:27 AM
ubereal2
Post Fiend
Originally Posted by fuzzy1626
Sounds like a rough night at the pit. Jump on the bike and get some fresh air and relax.
I don't know about on the East Coast where Larry is at. But we're supposed to get some pretty good storms today.
Good Morning North Carolina

Quick Reply: Spring 2016 General BS Thread