Notices
1987 - 1996 F150 & Larger F-Series Trucks 1987 - 1996 Ford F-150, F-250, F-350 and larger pickups - including the 1997 heavy-duty F250/F350+ trucks
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Look at this, where find parts?

Search this Thread

Old 02-14-2016, 08:26 PM
command37
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Look at this, where find parts?

Parked next to this at AutoZone when going to get a spare serpintine belt. I was impressed and I want to know where I can get the cosmetic parts seen on this red F150. Particularly the fender flares, trim peices, emblems, sidestep rails (I know they have a different name) and how I can get my exhaust rerouted to the fronts of the rear tires like he has...

Attached Images   
Old 02-14-2016, 09:06 PM
Lead Head
Lead Driver
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Not sure on the emblems (actually don't mind the badge on the fender, one by the exhaust is a bit goofy though), but all the other chrome bits are readily available from a lot of places like LMC Truck, Summit, etc...

Old 02-14-2016, 09:26 PM
command37
Senior User
Well I think they look good. They also draw attention to yhe exhaust, which I also like.

Old 02-14-2016, 10:20 PM
Irish19614x4
Posting Guru
Originally Posted by command37
Well I think they look good. They also draw attention to yhe exhaust, which I also like.
Exhaust is going to be custom, if you have smog laws I would wonder if he deleted cat and muffler but none the less just go to a muffler shop and tell them what you want they will fabricate angled pieces to match that style all with keep original parts. I'm just not sure where your muffler mounts at but if it's before the bend out in the photo you took of other truck then they would have just used a 90 degree bend to go out just before rear wheels.

Old 02-15-2016, 08:49 AM
Bird-Dog 250
Elder User
Although they look nice those fender lips look like the stick-on type. They can have the tendency to hold water moisture causing rust down the road. There's an old school hot rodders line..."Chrome will never get you home".

Old 02-15-2016, 10:29 AM
tjc transport
i ain't rite
Received 3,090 Likes on 2,154 Posts
agreed on the chrome don't get you home. they look like JC Whittney or Pep Boys parts.

Old 02-15-2016, 11:08 AM
Bird-Dog 250
Elder User
I know they do sell the stuff. http://www.jcwhitney.com/tfp-stainle.../p2031022.jcwx 26.00 Didn't read the description but they could be plastic.

Old 02-15-2016, 11:12 AM
Freightrain
Lead Driver

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
The fender chrome is likely LMC or such. Not hard to find.

The emblems look like late model stuff, buy at dealership or maybe aftermarket by now?

The running boards look to be off late model super cab? Or at least 97-up?

Exhaust? Just have to see how far back your muffler is. Is there room to put a bend in it and get it in front of the wheel? Is not, move the muffler forward and have tip bent. Not a big deal either.

Old 02-15-2016, 02:22 PM
Bird-Dog 250
Elder User
The emblems look like 2014 - 15

Old 02-16-2016, 07:12 PM
MR KROGOTH
Laughing Gas
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
The F150 emblems are from an 09-14 model truck.
The nerf bars look to be from a similar vintage, hacked and slashed up to fit.
Exhaust looks like typical simple cowboy cut/lightning style most people do to cheap out.
Fender flares lok like vatozone rust promoter model.

All in all, another high schooler got ahold of grandpas clean truck.

Old 02-16-2016, 07:33 PM
The_Drew
Senior User
Originally Posted by MR KROGOTH
Exhaust looks like typical simple cowboy cut/lightning style most people do to cheap out.

I would have to agree with all of this.

Old 02-16-2016, 07:57 PM
White 97 xlt
Postmaster
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
And, made a dang mess of it!!!

Old 02-16-2016, 08:41 PM
LeoJr
Cargo Master
Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts
I'm a fan of ripping the band-aid off so turn away if abruptness bothers you...but if you are eye humping the JC Whitney centerfold in the parking lot....

Ditch the topper, black bumpers, black sidewalls and the 'running boards'. And where is your mirror?

Turn the raised white letters (RWL) to the outside. Spend a few dollars and get some tire cleaner/foamy stuff.

Someone already went the wrong direction with the headlight swap and the white turn signal mod. The clear turn signal works on a white or light single color pint scheme, but for anything white and a darker color two tone, the amber turn signals are a must. My personal preference is against smoke tinted anything but this is an area I have some tolerance. Never clear unless an all white scheme.

Find some decent chrome bumpers. They don't have to be the XLT/Diesel version with the holes, but it helps. Rear bumper too. Even the rear ones from 87-92 will fit. (Just not sure about the front.)

Mirrors...If you have the smallish "nemo" mirrors find the ones with the chrome on the front. If you had the more functional 'towing' mirrors, find some decent ones that use your existing holes. Don't go full Dodge/Superduty ******* on them and hang a swing set frame on your door. Stick close to factory...shiny and functional...but factory.

The running boards you have are cheap and easy to install...that is why installer push them, and do-it-yourselfers install them. Decide if you really need them...chances are if you really use them they are insufficient and tearing your sheetmetal apart. If you don't need them, remove them. Because they look like something your Dad would install. Find ones that bolt to the frame or just keep a small footstool in your floorboard. (Side note: I am a mid 50 year old Dad.)

For reference, even with this much topper you are pushing the coolness rating into the duffer range. (My kids remind me of this every day.)

Old 02-16-2016, 09:08 PM
Lead Head
Lead Driver
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

God forbid someone have different taste than you. The truck looks good enough to me, and nothing appears to be really hacked together. The owner obviously takes pride in his truck.

It's a 20 year old Ford pickup. It's not worth getting worked up about. They made millions of them, and clean OBSs are still easy to come by, especially out of the salt belt.

Old 02-17-2016, 08:45 AM
Ddaybc
Elder User
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
[QUOTE=Lead Head;16050271]God forbid someone have different taste than you. The truck looks good enough to me, and nothing appears to be really hacked together. The owner obviously takes pride in his truck.[Quote]

^ Agree. Pretty harsh comments in this thread for someone who asked a simple question, wow. Appearance is a personal thing and for what it's worth I like both trucks in the picture although I prefer the two tone with the canopy. Mine is two tone blue with the same canopy (blue naturally) so I'm biased.

Quick Reply: Look at this, where find parts?